It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:52 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

I made this suggestion before. See how it goes over this time.

If you make an new avvie with a custom name. Ex. "FH Adventure". You can save out the GUIDs for his ages. Then if we go to his Relto. The age will be called. "FH Adventure's Relto" You don't have full control over the name but it will get you close and not add a KI entry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:54 pm 

Lyrositor wrote:
I'm the one who started doing this, which was fine as long as Lyrobot was the only bot doing it and there was only The Fun House and The Fun House - City.

To be fair, you actually weren't, there has been another Fun House City folder since that Cavcon party last year. But anyway, in the end it's the *amount* of folders that becomes annoying and not the fact that these folders exist for one way or another. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

I believe we have a copy of the Fun House's age guids... Somewhere. We should really be using those instead of filling the vault with "Magic Kadish"es and assorted needless stuff.

Mod note: Minor edit for general tone.

Last edited by AdamJohnso on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:58 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Since this thread was turning into a trollfest, I've removed a substantial number of ill-tempered posts to partially "reset" the discussion. The consequence is that some constructive posts became collateral damage by association - apologies for that.

Please all take a deep breath and try again without the sniping. I'll give this thread one more chance to live - If it goes bad again it'll be locked permanently.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Last edited by Mac_Fife on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Part of the problem is the scroll mechanism in the KI. Allowing the scroll wheel to move the list up and down would be a lot more friendly. If not, can the KI be set to only display the folders that have entries in them? Nearly all of mine are empty, but I've got pages of them to scroll through one at a time . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:48 pm 
Muttley wrote:
Part of the problem is the scroll mechanism in the KI. Allowing the scroll wheel to move the list up and down would be a lot more friendly. If not, can the KI be set to only display the folders that have entries in them? Nearly all of mine are empty, but I've got pages of them to scroll through one at a time . . .

Seconded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:00 pm 

Isn't this something to ask Cyan about? They have given no clear rules about changing the age names.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

**edit: This looked like it was pointed at someone it was not intended for... sorry

Last edited by Stone. on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:19 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Muttley wrote:

That's an interesting feature idea, and I agree with it too. I think quite a few things would have to be coded, but hopefully it's feasible.

This could also be used for a lot of other things, if it's implemented, such as scrolling through the left-hand player list once a username is clicked upon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:23 am 

I deleted the names of magic ages. I now use a single folder to store messages and all the documents in the KI:
Magic Worlds.
I hope this will end any controversy about it.:)

Unfortunately, it's impossible for me to delete the folders that are already created in the KI of the players. If someone has an idea about it, tell me. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:16 am 

Muttley wrote:
If not, can the KI be set to only display the folders that have entries in them?

This is a brilliant idea and exactly the solution we'd need, would allow everyone to play with the names and avoid the current mess.

But there's an actual problem with it: how would one store an item from the incoming to an empty (thus invisible) folder?
Say you're sent a marker game for Teledahn and you want it in that folder. You would need to go back there, take a KI shot to make the folder visible and then store the game, not exactly convenient enough for a permanent solution. Or remake the whole KI system and add a potential button display all or dunno what else people will think of, which is something that has been desired and discussed anyway for a long time from what I gather but too difficult to have it done anytime soon.

Mister Magic wrote:
I deleted the names of magic ages. I now use a single folder to store messages and all the documents in the KI:
Magic Worlds.
I hope this will end any controversy about it.:)

I fear a tiny bit of that controversy is still here, because now we have another folder added on that huge existing pile, but it's a nice idea, thanks :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:18 pm 

adi wrote:
I fear a tiny bit of that controversy is still here, because now we have another folder added on that huge existing pile, but it's a nice idea, thanks :)

Thank you Adi and, you will have a new folder only if you link to Magicbot or Mimibot, but not automatically. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

I can release an updated copy of WhoM that will allow you to remove folders from your KI. I think this is a good compromise between not wasting Cyan's time and not doing any manual vault edits. I will need some time to find all the code from my archives though. That stuff is really old at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:25 pm 

That would be great! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
I can release an updated copy of WhoM

Thank you Adam...take your time..nice idea

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next