It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:41 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:30 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Have you heard about what Paramount has done with the Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray to be released on September 10? Corporate behavior at its finest.

See this blog from Bill Hunt of DigitalBits.com:
http://www.digitalbits.com/columns/my-t ... 82813_1415

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:40 am 

Server not found

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:51 am 
Creative Kingdoms

When the article went live, the server was pounded into submission because of the traffic it caused. They are moving to a new server over the weekend that can handle those kinds of loads.

In the meantime, you can use this cached copy:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... 82813_1415

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Saw it when released...and decided one copy is enough. Now kinda considering cancelling my order for that one and just thumbing my nose at Paramount. Wait until it's on a premium channel then DVR it for free.

Express yerself with yer wallet, people!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:01 pm 

So if I want all the feasters I need to buy all the different versions of the movie, well that sucks. Luckily I'm not too interested in seeing that movie. Maybe if it pops up at my local libary.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow. Just. Wow. (I'm the Trek Lover around here, how do I miss a thread like this?!?!!?)

I'd actually known about this since the BD was announced (because, you know, Trekluver...) and am still disappointed about it. I might have been ok with the lack of general bonus features, but not including the commentary felt stupid on Paramount's part and does tick me off a little.

I still pre-ordered it though, if only because Walmart had a Digital Early release attached with it, which was nice. If I find anything else to rail about it when my disc set arrives in the mail Tuesday, I'll let you guys know. :)

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alright, so I got my STID Blu-ray set yesterday (a day early... w00t!). And yes, while it's still missing the features on the discs themselves, there's an interesting trick you can do.

If you redeem the digital copy through iTunes, you'll receive the iTunes Extras. Which is awesome, but also an unnecessary hassle. I'm still disappointed with Paramount on this, but at least I CAN listen to the commentary without having to buy the iTunes version. :)

@Jamie: If you skip the movie, you're missing something special... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:07 pm 

Went to Target today to buy this, and I found that there were at least three different variations of the same BluRay+DVD+Digital Copy Combo pack there in-store that quite clearly listed different bonus features, making buying the actual movie a much more complicated decision. 0_o;

At least they made the differences obvious by having different cover art, but still..! >_<;

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:57 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

I'm refusing to buy anything until Paramount releases the movie with all the extras in a single product. Anything less will just encourage more exploitive behavior. This was an egregious move by Paramount and I think they are coming to understand that. Bill Hunt writes that the experienced people in Paramount's Marketing department have moved on and there are now a lot of people there fresh out of business school who don't understand the fans and what they want. Paramount thought this approach would be hot, but instead made fans angry. It's possible there will be another release. The lesson to learn for them is to check with the fans first about what they want and don't make assumptions or pretend to know better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:01 am 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
It's possible there will be another release. The lesson to learn for them is to check with the fans first about what they want and don't make assumptions or pretend to know better.

Agreed. I mean for crying out loud, even my one disc BD copy of the first film that came with my STID pre-order had the commentary with it (I'm shamelessly proud to say that BD happens to be my fourth copy of the first film :mrgreen: ).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]