It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:26 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

This thread is being started to address the URUPICS website:
Everybody is welcome to share their photos on this website.
--
http://www.URUPICS.COM Administrator, TrapperDave
--
http://www.URUPICS.NET Administrator, janeerah
--
--
It is strictly a photo Gallery site, content is not storyline or information,
there are many other sites available for information.
I would appreciate links to URUlive related sites be posted here that I have missed
in my links page, so that I can add them.
Some issues arose & they will be addressed here on this thread :)
I welcome any & all criticism & suggestions, which will help to improve
the site.
TrapperDave Ki # 05625016

Last edited by TrapperDave on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Jahmen wrote:
Quote:
TrapperDave, I went to your http://www.urupics.com/ Website to see what you had done.
It was well organized and amazingly comprehensive to how many Name Quests with Explorer Namess that made it into your Index List!

I'm Jahmen and I made a Quest Series of Clue Quest Puzzles & Story Quests. http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22546
It's been hosted by Quest's Hood and I-Spy's hood for many years now.
My Jahmen's Quest Series started just before 10/10/10 and I have been hosting it ever since.
I was stunned to find on your website that you obviously never heard of me or my Quest Series, as it wasn't listed anywhere.
I even promoted it with Guild of Messengers and in the Forum here over the years.

I'm so bummed out from your Website not having anything about my Quest Series and . . .
Seeing now that all the Quests I have made have amounted to nothing more that a worthless effort on my part leaves me speechless.
I can see I might as well just leave URU for all the good my efforts have amounted too in trying to make additional Uru game content with Quests.
Guess I should be greatful you opened my eyes to see that everything I've made was a waste.

Jahmen wrote:
Quote:
First, I appologize for going off topic here about the changes with the in-game Jumping that changed.

Look! I know TrapperDave doesn't have anything against me! Nor I him for that matter.

Obviously, TrapperDave doesn't even know me or my Quests, so obviously he hasn't any personal agenda against me and I'm sorry if I came off sounding like he might have. I didn't mean too!

And as to his Website, I did credit him to having built a well conceived and constructed format.
Personally, I think TrapperDave might have considered before he decided to stopped building it with the known Quest games content, to have done more research towards getting or finding all the basic popular Quests added in and leaving it a bit more rounded site for Quests is all.
I see that I over-reacted perhaps too emotionally here when I posted and I am sorry for that now.

And yes Annabelle, as you mentioned their are several explorers at various levels actively playing through my Quest Series.

I continue to struggle with trying to fix my Quest Series flawed sequence of progression.
Don't get me wrong, I think my Clue Quests and Storyline is sufficient, but the Q&A theme for playing and progressing through the series is in need of a fix.

The Quests Series avatar hosting explorers seem plagued with problems receiving and sending Ki-mail messages for Q&A sessions.
Quest Series is hard enough to play through without 2 plus week delays in getting explorer sent requests for Q&A delaying them so as they are forced to quit from waiting and move onto other quests.

Something I hope Lyrobot hosting of our Quests to download might be able to help out with.

I wasn't in a good place when I ran across TrapperDave's post and Website and again I'm sorry for my reaction.
I have spent days now working at finishing up a Final All Quests Content Print file and Master Agenda file of the entire Quests Series content and workings.
Truth be told, my Quest Series has become a Monster for me to manage all of Clue Quests and Story Quests file of pages and pages and I sometimes get overwhelmed by it all.
Additionally, I have built a Website for hosting the Quest Series Clue Quests and need to learn enough java script to add the Help, Hint and Spoiler Pages content with to help better facilitate explorers playing the Quests Series.

Plus, I had hoped to still find time to check my 2 old hard drives for additional URU content I had spoke of in another thread and now find they locked that thread. So even if and when I do find proof, I won't be able post it there were it was expected.
It is hard when you know something to be true and others call you a liar and fraud and you can't show them any proof you did have because likely, you threw out what you had. This have been a difficult pill for me to take and I'm still choking on it.

P. S. and give all that is going on in the world around me, all this is silly nonsense I let up set me at times.
I'm just another flawed human like so many others who at times looses sight to what is truly important in life..

Thankyou very much for your comments Jahmen. But the site is growing & I think it need better organization &
content. janeerah & I discussed it this morning. The .Net site will cover diversified content & maybe even
language in French.
--
This is a copy of my about page.
Jahmen I have set up a page for you & placed you in the index.
All I need is your imput & photos. Just took the information off the Forum for now.
The site is primarily a photo gallery type website.
Link to: http://www.urupics.com/ you will see a button on the right with your name & a hyperlink
to page.

About UruPics
This site is dedicated to sharing photos with other explorers so that all might enjoy & experience what takes place in the cavern.
UruPics.Com : Site Administrator, TrapperDave
UruPics.Net : Site Administrator, janeerah
These sisters sites are hosted on the same server. But each have there own identity & are unique in presentation.
Anybody is welcome to publish their photos here & have their very own page to share with others.
Please do not Ki mail your photos to me in the game.
I cannot use them, because a screen shot is necessary to capture them & and by enlarging them they are of low quality & blurry. Sometimes I cannot resist using them, but try to avoid it.
Instead send your pics to me via regular email. Just attach .jpg files to the email. Send the pics to:
TrapperDave---------
I understand that some do not want to reveal their email address, and I do not blame you. So I suggest you set up an alternative email that is not their personal email address, just to use for this purpose.
However I promise not to abuse the email & will not share it or spam with others ( trust).
Alternatively, I hope to have ftp data collection set up through this website, so your privacy is kept intact.

Last edited by TrapperDave on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:11 pm 

English : It is wonderful and splendid!
Japanese : Sore wa subarashikute migoto desu!
日本語 : それは、素晴らしくて見事です!

E : I added it to a favorite at once. :D
J : Watashi wa sassoku okiniiri ni tsuika expletive. :D
日 : 私は、早速お気に入りに追加しました。 :D

pekepekepe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sorry, I only speak English and have a hrad time doing that at times :)
As Isobel once told me .... " I speak jibberish"
Wish I could do all the languages :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:06 pm 
Nah, it's all Greek to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I don't think Chiro is requesting anything be done in Japanese; just simply posting in both languages so that both English and Japanese speaking members may read what she posted.

Btw, I think this thread should be in the Creativity Section. I'm afraid it's going to get lost in Off-Topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:08 am 

:arrow: TrapperDave,
I am sorry to bother you.
The Japanese sentence below is the same as an upper English sentence.

:arrow: Tai'lahr,
Thank you for helping me.

When I just became the member of the forum, there was the person who translated an English sentence into Japanese, and post it like this.
I was glad of the kindness of the person then.
Because I wanted to only introduce the Japanese, I do not intend to continue this in future either.

I apologize in my having used this place again. Really I'm sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chiro
You didn't bother me at all & no apology necessary at all , no problem.
It was just my twisted humor because many times I wish I could speak or
understand other languages. But I am illiterate in that respect.
Keep it up everywhere ! I didn't realize that you were translating.
I was just joking :)
I am the one who owes you the apology !
Thank you for the compliment & the translation !
I am sorry Chiro :cry:
TrapperDave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Oh Chiro, please don't stop posting in Japanese if it's something you enjoy doing. This is just one of many ways in which you are building a bridge between the English & Japanese communities. We are an international community and should embrace our differences. ((hugs)) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

What an amazing and impressive repository of Uru awesomeness and fun, TrapperDave, one could even
call this a historical documentation of exploring and celebrating life in the Cavern resp. the modern D'ni ... :P

Everything is very well and neatly arranged ... All those pictures of good quality are all, almost every
single one of them, labeled, so that everyone can assign them to the resp. event/person/place etc. ...
And one can find and track almost every marker quest ever available, completely and beautifully
illustrated and also very well structured and arranged in different sections ...

Haha, now I can finally see and admire all your famous magical monster ehhh marker quests, Annabelle ... :lol:
I feel already dizzy just by looking through the pictures ... I wonder how anybody could ever manage to
succeed through them, but as far as I remember, you're providing perfect guidance along with the markers ... :)

Yeah, TrapperDave, thanks a lot for sharing and making this even available for everyone to participate ...
What a mighty job and awesome contribution to the whole community, just for the fun and the love of it all,
but this could also come in quite useful in one or the other occasion or situation ... Way to go! Trapper and all ... :D

Edit: I agree with Tai'lahr, Chiro ... You are such a gentle and wonderful person ... We so appreciate to have
people like you with us around here ... Don't stop posting ... And when you write in Japanese we can translate
it with 'Google Translate' just like you ... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you very much janaba1 :)
My time has been consumed having to follow Annabelle & the other Marker Games.
The site should become more diversified in the future covering more events.
Yes it is quite awesome & astonishing where Annabelle has climbed to, and the work involved !
That is one reason I was trying to photo document it so others would be interested to try it !
I take photos at critical points along the climb, however not 360 degrees in every direction at every place.
There is nothing like doing it yourself and switching back & forth 1st person to 3rd person views!
Want to try it someday :) Everybody can learn skydiving if they put their mind to it.
I need to make the site more historical & cover more events !
But I can't be everywhere all the time, so I need help :)
Thanks again for your compliment :D
There are typos , errors, &things that need fixed, but winter is coming, trying to improve it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:32 pm 

TrapperDave !
Tai'lahr !
janaba1 !

A thousand pardons !

And thank you a lot a lot. (many many many more)

Because I am very inexperienced, my English troubles all of you in this way.
But all of you are very kind, and I am really glad.
I thank for that I was able to meet you here.

By the way...
I must practice a combo jump extremely a lot !!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:53 am 
Obduction Backer

:arrow: Chiro Thank you much !!!!!!
Keep practicing combo jumping & do not give up !
It will come to you eventually.
Do you know how long I had to practice ? :lol:
It was more than 6 months of hard practice, but you will catch on to it.
If I see you in the cavern sometime I will help you. Thanks :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:38 am 

Really fun to go through all the recent posts: Tai'lahr's, Janaba's, Chiro's, and TrapperDave's :D

You don't have to worry much Chiro about the fact that your mother tongue is not english.

Only between the 5 of us, we have 4 different mother tongues:

Tai'lahr & TrapperDave: English
Janaba: German
Annabelle: French
Chiro: Japanese

@ Janaba: You can vanquish the "monsters" I made! Dave did them very well. I saw his website :D

I Started slow, laying one marker at the time, conquering one collision wall at the time. Each marker has an instruction or set of instructions. Nearly 14,000 markers!

TrapperDave took awesome pictures will playing my quest. He wrote me very kind KImails too. I always have in my long list of "ToDos ": share with everyone what Dave sent me in game. :wink:

I'm glad he loved my "Crab picture" :D That's my favorite picture. I have it in my KI shot holder avatar and I keep a copy on my PC too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:52 pm 

TrapperDave :D
Annabelle :D

Thank you very very very much.
I was taught the combo jump by my Japanese friend a lot.
I learned it to the way of pushing keyboard and mouse.
It might be too early that I gave up !
But that Dave practiced hard for half a year. :shock:
I will do my best, too. :wink:

I came to like MOULa more and more !
All of you who are not the English zone are really good at English.
I must study English more.

I look forward to that I can meet you in a cave. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next