It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:26 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:05 am 

Lyrositor wrote:
I hate DST changes; it's completely irrelevant in today's society, and more likely than not actually costs money instead of saving it. Not to mention that it cost me an hour of this 23 hour-long day.

Annabelle wrote:
Better be dead than using the fox browser :lol:

Any browser is better than that one!

What do you mean? Unless we're talking about a different fox, FireFox has always been one of my favorite browsers, and still is my second-favourite (after Google Chrome) for its openness, customization options, cross-platform nature and more (including some features I wish Google Chrome had).

I'm using 2 browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and Google Chrome.

1) Internet Explorer 9:

a) You just need to create a DNS blacklist and tell your ipconfig to flush them... you put every YT scrap in it

1. Open Start Menu
2. Type this command line: Notepad c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
3. Type these 3 lines following what you already have:

127.0.0.1 s0.2mdn.net
127.0.0.1 s1.2mdn.net
127.0.0.1 googleads.g.doubleclick.net

4. Save the file
5. Type on the same command prompt: Ipconfig /flushdns

b) You must activate Adblock plus for Internet Explorer 9

1. in Security tab of IE tools, select "Protection contre le tracking..." (I have all my stuff in french, it will be something similar in english anyway: Tracking Protection would be my bet)
2. Enlist yourself on 2 lists called: EasyList & EasyList <--- somehow named the same LOL

Hassle-free Internet surfing afterward :D

If you want to copy YT videos with a FLV converter you'll need to modify each video http address from https:// to http:// in your converter. All videos on YT are now free of annoying pubs and free of all the popping windows users "think" we like :roll:

All the websites I surf are ad-free. Even the links are completely deleted like in IMDb which has no more Amazon.ca links at all for me. I'm looking for movie info not doing my shopping LOL :wink:

----

If you ask me how I know these tricks...simply because I go on Internet and think I'm not the only one with a strange issue or an annoying issue. Usually, I type my issue and magically someone techy already found the workaround and they have happily shared their findings with the community 8)

----

2) Google Chrome:

I'm only using this one because I have to access from my local system a remote server which will then communicate with my local system. IE9 wrongly thinks someone is trying a malicious attack on my system :roll: (...yeah... I'm maliciously and locally trying to run a remote attack on my own system :lol: )

I run Chrome because it's rather small and consume low memory.

----

Firefox never deserved me well. I find it too slow and consume too much memory. It always asks me if I know what I'm doing and right after if I'm pretty sure I really know what I'm doing. Just like the Windows' UAC I despite controls like that. Do I look like a dumb one? I avoid them.

It also always ask me if I want to keep in memory my usernames & passwords ... Duh! No!!! I know them by heart...this is why I don't want to be bother everytime if I want them to be stored :roll: :roll: :roll: The answer will always be NO.

It also open a whole new window each time I'm triggering the button "new"... N-O... I don't want to have 20 windows opened!!!
Keep it simple like Chrome & IE9. I would like going hunting for foxes I think LOL

.... And back on the topic: I would rather flush down the drain the normal time... I'm happy from March 9th to November 1st approximately each year. I don't live in the morning. The later the sun is going to bed the happier I am :wink: DST on a 365 days basis I would vote for that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Lyrositor wrote:
I hate DST changes; it's completely irrelevant in today's society, and more likely than not actually costs money instead of saving it. Not to mention that it cost me an hour of this 23 hour-long day.

Annabelle wrote:
Better be dead than using the fox browser :lol:

Any browser is better than that one!

What do you mean? Unless we're talking about a different fox, FireFox has always been one of my favorite browsers, and still is my second-favourite (after Google Chrome) for its openness, customization options, cross-platform nature and more (including some features I wish Google Chrome had).

I use Seamonkey, which is basically Firefox with a built in mail client. Does everything that I want and is much more secure than other browsers with the proper addons. Oh, and I don't get any ads even on YT videos. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've been using Firefox since Firefox 0.8 and have been quite happy with it. Chrome tends to trick you with its memory usage because there's more than one chrome.exe running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeah! My FF is loaden with comfortable addons, and it is still lightweight and I am
surfing soo fast and with absolutely everything, every information at hand that I need
or like to know sometimes and all the beautiful stuff that is to admire on the internet
(I've disabled Java btw, but it seems not to be needed mostly, I'm glad) ... :P

Of course, I also surf add-free (though that's not the browser, that's the Adblock Plus lol),
popup-free etc., I can view and download YouTubies etc. and we have an integrated Pdf
viewer since recently (for a fast overview it is sufficient) and whatnot lol, but all without that
system assimilating IE monster ... Google Chrome didn't have all the addons available that
I'm used to deploy and enjoy and it didn't feel comfortable and familiar enough for me, and I
didn't like the many instances running Adam is mentioning ...
Yeah! I'm a happy FF surfer lol ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:12 pm 
We are IE. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 pm 

Bottom line, I think it's up to everyone's choice :lol:

I despite add-ons and controls and multipages, I go for IE. We can be really thankful to have options nowadays. I remember a decade ago, there were...Internet Explorer or Netscape that's it, that's all (maybe some very thinly browsers also)

Anyway that's the general trend... there was a time when everyone had to follow the same line of thought, do the same activities, do the same work in chain, read the same newspapers, listen to the same radio stations, wear the same nice little pea dots dresses in polyester :lol: (...ok maybe not men, but you had the moulding pants thought :wink: ), etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:05 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

How off-topic does an off-topic thread need to be before it gets locked?

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
:lol:

Logically, an off-topic thread should be off-topic and so it should get locked only when it's been on-topic for a while :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:53 pm 
But then it would be an on-topic thread, so it must be on-topic. Which it would be, so Mac never gets to use his thread-locking power.

Unless...

DST could be factored in to create a bypass by comparing times in multiple time-zones, and then, you could claim that the thread has been off-topic long enough to be locked, but not long enough to be declared on the new topic.

Or you could reverse polarity and lock all topics in anticipation of them going off topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:01 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

DLordofTime wrote:
Or you could reverse polarity and lock all topics in anticipation of them going off topic.
Sounds like a plan to me. 8)

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:12 pm 

DLordofTime wrote:

You just have to follow my trace on the forum and you will get any topic ... off-topic :wink:. I'm The Grower, I plant a seed of off-topicness and peeps keep nurishing it... what can I do about that? :lol:

With that said... I'm really glad Christian Walther & Adams Johnson took time "approximately 1 year ago" to fix the time gap issue. I stayed up very very early that night and watch the clock turned.

At first, I thought they didn't fix it because there was a time gap of 3 hours but then I thought a 2nd time: If in the Eastern Time Zone we shift from 1:59:59 AM to 3:00:00 AM then it should be the same in the Mountain Time Zone so 2 hours later at my own time. I watched the clock in URU and it worked very well going from 1:59 DST to 3:00 DDT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:

Is that a challenge?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:48 am 

Annabelle wrote:
I'm The Grower

I can name a couple more that thought the same and it didn't end well for them. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 pm 

adi wrote:
Annabelle wrote:
I'm The Grower

I can name a couple more that thought the same and it didn't end well for them. :P

Yeah... I know, if that's my faith :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2