It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:10 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:24 am 
Obduction Backer

I've been looking for a picture from back in the Gametap MOUL days, one which happens to be unlikely I'll ever find again...

Back on the GameTap MOUL website there used to be a "Coming Soon" page that would feature two small photos from upcoming areas to be released. (In the same sort of format the MOUL site even uses today with two photos at the left side of the different pages) Like there were pictures of the Hood gardens before they were officially released, pictures from inside the pods, the Great Zero, Minkata, Phil's Relto, Guild Pub, Ahnonay, K'veer... all pictures used as teasers.

- The two pictures currently featured on the home page were used as the teaser pics for Phil's Relto and Cartographers' Pub (still even has the surveyor symbols mistake in this picture) .
- The two pictures you see when you click the "About" tab where the teaser pics that were used for Ahnonay/K'veer

Getting to the point:

Back before we had the age of Minkata, I distinctly remember that there was one Minkata promotional pic that showed an avatar in one of the Minkata caves. In this pic there was a strange device in that cave rather than a cracked bahro slab thing we got in the final released Minkata.

Does anyone else remember this photo? If you do remember, please say so here! If you actually can get/have a copy of the picture somehow and can upload it somewhere, then I will have to worship you!

I tried so hard using old web archiving sites to find a copy of that photo on the old Myst Online site from around 2007. But sadly, nothing seems to have remembered that particular photo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:21 am 
Obduction Backer

Please look into Kaelis Chiso gallery under Minkata, I believe that must be the one you're looking for ... this gallery contains in general almost all available pictures, concept drawings and sketches etc. old an new ... this could be an always first-stop when looking for sth like this, it is for me ... Enjoy ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:52 am 
The only possible match in there is MinkataDevice.jpg. Judging by the name, and the pic itself, it's probably what you're after.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:24 pm 

The image your were looking for used to be in one of Reverend Vader's post but it seems his Photobucket account has been terminated and the image does not show anymore.

From this post...
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 139#169139

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

It is the one in Kaelis' gallery I've posted above ... grab it while you can as it seems to have been removed everywhere and you won't find it anywhere anymore ... :D

Besides that, great forums link, Arctic_Wagon, and I suppose Tweek is right about that version being Minkata in a provisional, earlier state ... Ahh, cool, now Veralun has posted it directly here, how comfortable ... MOUL forum's best Mod service ... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hmm, could've sworn it had been on the Coming Soon page. And that the device had looked slightly different. But it's been so long I guessed I remembered wrong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:35 pm 

I beleive that the original plan was to create Minkata day/night stones showing how many holes were completed (blue lights) but ,maybe, a second way of keeping tracks of all players progress was a too big task at the time. (server space saving)

The fith light seems to be hidden behind the "U" of Uru.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]