It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

:roll: Thanks again Chiro , months to get really good at the combo, but I am a clutz , so don't go by my slow speed
:roll: Annabelle : I just today put up two more of your quests: Completed The Definitive Kahlo's Pub ( well ... almost
except for the exit, need to go back & do the exit ! ) & The Sutherland Point ( Ae'gura 4), must be an old game ?
You are so kind Annabelle, for sometimes I think I should do better !
"vanquish" never use that word OK :) Sounds like you are thinking of deleting them ?
I can not even imagine all the work it took to lay 14,000 markers and add instructions for each, before the days of
Marker Editor !!!!! I still have a lot of loose ends to do, going all the way back through them just for the ending.
Someday maybe, but that's what keeps you going.
BTW: I would like a copy of the original Crab Photo please ? If you could post it here that would be great, one of my
favorites ! I went to underwater Ahnonay to try & duplicate it, but did not succeed.
This is an example of a screenshot taken off ki mail, I can't blow it up with good resolution, but I could not resist using it
as a small pic on your index page, as well as the About page :)
Thank you both

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:46 pm 

I'll do my best maybe tonight :?: but looking more toward tomorrow for that pict.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

:wink: Hey Annabelle, no hurry at all, can be weeks. Thanks !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Very nice site TrapperDave ! Although you said it is only about pictures it gives us many useful information e.g. the KI #s of robots, list of some games etc.
BTW Kirk of Xeniphers and I created 2 Quest games:
1. Xeniphers Quest 1
2. Xeniphers Quest 2: Mystery of the Stolen Amulet
successfully played by many players.
If you wish you may add them to your list of games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Zesty Thank You very much! The list of games you see in the index are only ones that I have received via Ki mail.
I am not aware of Marker Games that I don't have. Please send me the two games you have mentioned to Ki # 05625016.
I welcome any new Marker Games to include on my site. I have a long list & it may take me awhile before I do something with them. Since I try to show each game with photos, I have a problem with what to do with Mystery or Puzzle type games.
For Example: I did Alien's " Hidden Markers", if I showed photos of them it would spoil the game for others. So, I did not put a gallery up for many quests of this type, another example: elva & Zftm made "Super Sleuth" series, I have photos of both but did not put up a gallery since it would ruin the fun for others to solve the quest. I am at a loss as to what to show for Puzzle Quests :?: The list in the index are games that I intended to hyperlink to a Photo Gallery page, if they are not active hyperlinks it means I have not completed and/or not shown the game because of the reasons above. The list was not intended to be a repository of all games, but rather a index to Photo Gallery's on my web site. I wish a site existed that had a list of all Marker Games ever made to date :!: I will be glad to include your games and any others but I need to be made aware of them.
Thanks again, TrapperDave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:01 am 
Obduction Backer

New content on http://WWW.URUPICS.COM
Small photo gallery of the 2nd Soccer Game added.
Skydiving Help added.
Kirel Book Readings added.
Experiment on the new Build added .... shhhhhhh
Jahmen Quest Series added & working on more ... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow!!! It gets better and better ... :)

What a mighty invaluable treasure chest of Uru beauty, information and fun awesomeness ...
I suppose you've arranged regular backups to be conducted or better yet have all those files
safe on a special partition or an external hard drive ... Awesome job, TrapperDave ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks janaba1 :!:
Just added Jahmens' information that he sent me to the Jahmen quest page.
Started a new Gallery of " Explorers' Every~where". Idea is to get a full avatar photo of every explorer with thier Ki # in the caption. Take a photo in your favorite Age or place along with a good emote ( wave or dance ?)
Close up shot head to toe.
This will take some time to accomplish :lol: You may catch TrapperDave in the cavern anytime to have your photo taken by him, if that is easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

This website says that "Bullet Physics" are being tested on Minkata. This is incorrect. An major restructuring of the PhysX implementation is being tested, however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:19 am 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
Quote:
This website says that "Bullet Physics" are being tested on Minkata.

O.K., Thanks, I was under the impression that it was Bullet, Lyrositor indicated that was the next coming thing in another thread. When is Bullet being implemented ?
I will correct my statement on the Website ... Thanks :)
I'm confused all the time :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Bullet is a far-off dream... but it's what we are aiming for, in order to get cross-platform building.
What these changes consist of is just a rewrite of the PhysX code, even though it is a pretty substantial rewrite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Maybe a new name is in order

Lyrositor wrote:
Bullet is a far-off dream... but it's what we are aiming for, in order to get cross-platform building.
What these changes consist of is just a rewrite of the PhysX code, even though it is a pretty substantial rewrite

I propose PhlubX...just a joke guys..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:55 am 

Robert Adams of Intel is working on the BulletSim physics engine plugin for OpenSim. I understand his work is open source. Also, http://bulletphysics.org is showing fairly regular updates to Bullet.

I am hoping to change over my OpenSim install to Bullet this year.

Unfortunately I doubt any of the advances else where help Uru.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:01 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

A few errors that I spotted in the links listed on the urupics.com home page :wink: :
  • "Revelation" actually links to Cyan's iOS Riven page
  • "CAVCON Meter" actually links to Cyan's iOS Riven page
  • "Myst Worlds - Cyan official" is described as "Cyan official" but it seems like the mystworlds.com domain name is actually owned by a Chinese cyber-squatter.
  • "OpenUru.org" is described as "Minkata Shard" but the shard is just one part of OU so I don't know if it's OU (in general) or the shard that's intended here. But the link points to the CWE wiki page which wouldn't be the best choice in either case.
  • "Myst Obsession" was more usually called "Uru Obsession" despite the domain name. It's pretty much gone and is just a holding page now.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks Mac_Fife :!: I like feedback like this, I will check into the errors.
A lot of the links were grabbed from other sites with there hyperlinks attached.
In my haste for time I did not check them out, so the errors carried over from the other
sites. But I also make many mistakes :!: time is my enemy & also lots typo errors to fix
in the captions. I will strive to do better :!:
Thank you very much for pointing this out :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next