It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Woo, welcome back...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:45 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

johnsojc wrote:
...and I think the point you were trying to get to is coded

Code:
<a name="top"></a>

Close ;):
Code:
<a name="#wrapcentre"></a>

Inevitably, with such a significant change to the forums software (and the old forums were heavily modified to add features that simply didn't exist in the "stock" phpBB2) there are a few things that aren't going to work right or look right straight off - it's difficult to find all the "corner cases" that need attention.

But if you point them out, they'll get looked at but maybe not right away. The priority for Cyan was to get the forums back online for you guys as quickly as possible, even if it meant a few rough edges were still showing.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:04 pm 

Mac_Fife wrote:
...there are a few things that aren't going to work right or look right straight off

Well, I did say "one little thing". :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

That went fast!!! Congrats and welcome back everyone!!! ... :P

Everything looks very nice so far, more decent even, more pleasing to the eye ... I love to see the online/offline status and that the profile is only visible for those logged in, and I love that I can add smilies afterwards again without having to cut out and paste them in again where they're intended to be ... :mrgreen:

What else ... yes, the 'Top' link doesn't work by now as johnsojc mentioned ... The quotes are more distinct now, yeah and all the advantages coming along with the new phpBB3 forums version ...

test test

The spoiler looks a bit weird or funny lol, it needs getting used to in case you'll leave it like that, but it is great to see if someone else has posted while one is posting, like Mac in this case ... :)

I wonder what happens if you put pictures into spoilers ... Wait, will do that now ...
This doesn't really work as it should, click that black bar to see the picture ... ok, one more and differently, this time with the 2nd spoiler tag ...
[Reveal] Spoiler: Another test :)

Better, but also requires getting used to lol ... Ok, that's it for now ... It is great that everything's back and went fine and fast so far ... Now let's have some fun with further refinements and adjustments etc.... :D

Edit: The links for 'active topics' and 'new posts' isn't working yet, but 'view unanswered and unread posts' seems to work ... And I'm just checking my feed reader 'NewsFox' and it works ... There are two feeds btw. 'Myst Online Uru Live Forums' feed and a 'New Topics' feed ... both got different feeds before and right now I was just getting the MOUL Forums feed, maybe because there's no new topic atm ... :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hello, all!

Yes, we wanted to get the forums up ASAP, so there are going to be some funky-looking aesthetics or other things that may appear/be broken, and we are working hard to get them fixed. We are keeping a close eye on the forums for any issues you all may find. The forums should be fully functional otherwise, and we are excited about finally upgrading to the new forum software.

Please be patient with us as we fix minor issues; we are focusing on making some modifications and other more important features work. You will notice that spoiler tags are not fully functional yet -- this is known. The "top" link was a very quick fix and now my attention is on other features. :)

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:09 pm 

Something new that I noticed is a random black dot on certain topics (Kadish Gallery pillars, just a bit of fun in spoiler-free and this topic). Does anyone know what it means?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:13 pm 

It's not random :) - That's a "dotted topic".

What that means is that it's a topic that you've posted into. So the dots will show on different topics for different people.

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:40 pm 

Well done Cyan and whoever helped!

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Me donates....just wondering....did this switcheroo affect the Cavcon? or was this separate from that? call me blonde...

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:49 pm 

Charura wrote:
....did this switcheroo affect the Cavcon?
No, the forums (and there's more getting moved around than just these forums) aren't really part of MOULa (they were around long before MOULa opened) so have never been funded from the donation fund - that's purely for running the servers and directly attributable support costs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:22 pm 

I can tell the forum is back to normal...even my first "new" post got deleted :lol:

I was passing by and I saw only blue & green texters around. I tested the forum posting and the forum editing...what for? for nothing they got rid of my post :roll: maybe they tested the forum deleting who knows :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:28 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Would Cyan like to install a video tag that plays YouTube videos in a post?

Example:
http://forums.openuru.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=624 (Rand Miller's Interview With Mysterium 2011)

We can supply the html for the BBCode.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:09 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Alien wrote:
I made the Sleepers forum question very easy to answer for a new player, someone who isn't familiar with all the lore of Uru, a question they'd almost certainly know the answer to if they have downloaded MOULa and started playing it.

But the Sleepers forum still requires your account to be activated, so if someone did register, I still have to activate their account, much like this forum's Explorer's Group (I could do that, but haven't).

I might try this. I might even try your same question as an experiment. I want users to be able to register themselves immediately without an admin in the way, so that's how OU is set up. But I might try the admin activation at first if only to see feedback of what's happening.

I suspect OU gets more attention from spambots than Sleepers and the well-known answer will quickly make its way into their database, but it's worth a try.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:25 am 

I have to say from what I've seen so-far it looks very nice. The interface is cleaner, the software seams to run a bit "better" and there are some new features. I think the email issue has been fixed too.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:21 am 

Annabelle wrote:
I can tell the forum is back to normal...even my first "new" post got deleted :lol:

I was passing by and I saw only blue & green texters around. I tested the forum posting and the forum editing...what for? for nothing they got rid of my post :roll: maybe they tested the forum deleting who knows :lol:

I've been told the forum wasn't opened at that time. I have a hidden status when online so I must have sneaked in without being noticed :lol:

Ahh anyway I wasn't complaining I just found that funny that my post got deleted

First, it was:
"Test :lol: "

then after editing it it was
"Test :D
Ok it is working"

Nothing much important :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next