It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:07 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Missing URU a lot
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:00 pm 

Shorah all,

My laptop has been broken since 18th september :twisted: , so i missed a lot! It's really totally down, so visiting URU is gone now, till i have a new laptop. Miss you all. Hopefully see you soon! :(

Wave Bye
Lisa-maria aka Persepolis

Post subject: Re: Missing URU a lot
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

I know how you feel! Mine has been busted since the beginning of July :( I did load it up on the dinosaur desktop so that I could listen in on the Palooza but that was my most recent visit. Someday I'll get back!

MOULa 2.0 KI - 01544785

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:17 pm 

It is a bummer to have a main resource down. Here are some things to think about.

If your laptop is a DELL there are great repair manuals online. They show how to disassemble the laptops. A few other brand have repair/disassembly manuals. Google for your model.

Inexpensive parts are available from eBay and other sources for about everything made.

If you are brave, you can often repair a laptop yourself. Also, ebay has some amazing laptops for very low prices.

As Christmas nears the laptop makers are all preparing their new Windows 8.1 touch screen releases. These will be some nice machines with all the latest tech.

The mobile devices still are not up to handling 3D real time rendering. Android gadgets are getting close. But, so far they seem to only be capable of CSS, HTLM, SVG, and other newer rendering processes. OpenGL and DirectX are mostly beyond their ability to handle with any reasonable performance.

ATI and NVIDIA are now the video card makers. ATI is big on the Apple side of things. But, NIVIDIA works well with both and provides good DirectX and OpenGL support. ATI is way weaker than NIVIDIA when it comes to OpenGL. So, if you do not want to get into figuring out which games run on what and whether ATI will support them, go with NVIDIA.

In the NVIDIA world there is a big step between the <= ?50 and the >= ?60 series cards. If you are choosing between a 260 and a 420 the 260 is a better choice for many games.

When you get down to final choices ask here. You'll get lots of advice.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've not had any trouble with ATI video cards, but I've always heard Nvidia software was better. My only ATI trouble has been trying to run Ubuntu on an E-350 APU machine (MOULa ran better on an Atom netbook that it did on that one), but I suspect that was user incompetence rather than anything else. My main desktop has a Radeon HD 7750 on it and it does fine if I don't try to overclock it. I know it is not a very powerful card, but I don't like spending a lot on something that gets out of date so quickly.

There are many bargain shopping sites that alert you to great deals all over the web, especially on computers. The only problem is you often have to act immediately or the deal is dead.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]