It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Myst in 3DS eShop
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

I just discovered that Myst is now available as a digital download from the Nintendo 3DS eShop! And judging from the screenshots, the actual gameplay is on the 3D capable top screen, unlike the videos we have previously seen. The only downside is that it's $30.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:27 pm 

"Only" downside?

http://www.gamespot.com/myst/forum/i-bo ... -64312039/

Looks like you can add awkward controls, heavy compression, and a complete lack of 3D to the list of downsides. Considering you can get the game with better visuals and sound for $6 on iOS, Steam, and GOG, there's no reason to pay $30 for this pile of schlock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Here I was thinking it'd be just as bad as the DS version, and they went ahead and made it worse.

This "Maximum Family Games" company should evacuate their building and burn it down

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:07 am 

It sounds a bit worse then the DS port, which is sad because Myst is such a good game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:32 am 

Maximum Family Games? More like Maximum Farcical Garbage!

I feel sad and pained to know that people have actually paid for this, and worse for the people who bought it on eShop since they can't return it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

I just did a search for reviews, and came across this site: http://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-re ... ntendo-3ds

The one review in particular talks about the 3D effect and touch screen use.

Has anyone here actually tried the game to confirm if it has these things or not? I still am not going to spend $30 on this game, I'm just curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:34 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrA1hJmu7RI

Another review confirms that there is no stereoscopic 3D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

LuigiHann wrote:
Here I was thinking it'd be just as bad as the DS version, and they went ahead and made it worse.

This "Maximum Family Games" company should evacuate their building and burn it down

Yea, I hate to bump up an old thread, but I saw the game on sale for ten bucks and figured I'd give it a shot.

Let me just say, if anyone spends even one dollar on this port then you've just wasted your money. I already knew it's wasn't in 3D, but the visuals look like mud, so you wouldn't want it in 3D if that was even an option; also, environmental changes (like the tree elevator moving) aren't displayed half of the time, and Stoneship age... oh poor Stoneship. The very first screen of Stoneship age looks like a pixelated mess; you can't even tell what you're looking at when you first link in. Also, there's some serious video issues with this port. The opening cinematic doesn't even finish playing before it goes to the menu, and the age flybys present in all the other major versions are non existent.

It's pathetic, absolutely pathetic, and a disgrace to Cyan. If I was Cyan, I'd sue Maximum Games for trying sully the brand.

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]