It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:55 am 
Obduction Backer

I think that having new Uru Forums can be a good thing IF they are forums for something very specific, like a forum for a specific shard or a specific bot (like the forum that was being talked about in this case). Also, it helps if it doesn't have like 20 sub-forums... But there certainly doesn't need to be more general discussion type forums for Uru.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:07 am 

Muttley wrote:
Registered as Muttley. If you could change that to AlanD I'd be grateful.

Done !!!

Quote:
Does MagicBot ever go to the pod ages?

Not yet but soon :)

@Ehren :

Yes Ehren, you are right. This new forum is made to explain all the commands that the bots understand and to post the discoveries of the players and their comments, pictures of mixology, tips to help others in magicgames for exemple.
I remember the link : http://magicworlds.actifforum.com

Quote:
General Error
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:16 pm 

Bumblebee wrote:
Post scriptum :
Can someone tell me why I always get this error message when I send a reply?

Quote:
General Error
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

It's a know bug in the system. Happens all the time. Ignore it as we all have learned to do. :wink:
Just go back to the original thread to verify that you're reply has been posted. :D

veralun wrote:
Yes this is a known issue.
It happened a couple :roll: of times before. A message is left to Cyan, so they can have a look at.
If you see such a message please do not push again the "submit" button.
It will duplicate your post.
Just copy and paste your message, refresh the page to see if your post showed up.
If not then just reply again with the pasted message.

Mac_Fife wrote:
You can also get this error when sending PMs, as this also triggers email notification.
Basically, if you get as far as receiving this emailer.php error message, then your post/message has already gone into the database.

Thanks again for all you're hard work and providing your bots for all of us to play with. 8)
[spoiler]Looking forward to someday being able to "magic" in Eders Gira and Kemo. I really want to check out that village way over on the other side of the lower water fall. [/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:39 pm 

Thank you for the information Zaphod.
I thought the problem was because I used a hotmail email address because I don't receive notify when a reply is posted.
This is annoying because I have to look at the forum regularly, if there is a response to my post.

Eder Gira and Kemo soon become also magical. Magicbot and MimiBot will give the opportunity to visit all ages in a magical way.
Be patient. :P

Again, thank you for your expressions of sympathy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:07 pm 

Bumblebee,
Be sure and check to see if any forum responses have ended up in any kind of "spam folder" that your email client may have. I don't know about Hotmail, but Gmail can, at times, be a "wee bit over enthusiastic" :twisted: about occasionally putting some of my incoming mail in it's spam folder.

You can also check your Profile and down in the Preferences look to see if you have "Always notify me of replies" checked.

Also, on an individual page, check to see if you are "watching" any posting of yours or replies to your posts.
When reading individual posts, look at the top or bottom, right hand side of the page and you can select to either "watch this thread" or "stop watching this thread" as you so choose. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:32 am 

Zaphod22 wrote:
[spoiler]Looking forward to someday being able to "magic" in Eders Gira and Kemo. I really want to check out that village way over on the other side of the lower water fall. [/spoiler]

The issue with this "village" is that it isn't real. It's a 2D background screen that keeps repeating itself and circling around approximately half of Gira.

When you climb on collisions like skydivers do, you see this scenery everywhere behind the dark cave under the waterfalls. Even if you get to that screen you won't be satisfied. You will only go thru. It's as wide as a paper sheet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:48 am 

Yes...as Jamie said...would it not simply solve the problem if that ability of the bot were just removed???

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:25 am 
Obduction Backer

I don't think so. Part of the attraction of the bot is the flymode capability to go anywhere. But with great power - - - you have to accept that what you're seeing isn't canon any more. It's the scaffolding holding up the illusion. It's really great to be able to use the gui to do that, but treat what you find as stage sets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:24 am 

Here sphere 1 Ahnonay from the outside, as you can see with Magicbot. This shows you what Annabelle wanted to tell you. All around it is a decoration that gives the illusion 2d, when you're inside, world without end. Pretty, is it not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:54 pm 

Annabelle wrote:
The issue with this "village" is that it isn't real. It's a 2D background screen that keeps repeating itself and circling around approximately half of Gira.

Annabelle,
As soon as I read your reply, I had a feeling that we've "seen" this sort of thing somewhere before. I was immediatly thinking of another place where this is the case and then I saw Bumblebee's posting of the image I had been seeing in my own mind. :shock: Thats one heck of a coincidence.
However, I still want to be able to see this for myself whenever the opportunity presents itself. It's fun to do and if it's not fun, what are we still doing here in MOULa in the first place.

BumbleBee,
As some of us do not have the skills, yet, or the technology to go where, for example, the skydivers have gone before us, the Bots are a good thing for explorers to use, should they so choose to do so. I am all in favor for enjoying them, providing they are used as intended by the provider.

Using the functions provided by all of the Bots, I have been able, over time, to answer a number of my own questions about a certain "thing or place." I love that "Aha" moment :shock: , that cool, new discovery or even the verification of something put forth by others who have gone before.
While I understand and respect the IC explorers viewpoint, but I believe there is more to MOULa than roll-playing and it's somewhat rigid structure that needs to be adhered to. It's just a case of "whatever floats your boat."
I really like the ability to "check things out" in a way that's not necessarily a "normal" part of MOULa. I know for a fact that the use of the Bots has really deepened my enjoyment and appreciation of all aspects of MOULa and it helps to keep things rolling when it might appear that things are at a standstill as far as "something new to do."
There is always "something" new to be discovered, discussed, shared, remembered, etc. It's just a question of one's own motivation and what they need or want from being able to explore MOULa. :D
I feel that the Bots add WAY more to the experience of MOULa than they do as a distraction for some. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:24 pm 

Zaphod22 wrote:
I feel that the Bots add WAY more to the experience of MOULa than they do as a distraction for some

Everyone finds his pleasure with the commands of the robots. Some want to have fun with them. Others want to see what lies behind what we see in the normal game. It is the same desire that we have with skydiving.
In our forum, we have a special section with photos posted by our members. Some are dirt extraordinary!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:02 am 

Resurrecting this topic to ask something else that has to do with bots. This is a big forum and we get to miss things, so please forgive my ignorance if it's been discussed already.

What about all these new age folders that are creating in our KI every time we link to a Fun House or Magic Age? To put it bluntly, I don't like them. It's not convenient either, you need to scroll for ages in order to clean the junk from the folders. I got 4 at least different instances for the City only, all the other Ages are just duplicates, for now at least. Plus the already existent folders, which makes 5 for City areas and 3 for each Age, or more. All in all, a bit tiresome.

Afaik, because I asked, it's the bot owner's choice to rename the Age. So, why aren't we warned about the modification to our KI?
Can something be done now about it? I guess it can't because otherwise it would've been done already for the Er'cana/Ercana/etc issue, right?

So I'll be as well bluntly told to stuff it, right?

Anyway, this or any other input is very much appreciated. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:28 am 
Obduction Backer

I have been playing in the FunHouse with Stone5 for quite some time now... Would like to say I will NEVER rename the ages like this.

And if you rename your ages i will never go there. Its already to hard to sort through my KI. I really don't need 3+ folders for every age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:14 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm the one who started doing this, which was fine as long as Lyrobot was the only bot doing it and there was only The Fun House and The Fun House - City. But people progressively requested more Ages to Link to, and I couldn't break the naming conventions since that would generate more folders with different names. I figured it would still be okay, since the only way to get to those Ages for normal explorers was through Lyrobot, so there should be no duplicates. But once other bots came along, they used their own naming conventions for the Ages, and this is why there are so many mixes right now.

If you want to get rid of them, I can go and manually delete them from your avatar. Otherwise, there's not much that can be done - the best might be to agree on a common nomenclature for all Fun House Ages, or to have everyone stop renaming Ages when Linking someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:49 pm 

This is probably for the best.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next