It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:19 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Guild of Linguists
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:40 am 
It has long been an ambition of mine, from something when the DLF went silent, to create a brand new Guild of Linguists. The original has long since been abandoned, and was useful only in giving a kickstart into the language of D'ni. The DLF had everything I needed, apart from lots of people to talk to. There were maybe 5 people, but that is likely an overstatement. But, now that it is down anyway... It is high-time that something new took up the gauntlet.

Now, given that there is very little D'ni material left untranslated (there still is some), a Guild of Linguists would have to look further afield than just D'ni. For example, what about the Narani/Serani languages? They're just as unique and beautiful as D'ni, and just as worth effort in deciphering. And then there could be general linguistics. And maybe a non-Myst creative sections for your own languages, if people want.

But there is no need for a Guild if no-one will even visit it. I am aware that there are some among us who have various levels of familiarity with the language, ranging from total beginners, to avid students. But, my main question to you all is thus: What level of interest is there in having a new Guild to add to the list of official, canon, and frankly quite amusing Guilds? Post below with your thoughts on the matter.

As an aside, if this goes ahead, it will require someone to work on a website. I would do it, were I not so hopeless at such things...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:10 am 

At the very least, it might inspire someone to fix all the dead links in the D'ni Dictionary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:52 am 
Yup.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]