It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:20 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Our good friend, community member, Open Uru team member and Minkata shard host, Rarified is dealing with a serious health issue right now which he recently mentioned on the OU forums while explaining the delay in updating the shard.

rarified wrote:
Hello all! I'm sorry for being uncommunicative about this, I've been debating with myself what to post about the current situation.

One thing that has been consuming a significant part of my time in RL is that I've learned I have a serious health condition that will require surgery. I'll be undergoing that in around a week (Oct 15th). I've had to spend quite a bit of time with doctors, tests, and travel to obtain second opinions on the treatment options.

At this point I expect that the surgery itself will not be too difficult but there will be an extended period of convalescence. That may work to the advantage of OU and Minkata as I should be able to use a laptop while I'm not up for moving much (and on leave from work). I'll just have to wait and see how I feel after treatment.

Thanks for your understanding.
_Rarified

The surgery is scheduled for this Tuesday. I believe that support and well wishes from friends and colleagues can contribute a great deal towards a speedy recovery, so I thought I'd start a thread to give everyone who wanted to the opportunity to wish him well.

Rarified, you're in my thoughts and prayers constantly at this time. Sending lots of love and white light your way. ((tight hugs))

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Good luck Rarified!

tumblr: kaththedragon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:28 am 
Creative Kingdoms

All our thoughts are with you for great success and a comfortable, quick and positive recovery, rarified.

Pre-surgery humor:
Quote:
A man was just coming out of anesthesia after surgery, and his wife was sitting at his bedside. His eyes fluttered open, and he murmured, "You're beautiful." Flattered, the wife continued her vigil while he drifted back to sleep. Later, her husband woke up and said, "You're cute." Startled, she asked him, "What happened to 'beautiful?'" He replied, "The drugs are wearing off."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:12 am 

Get well our friend Rarified.
We all will be thinking of you during your recovery.
Relax and take it easy and listen to your doctors.
Godspeed to you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:26 am 

I hope your surgery will go well Rarified.

And, most important, I hope you'll recover promptly from your surgery "Bon et prompt rétablissement" we say in French. :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:12 pm 

Good luck, and get well soon, Rarified!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Get well soon, Rarified!

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:29 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Those of us on the OU "team" have known about rarified's condition for a little while, but since health issues can be a very personal and sensitive issue we couldn't really say anything until rarified chose to make his own comment.

Anyway as a "team exercise" and show of support before his surgery we had a kind "Ahnonay Party" on the Minkata shard yesterday. Tai'lahr helped rarified get his Ahnonay half doughnut, then we tried an experiment dreamed up by Christian Walther to get a person in each of the spheres next to the levers (which takes a bit of organizing) and then try a variety of different rotations while filming from the gantry outside the office.

The videos are here (warning - these are big even as MP4s, up to 120MB, so you may want to download them before viewing them):
http://uru.mac-fife.me.uk/ahnonay/Ahnonay.mp4
http://uru.mac-fife.me.uk/ahnonay/Ahnonay2.mp4
http://uru.mac-fife.me.uk/ahnonay/Ahnonay3.mp4
http://uru.mac-fife.me.uk/ahnonay/Ahnonay4.mp4
http://uru.mac-fife.me.uk/ahnonay/Ahnonay5.mp4
http://uru.mac-fife.me.uk/ahnonay/Ahnonay6.mp4

Hope you enjoyed the party, _R - We'll be thinking of you on Tuesday, and hoping the op goes well. Take it easy, but do let us know how things go.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Great videos, Mac, absolutely awesome high quality and I'd like to add very impressive and fun ... Thanks for recording and sharing these ... :P

To our rarified again, I embrace you in much love and light ... stay positive and keep your spirits as high as possible and everything will be perfect ... :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Best wishes, of course, rarified!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:01 am 
Obduction Backer

To one of our fellow explorers, pls take care of you ! best wishes.

Membre du quartier Mystpedia - KI 9392
Alts : EG Jan (gone) / Sleeper Jan KI (coming soon)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:42 am 
Obduction Backer

@ Rarified ... My apologies, as I have not had the pleasure of meeting you, but I sincerely send my best during your troubled times and know you will be the brightest towards your healthy recovery...

Chris

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:04 am 
Obduction Backer

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Rarified. <<hugs>>

:)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:56 am 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
As a "team exercise" and show of support before his surgery we had a kind "Ahnonay Party" on the Minkata shard yesterday. Tai'lahr helped rarified get his Ahnonay half doughnut, then we tried an experiment dreamed up by Christian Walther to get a person in each of the spheres next to the levers (which takes a bit of organizing) and then try a variety of different rotations while filming from the gantry outside the office.

Hope you enjoyed the party, _R

What a great idea, well done to you all and thanks for sharing the videos, Mac.

Mac_Fife wrote:
Those of us on the OU "team" have known about rarified's condition for a little while, but since health issues can be a very personal and sensitive issue we couldn't really say anything until rarified chose to make his own comment

Very best wishes again, rarified. I do hope our questions didn't put unwelcome pressure on you at a (very) tricky time for you. Get well soon.

Acorn (Treehugger in Minkata)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:19 am 
Obduction Backer

First of all, thank you all for the good wishes!

A quick update... The surgery is over, and even with a half dozen new holes in my abdomen with not a small number of staples, I'm feeling quite well. (Even without the assistance of the modern pharmaceutical industry!) Not allowed to drive anywhere for the next week, but have lots of local support from friends with meals and necessities. I suspect my rapid progress can be credited at least in part to all the positive messages I've received.

Hoping to get more active soon, and by all the signs, sooner than expected.

_R

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next