It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

I just loaded it on my TV Computer with 32" 720p, Radeon HD 3650. Dialed down the video settings a little bit, more than 1280x720 I think (1440x900?). And it ran very smooth.

Tried again on this computer (HD5450), but still mean person/people at any resolution. Weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

It does not run ok om my W7 X64 PC which has sufficient hardware resources available. (4 GB RAM Intel I2 Q9750 quad core etc.)
Probably my AMD ATI Radeon 5700 Catalist 1 GB video driver might cause the problem.
After the intro on the island I can't get control, as it keeps on turning around and around.........
I also tried to change several installable video options in the game, without any improvement so far. :(

Then I tried also to install the game on a W8 RTM x64 VM ( virtual video driver) , but dat was not a success either. It consumed about 100% of the 4 vCPUs asssigned to that VM and was not willing to run OK. :(

Last edited by JanB on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:44 am 
Obduction Backer

I guess I could clarify that my TV computer is running Vista, and Cores runs smoothly, but this computer is running Win7, and Cores runs mean person/people. Both are Dual Core Pentiums. 2.4+GHz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:58 am 
Obduction Backer

I got in running now on another older 2 Core PC with an old AT 3600 Display and 4 GB ram under W7 x64 Ultimate with an old ATI 3600 Video card.
I suppose the ATI driver issue might have something to do with the ATI driver of the 5700, which doe not cooporate always smoothless with my Anysee CNO TV driver ( causing driver resets).

Post subject: Five Cores on Wineskin??
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:22 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah everyone,

I've tried creating a Wineskin and installing the software via my Mac but the game software fails almost immediately when starting the install. I haven't been able to find any error logs anywhere and haven't seen any error messages displayed in the brief glimpse I get of the installation interface before it disappears.

Are there any Wineskin gurus out there who have any ideas?? I can install the game just fine on my Bootcamp partition, so I'm sure the installation itself works (i.e. I didn't get a corrupted download).

Help!! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

@JanB, note that the game (at least on my computer) uses WASD controls for movement rather than clicking to move. So you might have a working game!

I'm stuck in a place with a music puzzle right now. I think I know what notes to play, but nothing happens when I do! Very frustrating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:09 am 

rivenwanderer wrote:
@JanB, note that the game (at least on my computer) uses WASD controls for movement rather than clicking to move. So you might have a working game!

I'm stuck in a place with a music puzzle right now. I think I know what notes to play, but nothing happens when I do! Very frustrating.

Believe me, if you already activated the keys of the piano, there is some happening, but you must find where and what (otherwise if i tell you it will be a big spoil;) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Scarchu wrote:
rivenwanderer wrote:

Believe me, if you already activated the keys of the piano, there is some happening, but you must find where and what (otherwise if i tell you it will be a big spoil;) )
Wow, you've got a lot farther than I have. I'm trying to get the tram to work on the first island. Got the electric on with the power indicator looking right, but can't open the door.

I've also been in the cavern, but can't figure that mess out yet, either. I did get the giant magnifier to work, but that's all on that island, and I've been nowhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

It might be an idea to use the spoiler tag when talking about the puzzles. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:46 pm 

This game is starting to sound interesting, I might have to buy it. Do you if I can download a demo somewhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

There is no demo, just the trailer. It is large with lots of exploration. $9.25US is not bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:09 pm 

My concern is that it may not work correctly on my video card, which is why I would rather try it before I buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:42 pm 

Jamie Marchant wrote:
My concern is that it may not work correctly on my video card, which is why I would rather try it before I buy it.

Yeah, I wish the developer had released a demo version. I bought the game simply because ~$10 was a reasonable price, but I am getting a very "Myst-like" experience in that it is almost a slideshow at times. I've had to turn down the visual settings quite a bit to get something playable, but now I feel like I am losing a lot of potential fidelity to be able to play the game well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:

WASD and corresponding arrow keys + mouse work OK on my test PC an dit that olse on my previous install attempt.
The problem on my main PC. which has a lot more processing, memory and and video resources available , is that the game installed OK. starts up OK, then gives you a Myst lilke fly down to the starting point on an isle. After the landing, it shows a list with a story and some hint.
After reading all that, when Iw anted to start the actual exploration and left that instruction, the whole scenery started rotating continuously which could only be stopped by pressing ESC.
So I assumed a video graphics related driver conflict: AMD Radeon 5700 1 GB, Catalist x64 - which driver version was up to date.
Switching to the other much simpeler machine setup, which runs without video driver resets etc. made te game playable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:41 pm 

I don't understand the connection between a spinning screen and video drives but it does seem to fit what others are saying. I also don't understand why this game works BETTER on older computers but it seems so hit and miss that I don't want to buy it atm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next