It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:57 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi all,
I started to play the demo, but to move I had to use arrow keys. My mouse does not allow me to move, It will move camera, but left and right clickers do nothing. So I can't make elevator move. Has anyone elser have that problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

No - Mouse works fine - Might be either that you need to update your graphics driver or the OS you're running. I've got W8, but I'm fairly sure W7 would work - though maybe not as I have an old game called Gazillionaire and it worked on W7 except for being able to do one minor thing which made the game unplayable, However, it works perfectly on W8. But that's an old game., and I'd assume either Windows7 or 8 should work. Maybe graphics driver update or someone else will have a better suggestion. Have you tried playing as an administrator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:41 pm 

I can not walk with the Mouse either :(. I don't see what video drivers have to do with the game controllers, although updating drives could make the game run smoother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Boy's you did fantastic work!
Its absolutely great, thx for this.

I think you made a good decision to build this in Unity and leave Plasma for what it is.
The finished product will definitely surpass the original version with milestones.

Kudos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:22 pm 

Anyone know how to get out of the elevator once it gets to the top? If I can't get out, there'll be a skeleton in the lift in a few weeks to add to the ambience... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

poutrew wrote:
Anyone know how to get out of the elevator once it gets to the top? If I can't get out, there'll be a skeleton in the lift in a few weeks to add to the ambience... :P

Heh. Yeah, it would certainly be nice to be able to walk around in there, even step out onto the balcony and enjoy the view. But it looks like [spoiler]somebody escaped and disabled the cage lock[/spoiler]
So I'm afraid you're stuck there until they release the final version.

[spoiler]Or you could pull the handle again...[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:19 am 
Obduction Backer

What's wrong with using the arrow keys/WASD? I like it a lot better than just mouse-driven.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:26 am 

Oh I did not even use the scope, just hit the button till it opened(which is acctualy what I do when playing through Riven)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:11 am 

Hey guys, sorry about any problems you might be encountering with mouse buttons not working. We haven't encountered anything like that ourselves. Just to be clear, the game is intended (currently) to work with WASD keys for navigation, and the mouse to look around and activate interactive objects. This will be configurable in the final release, but for this demo, that's what we picked.

That said, you can actually configure the game to be entirely mouse-driven, right now. When the demo launches, before you press 'Play', switch to the Input tab (near the top of the Configuration window). Select the 'Vertical' axis, and change the positive value (or 'up') to be the Left click button, and the negative to be the Right click. Voilà, mouse driving! We can't guarantee this will work 100%, but it's something.

If you are encountering a problem that is preventing you from enjoying the demo (like not being able to activate the elevator), write us an email at [email protected], and let us know what's up! We'll try to help out as much as we can.

Glad to see everyone enjoying the demo so far! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi All,
Does the elemator move. I don't see anything that I can click on to make it move. I see some buttons but they look like they are disconneted. I tried clicking on all of them, but nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

gnorke wrote:
I don't see anything that I can click on to make it move.

[spoiler]Look up and pull the handle[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:34 pm 

veralun wrote:
gnorke wrote:
I don't see anything that I can click on to make it move.

[spoiler]Look up and pull the handle[/spoiler]

Regarding that, I didn't see it at all during the nighttime lighting, and even with full daylight it was easy to miss. (Turning up the brightness of my monitor might be necessary, too.)

My housemate wandered past as I was running the demo, and he said. "Wow... oh wow! And did I mention, 'wow'..." -- and this was me running at the fastest, lowest graphics setting.

I'll thank them on their blog, but let me say here that I heartily appreciate the 16:10 (1.6 ratio) screen resolution offered. I have a wide monitor which often gets left out of many default selections. Also, i really like using the combination of keyboard and mouse. It's what I've grown used to with the Kairo game. I don't like WASD specifically, so i slide my keyboard to the side and use the arrow keys.

Now, how much else is there to explore? Not that I need a walkthru, but have I done it all, already?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

catherwood wrote:
Now, how much else is there to explore? Not that I need a walkthru, but have I done it all, already?

[spoiler]Did you open the dome yet?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Did you enjoy the amazing day- and nighttime transitions yet?
You can even adjust their speed[/spoiler]
... :D

Edit: [spoiler]You can also adjust wind speed and cloudiness... :) [/spoiler]

Last edited by janaba1 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

I played with it a little while yesterday, and I am certainly impressed! I'm just kinda sorry that SOMEONE is already gone. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:17 am 
Obduction Backer

I can't locate the readme file. Where is it?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next