It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:37 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:54 pm 

I have two computers with Steam installed on them, both windows 7 and on start up on one of the computers, I got the error:

Code:
C:/Steam must be on a case insensitive system

...Which when I searched online is apparently an error that appears on the MAC Steam Client rather than the Windows Client? Anyone got a clue what's happened here? 0_o;

I don't use that particular computer very often any more but it's still a disconcerting message considering I still use Steam on the other computer just fine.

_DTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Is this on a clean Steam install? You might want to uninstall it and get the latest installer to see if it fixes it. I'm running Steam on Win 7 64 ultimate, Ubuntu, and XP and have never seen that error. :S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:55 am 

Should be a clean install. I only ever dig into Steam files for Skyrim modding, and I haven't done that in a while, so this is really out of nowhere.

I'll check later to make sure that the computer didn't just start something up wrong and if it corrupted something, I'll do the re-install thing... But it's like I said, a Google search on the exact terms of the error tell me that it comes from the Mac Steam Clients rather than Windows Steam Clients. 0_o;

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:44 am 
Obduction Backer

Calumon wrote:
Should be a clean install. I only ever dig into Steam files for Skyrim modding, and I haven't done that in a while, so this is really out of nowhere.

I'll check later to make sure that the computer didn't just start something up wrong and if it corrupted something, I'll do the re-install thing... But it's like I said, a Google search on the exact terms of the error tell me that it comes from the Mac Steam Clients rather than Windows Steam Clients. 0_o;

If the problem persists after a uninstall/reinstall you should probably submit a ticket with the error. I'm sure it would help them since that's not supposed to happen under Windows.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:38 pm 

Well, since it happened yesterday, it hasn't happened since. 0_o;;

So I'll assume that it was just one of those 'one off' errors of bizzareness and that the computer might have just started up wrong?

Oh well. 0_0;

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Computer identity crisis, perhaps? (Sorry, couldn't resist the urge! :P )

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]