It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:22 pm 

i don't get reddit or whatever the name is

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

rolliko wrote:
janaba1 wrote:
And there it begins ... Just go and ask Rand anything if you like ... :D

And please look at this, what he posted on Twitter ... :mrgreen:

I'm not a member of Twitter and I don't want to be.Facebook either !

If your on,could you ask Rand why he doesn't ask the myst forum to send emails to its 53 thousand members,making them aware of the kick starter project ? Might help with the funding.After all if you don't know whats happening then how can you be a part of it ? just a suggestion.

Hi, rolliko and Mcbeam, I'm not on Twitter, Facebook and reddit etc. either ... what I'm doing and posting here or elsewhere when I have time is only to keep all updated and the ball and energy rolling and the momentum growing etc. lol, though you're right, it should be an easy part for the Cyan folks to just send an informative email to the members of their official forums, but mabe not ... Yeah, so I'm also only following the discussion on reddit, and I can see Twitter and Facebook posts and get RSS feed updates without being registered ... :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:04 am 
Obduction Backer

belford wrote:
Um, check your arithmetic. :/

That will happen sometime tomorrow, at the current rate.

Haha!! :lol: I was just a *tad* sleep-deprived at the time I wrote that... but I will continue watching for the "real" hump coming our way! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:59 am 
Obduction Backer

rolliko wrote:

Grrrrr.

I'd just like to know who is pledging 1 dollar or more ? Surely the 25 dollar option for the game is the logical choice !

Since the logical choice is to at least purchase a digital copy of the game for $25US, I'm guessing the people that made pledges under $25 don't have that much to spare. Bless each and every one of them; they gave what they could to support the effort without the promise of getting anything in return. You can't ask more than that.

There's still plenty of time left to reach the goal and many people choose to wait for one reason or another. The campaign's doing well :wink: .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:43 am 
Obduction Backer

The most common reason for a $1 pledge is to get on the KS mailing list for project updates.

The second most common reason, I'm afraid, is to post a KS comment and complain about the project. (Or threaten, or cajole -- it's all whining in the end.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:29 pm 

Sending to the Myst-Uru forum mailing list would probably be productive. But, I am not sure it is a simple button click.

I suppose as users we could dig through the threads and find a couple of huge threads that most members have posted to and add a new off-topic post at the end... everyone that has posted to the thread will get a notice of the post.

I need to put something on the Uru Maps site..

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:12 am 
Obduction Backer

I don't do reddit either...is there a "chat-log" somewhere I can read?

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:36 am 
Obduction Backer

Charura wrote:
I don't do reddit either...is there a "chat-log" somewhere I can read?

Here ya go!!

Post subject: Whoops
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:33 am 
Obduction Backer

I made a pledge to Obduction and canceled it on Amazon a day later, I then got an email from the Kickstarter website about it, and clicked to cancel it there too...

Does anyone know if there would be any potential problems with redoing the donation to Obduction later on with the same amount of money and same selected reward on the same Kickstarter account?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:07 am 
Obduction Backer

TY Ainia..

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject: Re: Whoops
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ehren wrote:
I made a pledge to Obduction and canceled it on Amazon a day later, I then got an email from the Kickstarter website about it, and clicked to cancel it there too...

Does anyone know if there would be any potential problems with redoing the donation to Obduction later on with the same amount of money and same selected reward on the same Kickstarter account?

Money isn't called for until Nov 16th. So maybe you could donate 1 dollar now ( Maybe all those $1 donators are doing the same ) and then upgrade at a later date,to find out if payment method is okay !?

Ruth wrote:
rolliko wrote:

Grrrrr.

I'd just like to know who is pledging 1 dollar or more ? Surely the 25 dollar option for the game is the logical choice !

Since the logical choice is to at least purchase a digital copy of the game for $25US, I'm guessing the people that made pledges under $25 don't have that much to spare. Bless each and every one of them; they gave what they could to support the effort without the promise of getting anything in return. You can't ask more than that.

There's still plenty of time left to reach the goal and many people choose to wait for one reason or another. The campaign's doing well :wink: .

I see your point,money might be tight.The option to upgrade is there so.....I've possibly put my foot in my own mouth.It wouldn't be the first time. :shock:

Post subject: Re: Whoops
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ehren wrote:

There shouldn't be, You're allowed to pledge, withdraw and re-pledge as many times as You like, within technological reason :wink:
But as rolliko pointed out, You don't actual get charged until the campaign is over, so You don't have to worry if You don't have the money right now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi All,
Check out kickstarter for new info. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction
They said if they reach $1.3 million, they will be adding Oculus Rift to the game, plus some language support. I don't think it is going to happens with the rate of pledges. They need to increase to even reach $1.1 million. As of now,$657,150 with 18 days to go. They will need at least $25,000. a day to reach original goal of$1.1. If you haven't pledge, if you can give anything it would help.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
There. I just pledged $45US (but only because I want the music as well as the game).

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:23 pm 

Let’s see… 10 days raised about $600,000+ or about $60k per day. If they get half that per day, they will make it.

Keep spreading the word by posting on Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, Reddit, Google+ and other places. Think about where Myst fans hangout online. Get posts where long time fans will see them.

8)

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next