It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:05 am 
Obduction Backer

belford wrote:
I'm taking "real-time, first-person" to mean RealMyst-style, perhaps with an option for node-based navigation a la Myst 5. That's been successful for them in the past.

But yes, Cyan is clearly going with the no-spoilers approach. It'll work or it won't.

It may be that they're saving some details for a second burst of KS publicity. But then, maybe not. (I certainly don't know, and I don't need any more details to put down my money.)

Shorah everyone,

Well, we have a pretty strong hint that *something* will happen on Monday January 6, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. KI time...

[[want to know more?? head over to the Cyan forums!!!]]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:36 am 
Obduction Backer

you know my logic is this: we are fans that absolutely loved to play all Rand Miller's games. Got MOULA to enjoy for free and we are still enjoying it. those games were and still are inspiration to younger creators to add use and play with the material they've got to use for FREE too. i would donate if for no other reason than to say - THANK YOU and to support great guys that added to our lives. and I DID ! i don't need any other info or reason :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:54 am 
Obduction Backer

Very, very good news ! :D
After long waiting Years, Cyan brings us again a brand new Universe to explore, Yay!
For French speaking peoples, we translated the whole KS Page.

[url=http://myst-aventure.com][img]http://myst-aventure.com/-grover/image/sig-moul.gif[/img][/url] [url=http://ufo-3d.fr][img]http://ufo-3d.fr/ufo-3d-350x75.png[/img][/url] [url=https://polystudio.shop]PolyStudio[/url] MAhmtee Bevin KI #123057

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Sold my shirt......shivering 'til Cyan succeed, then I get a nice new one :) Some comments:

I have 3 Obduction links...(Huge Thanks to Nalates for raising the matter !)

1) http://cyan.com/

2) http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction

3) http://www.obductiongame.com/

The same Obduction Video clip runs in 2) and 3)....
2) runs without the benefit of sound, and won't 'unmute' (Explore 9) for me; I updated Adobe Flash with no effect.
3) runs just fine.

Not certain if this is a general problem or just me, so thought I'd mention it; it's frustrating to be itching to donate on Kickstarter site without knowing exactly what Rand is talking about. If others have the same issue, check 3) first, perhaps...

(Edit) Found another Useful Link...thanks to Mystdee and others...Kickstarter Ticker tape Progress..
4) http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction/

Hi All !!.....Myst'ya !.....

Last edited by Abjab on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sold.

45 dollars converted is roughly 27 to 28 pounds sterling.Would loved to have been able to afford the box set but

Was planning to treat myself to Rome 2 this month :cry:

Here's hoping the funding target is reached.Game idea looks good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:37 am 
Obduction Backer

A new update by Cyan on Kickstarter has come in with answers to many interesting questions and the announcement of an AMA on Reddit :

I'll be doing an AMA on reddit on Tuesday (October 22) at 4:30 pm EDT (that's 1:30 pm PDT, and 20:30 GMT)
Get your questions ready - but go easy on me. :) ... Rand is saying ... :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:55 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah everyone,

We are now past the $500,000 US mark and heading toward the halfway point!!

This is the most fun I've had with suspense since I don't know when... :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:06 am 

Ainia wrote:
We are now past the $500,000 US mark and heading toward the halfway point!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: It's not even been a week! It's been vaguely half a week :!:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, now is the time haha, and I knew they would do it again and lead the way into a new gaming era and experience ... Just have a look into Rand's new enthusiastic update on Kickstarter ... Way to go, Cyan! ... :P

And stay tuned for the Reddit AMA at 4:30pm EDT (that's 1:30pm PDT and 20:30 GMT) ... I believe we'll get a direct link beforehand and someone will post it here ... :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Aaaand we've soared past the halfway point!! It's downhill from here! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Um, check your arithmetic. :/

That will happen sometime tomorrow, at the current rate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lord Chaos, this cannot be Riven. Riven was Riven. Will it be a first person adventure game (adventure game genre, puzzles) with a story that is revealed gradually and a beautiful world to explore. I think so. On the look, same concept artist as Uru. I loved how Uru looked.

The beauty of Kickstarter, it is either funded or not. You do not get to go cheap. And this is a solo player game, so less of a risk. You spend your money, make a game and you are mostly done. As long as they get their money, we will get a game. And remember, we only gets charged, get our money taken out of our accounts, if the Kickstarter project makes its goal. I like the funding model for a game of this sort. I am so looking forward to this game.

On "trading on" Cyan's name, that is the whole point! This is a game in the tradition of Myst and Riven, but, of course, not Myst or Riven, you cannot redo the past. Cyan made Myst and Riven. Who better to make Obduction? That is the point. I also think it is smart to be set in a new universe, pull in the people who loved Myst but have not kept up on the whole D'ni thing. We love the Uru world, but I think that is a much more limited market. I think going with a whole new world makes sense.

On showing us more or the game - well - they need money so they can make the game! As far as I can tell this is not "give us more money to finish the game". This is "give us money to make the game", just like Tim Shaffer's studio's first Kickstarter project (Tim designed Grim Fandango, a well renowned adventure game). Incidentally, Tim's project was funded, a very good precedent.

And isn't it great that they are using the Unreal engine? What could be better? Think like Uru but with a different well proven engine that has been used to make beautiful worlds. It will be interesting to see what Cyan does with it. You get the gorgeousness of a Cyan creation done with contemporary tools game developers are familiar with. What could be better?

I am enthusiastic about Obduction.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

belford wrote:
Um, check your arithmetic. :/

That will happen sometime tomorrow, at the current rate.

Grrrrr.

I'd just like to know who is pledging 1 dollar or more ? Surely the 25 dollar option for the game is the logical choice !
Anyway November 16th is the last day.Theres a possibility I might double my pledge for the box set.There's got to be a good few other people who are in the same boat,who have pledged a certain amount but who are tinkering with upping the stakes.

I agree however that the last half Million or so might be more difficult to come by.I only found out about the kickstarter project from my son ( who knew I was a Myst freak ) from reading it on some news page on the internet.How many fans of Cyan's work have even realised/know this project is underway ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

And there it begins ... Just go and ask Rand anything if you like ... :D

And please look at this, what he posted on Twitter ... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

janaba1 wrote:
And there it begins ... Just go and ask Rand anything if you like ... :D

And please look at this, what he posted on Twitter ... :mrgreen:

I'm not a member of Twitter and I don't want to be.Facebook either !

If your on,could you ask Rand why he doesn't ask the myst forum to send emails to its 53 thousand members,making them aware of the kick starter project ? Might help with the funding.After all if you don't know whats happening then how can you be a part of it ? just a suggestion.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next