It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:16 am 
Obduction Backer

rarified wrote:
First of all, thank you all for the good wishes!

A quick update... The surgery is over, and even with a half dozen new holes in my abdomen with not a small number of staples, I'm feeling quite well. (Even without the assistance of the modern pharmaceutical industry!) Not allowed to drive anywhere for the next week, but have lots of local support from friends with meals and necessities. I suspect my rapid progress can be credited at least in part to all the positive messages I've received.

Hoping to get more active soon, and by all the signs, sooner than expected.

_R

Thank you for this encouraging update, rarified, this sounds so promising already, and as you handle and take everything it can only get better ... :P

And many thanks to the Gods and heavens for the lovely angels and care you're surrounded by and provided with ... Here's to a fast and delightful recovery ... :D

(You won't believe what I just experienced ... I tell ya all, sth happened since we have to log in twice with that funny question ... Please, anyone, try to write the word 'Gods' without 's' and hit preview and see how ot changes haha, that's why I changed my wording to 'the Gods and heavens' ... Someone is fiddling with these forums or our Mods are a bit funny in these days lol ... :mrgreen: )
(if yours changes like mine, it changes to Atrus ... :wink: )

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks so much for the update and the great news, rarified!
Glad you're not in pain...and very glad to hear that you have the local support in the Real World that your online friends can only offer in a virtual sense....
Hope you can relax, and actually enjoy your recuperation period!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:54 am 
Obduction Backer

rarified posted an update on the OpenUru forum yesterday:
rarified wrote:

I continue to improve and while last weekend I opted for R&R rather than much work, I'm back to paying more real-time-like attention to messages.

Brief update: I head back to the doctor Friday to give him have back the rest of the accessories he left behind (staples, tubing, itches ;)) and hope that will be another milestone crossed on the way to recovery. I'm starting to give a few hours a day back to work (sometimes from a supine posture!)

Always grateful for the good wishes from everyone,
_R

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2