It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Atlantis shard
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

yes it will be back on line after the 8 and the doors have been opened

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:40 pm 

Thanks so much.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:02 pm 

Quick question... how comes that the cleft is already solved at the beginning? On my fresh avatar the windmill was running, the bridge was broken, the second door opened, the bucket lowered. Even the door at the end was opened already. The only things missing were the journey cloth which Yeesha places during her speech, the door with a cloth on it was raised, and I still had to touch the cloths myself, although it technically wasn't necessary, because the ending door was already open.
Is this normal? Is the cleft public here?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:34 am 
Obduction Backer

It was a common practice back in UU to "open" the cleft like this so that people could get into the game quickly. Remember that the cleft was the starting point in UU and there were a good 20 shards. Solving it to event get to the Neighborhood was pretty annoying. I suspect that Merc, as an old UU shard admin, probably just followed that old habit :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:20 am 

That makes sense. Coming to think of it, would it be possible for shard admins to make the Cleft public? Or at least as an option once you are done with the Yeesha journey?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:58 pm 

dgelessus wrote:
That makes sense.

That's funny :lol: I never play the Cleft since ages... I think the last time I solved that age is back in 2010. From that time until today, I always use my skydiving shortcut to avoid having to solve it. I surely just did that in Atlantis with even noticing the journey door was open. I don't go near it on my "path".

dgelessus wrote:
Coming to think of it, would it be possible for shard admins to make the Cleft public? Or at least as an option once you are done with the Yeesha journey?

And broke everything? No thanks :lol:

And I'm not talking about what Yeesha said. Game-wise this age is really I mean really meant to be visit alone.

2 examples:

What if there is someone in rainy cleft (single player instance)? No one can go in sunny cleft. The sunny cleft cannot overlap on rainy cleft and "they are" one single age for the game.

What if every peeps are in the sunny cleft and one "wise" guy decides to visit the room with the holographer? Good Luck to keep good vibes in the age :lol: There will be some folks cursing the "wise" guy let me tell you :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:07 pm 

Annabelle wrote:
That's funny :lol: I never play the Cleft since ages... I think the last time I solved that age is back in 2010. From that time until today, I always use my skydiving shortcut to avoid having to solve it. I surely just did that in Atlantis with even noticing the journey door was open. I don't go near it on my "path".

Now I'm curious... :) what do you go near then? I'de expect you to at least see the door, even if you clip your way down there...

Annabelle wrote:
What if every peeps are in the sunny cleft and one "wise" guy decides to visit the room with the holographer? Good Luck to keep good vibes in the age :lol: There will be some folks cursing the "wise" guy let me tell you :wink:

I don't quite understand... do you mean playing Yeesha's recording?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

There is a bug with using the Yeesha machine in multiplayer. Best case scenario, you have lots of random Yeesha heads sticking out of the floor. Worse case scenario, your client goes kablooey.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:05 pm 

AdamJohnso wrote:
Best case scenario, you have lots of random Yeesha heads sticking out of the floor.

Best quote ever. *saves for later out of context use*

That said and slightly(?) more on topic, why the heck does it bug out so much anyways? 0_o;

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:44 pm 

dgelessus wrote:
Annabelle wrote:

Now I'm curious... :) what do you go near then? I'de expect you to at least see the door, even if you clip your way down there...

It comes from an old wisdom :lol:

1) You jump over the tiny wooden fence in the Cleft avoiding the ladder (I hate so much climbing down a ladder, you have no idea...)
2) Once on the good side of thing, you jump on the other side or just simply aim the good spot to land on the wooden plank bridge leading to the storage
3) You enter in the storage, you do your "nasty" stuff in there (censored for normal explorers),...you land near the bottom of the ladder inside the blue glowing bahroglyphs tunnel, and you grab your Relto page

If, like me, you play in 3rd pers view, I can assure you, you won't see that journey door. You can look straight at the door if you want except it's not something you must do in order to accomplish this action :wink: .

dgelessus wrote:
Annabelle wrote:

I mean the "everybody do the moonwalk" bug: it's hilarious when you are the guilty one :lol:

We experienced that during an event held on Gehn Shard
We experienced that during a magical mixology event held on MOULa Shard (for this particular event...someone I know was the guilty one :mrgreen: )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Calumon wrote:
AdamJohnso wrote:
Best case scenario, you have lots of random Yeesha heads sticking out of the floor.

Best quote ever. *saves for later out of context use*

That said and slightly(?) more on topic, why the heck does it bug out so much anyways? 0_o;

Simply put, the cleft is not designed to contain more than one person in it. Still, it's fun getting a bunch of people into one cleft. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:44 am 

Annabelle wrote:
dgelessus wrote:
Annabelle wrote:

I mean the "everybody do the moonwalk" bug: it's hilarious when you are the guilty one :lol:

We experienced that during an event held on Gehn Shard
We experienced that during a magical mixology event held on MOULa Shard (for this particular event...someone I know was the guilty one :mrgreen: )

Sounds...interesting. Gotta try that out in Magic Cleft :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Atlantis server is back up and running again

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:30 am 
Obduction Backer

all Atlantis info will be found here when i get the servers back up they all are down but IRC at this time.
there is a server status that can be found there you can not register at this time.

http://forum.atlantis.servegame.org

RL and work has had me tied up and i have not had much time to work on much of any thing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:44 am 

I look forward to the any changes you can offer.

I forgot to return to the thread.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next