It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:57 am 

BTW...

for the french community folks... we will shortly be releasing a brand new build of plclient (1.918) so you can enjoy it chatting in french.

The main issue with an internal client is that it's built for debugging. Debugging means log windows, log means the letter L... Anyone who speaks french on a daily basis knows why the letter L is a big issue with logs. 75% of our sentences begins with that letter. Anyone who uses plclient and knows how it works can imagine what we must go through.

I'll give you the link when it will be ready. Mainly aimed for french community though. I don't think in english the letter L is that much of an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:37 am 
Obduction Backer

... Or you could set a key to begin chatting in the game options (like I do). The internal client is really not for normal gameplay and is designed for people who know what they're doing (or want to learn more).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:24 am 
Obduction Backer

off-topic within off-topic (so it'll probably end up in the trash can) but have you changed your sig, Adam, or have I not been paying attention lately? There seem to be lots of different versions, so have you got some sort of random selection?

I used to like the original Tre'bivdil one but the "new" one and the stained glass one are both nice. The one which shows the Arch of Kerath through a window is a bit too dark for my taste - I can't see most of the detail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:11 am 
Obduction Backer

Hehe, another off-topic post in answering your off-topic question, Acorn ... It seems this might be a flexible, random one now as one can see the online status of Gehn ... Cool, Adam, and I do not wonder to see this as your own, means it makes me not wonder or I even expect it somehow, when someone is quite a genius and makes the best of it all and integrates it in every area of ones life ... :D

Ohh, now I see it myself, with posting/submitting the post, means loading the page anew the sig changed to 'Vothol Gallery, very beautiful ... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:00 pm 

AdamJohnso wrote:
... Or you could set a key to begin chatting in the game options (like I do). The internal client is really not for normal gameplay and is designed for people who know what they're doing (or want to learn more).

Normal gameplay for me stopped on May 29th, 2012...since then I have no choice, I'm definitely not the only one particularly in the french community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'll post on the Gehn forum about the signature images later today when I finish sanity checking the code. We can also discuss modifications to the image styles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:56 pm 

After going thru the updates, I come to a place where the screen looks like it is done updating and still has the URU marker mid screen with the text at the lower left reading;

Loading Global.......Msg 10853

it essentially froze there

after retrying it changed to

Loading Global.......Msg 10960, also freezes

FWIW my recent install ER 1.918 just loaded fine.

Ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Can you post your log folder somewhere for me to look at? On Windows Vista/7/8, you can find it by typing %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uru Live into the Windows Explorer address bar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
I'll post on the Gehn forum about the signature images later today when I finish sanity checking the code. We can also discuss modifications to the image styles.

Cool, it works! Thanks, Adam!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:11 pm 

Adam, is there a particular file in my log folder you would want to look at? I have browsed thru all the files created or modified during the time frame when the errors occurred. All but one of them are just txt, and none show any hint of distress.

In a hazy part of my mind, I remember uploading a good majority of the folders in my regular URU live folder to the newer folder for the last CWE/plclient build. I did no such thing for this new version, uploading and processing only the zips shown in the 1st post ITT.

I will try a simple thing and copy my normal uru folder to a new folder, then copy all the failed folder files and folders over that new folder, and adjust the target line in the shortcut appropriately.

Results in an hour or so....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

If your experiment doesn't work, plasmadbg.0.log, OLD_ASYNC_LOG.0.log, and Python.0.log are the most relevant. Though I think copying the "dat" folder from a 918 MOULa install will fix the problem, now that you've mentioned it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:38 pm 

Fail. Will try other stuff before freaking out.

Post subject: Re: CWE Builds
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, I've installed the new client. It works OK, however, the previous marker editing commands /list, /download, etc do not work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

The H'uru CWE builds have never had marker editing commands... :|

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

To gain access to the Marker Editor commands, please download the Marker Editor scripts. These are not provided with the H'uru CWE Builds.