It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: >.o
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:58 pm 

Keir wrote:
XISLOST

2 S's, won't work - Knowing Kajja, I like the thought though! :wink:
On that same trajectory, it could be...
XBELOST :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:40 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Mod note: Moved to Off-Topic (didn't really fit the Creativity description of "For showing off and discussing your fan-created art")

Haven't we lost the point here? I thought face in puddle man's idea was to see if the doors could generate a word by chance. It's all too easy to sit and dream up 7-letter sequences that are vaguely MOUL related, but nobody seems to be picking up on how/if face's idea could be made to work.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 pm 
The problem lies in decided which letters to use. If you picked, for example, BCDFGHJ, then it'll never make a word. But, if you chose ADEILNT, then it has a chance of producing ATDELIN. Not a very high chance, but that's just the way it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:13 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I suppose you could even accept a 6-letter word like DETAIL or TAILED and discard the N provided it comes at one or other end. More points for longer words. Or give the letters points like Scrabble tiles and a bonus of 50 for using all seven letters :D

There's maybe another challenge to come up with a set of letters that gives the best chance of a word.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Last edited by Mac_Fife on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
Or give the letters points like Scrabble tiles and a bonus of 50 for using all seven letters

Who ever plays Scrabble anymore...lol..Now it's 'Words With Friends' on your phone...whereas the fact that you used all your tiles only gives you 35 points,,,ROFL

At least peeps are still keeping the brain active...

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:58 am 

i have been trying this on my own,using letters i thought would be the best alas,i havnt come across any word from that is formed by the code :cry: the other thing is time,i would have to tag a number to each letter,read the code then convert the number code to letters,type letters on the screen,to do this i have to write all this down,im not that hot on the keyboard so now im wondering if all this is worth it,not giving up just yet,soon i will find a better way and a better set of letters to use....sorry if all this sounds all a bit haphazard,ive only just woken up :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:39 am 

It doesn't have to be numbers, or letters, you can assign any 7 parameters to the symbols on the door as long as all the participants in the door run understand who is what parameter.

I'd like to see it done using colours (Red Yellow Orange Blue Green Purple Magenta)

The reason numbers have been used for so long is simply because it is the most efficient way. It is easier to assign each symbol a number and then type that number in during the 60 seconds you have to get the door open. It could be done with letters, but you'd have to think longer to to do it, and anything else just takes forever to type in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:44 pm 

Numbers are used because it's the fastest way to solve it by. But back to the idea of letters.

I suggested "Pod Ages" to face. That gives some dozen "new" words. Try it out Yourself here>>

The trick is to find a word with most possible combinations. Too bad MYSTlore is still out, that
would be a good source for this.

Suggestions: Sparkli[e ommited], Bahroes [add a vovel for good measures], Journey, E Tsogal

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2