It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:20 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:01 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah,

When I visit the new Cyan forums, one of my processor cores jumps to 100%. :shock:

I only have that issue on Firefox 23, so it may be specific to that browser, but I wonder if anyone else experiences the same issue.

Erik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:32 am 

I always use Firefox (okay, Aurora specifically, which is the alpha version) and didn't have any problems yesterday. At least my fans didn't turn on.
Oh, and if this is persistent, you may wanna post that over there as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Hi, Erik, I also have FF 23 and have just monitored this with two progs, but I didn't experience any extraordinary core jumps when loading the new forums or roaming there for a while ... I've also tried to have YouTube videos running and some other websites when loading the new forums, but nothing changed considerably because of it so far ... :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:17 pm 

My FF 23.0 doesn't load up any cores.

You can get the free "System Explorer" (assuming Windows) to more easily see what is happening in your computer. It has several ways to sort the active tasks and list by CPU use.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:48 pm 

Nalates wrote:
You can get the free "System Explorer" (assuming Windows) to more easily see what is happening in your computer. It has several ways to sort the active tasks and list by CPU use.

While we're at it, system specs would be interesting.
I've tested the site on Win7 SP1 64x with Firefox Aurora, and on an iPad mini with Safari - no problems with any of the two.
Sometimes I do have some strange lag on the Uru Live forums when on the iPad. Sometimes. Dunno if that may be related...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks. ;)

Nalates wrote:
My FF 23.0 doesn't load up any cores.

Yes, I know. I just used the Task Manager to find out that Firefox was using 100% of a core. ;)

I've just tested Firefox in Safe Mode and no problems there. By disabling my plug-ins one by one, I found the culprit: the Ghostery add-on, which has some functionalities for blocking cookies from advertisments and statistics. I guess I'll disable it for now.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]