It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:40 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: I made a game
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Ok this is not strictly Myst/Cyan related, but as some of you may know I have been dabling in game creation for a while and Cyan has been a strong influence on me (ha!). And this year as I got tired of working on other people's projects so I took a big jump and decided to start a game of my own. Weeee :)

Allow me to introduce Mosaic MiniGolf, a small 2D mini golf game under development featuring a cute island landscape. ('wonder where I got that island idea from.... :roll: ). I've been working on this for the last couple months, and if enough people like it I hope to make more games.

It will be a downloadable game, so it won't have a physical box, but I still made a boxshot:

And this is the first area where you start the game:

You can see a video of the game in action on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MosaicMiniGolf/.
It should be available pretty soon for Windows, iPad and Android tablets. (A Mac version may come later if I can get my hands on enough hardware to test.).

Last edited by aloys on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I made a game
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Oh, that looks like fun! WTG, Aloys! Very cool, indeed. :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Very nice done Aloys!
Like to play this on the iPad. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

That looks cool, thanks for sharing! I’ll be waiting for the Mac version, as I don’t have a tablet and avoid Windows when I can.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the nice comments. :)

Christian wrote:
I’ll be waiting for the Mac version, as I don’t have a tablet and avoid Windows when I can.

I'd love to do a mac version, the thing is I don't have too many macs to test on.. :s I got a couple offers from people to beta test the thing though. So I maybe I can organize something. I'm using Unity, so I assume the game should run fine on most, if not all, Apple hardware.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:13 am 
Obduction Backer

Let me know when it is available. It looks like a fantastic game for my nexus 7 android tablet!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:54 pm 

Nice work! I've made a Minigolf game too (HTML5 browser game with miniature-art graphics) but I still need to add a lot of fixes/updates. Mine is a free game, and was put together with gamesalad.

http://www.vividminigolf.com

I am seriously considering rebuilding the whole thing in Construct 2, which seems to have fewer limitations on HTML5 games. I really had to heavily compress everything to fit GS's arbitrary 10mb limit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

aloys wrote:
I'd love to do a mac version, the thing is I don't have too many macs to test on.. :s I got a couple offers from people to beta test the thing though. So I maybe I can organize something. I'm using Unity, so I assume the game should run fine on most, if not all, Apple hardware.

If it’s just to check if it runs, I can offer a couple (MacBookPro8,2 running Mac OS X 10.6, MacBookPro2,2 running 10.7 and 10.5, PowerBook3,5 running 10.4, … how far back do you want to go? “Most Apple hardware” is a lofty goal.) Unfortunately I can’t volunteer a lot of time for extensive play testing for now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Christian Walther wrote:
aloys wrote:

If it’s just to check if it runs, I can offer a couple (MacBookPro8,2 running Mac OS X 10.6, MacBookPro2,2 running 10.7 and 10.5, PowerBook3,5 running 10.4, … how far back do you want to go? “Most Apple hardware” is a lofty goal.) Unfortunately I can’t volunteer a lot of time for extensive play testing for now.

Thanks for the offer Christian! Unity outputs Snow Leopard (10.6) builds. So, although it might work on older builds of OS X, i'll offically stick with 10.6 too. For the next month I'll be focusing on the iPad (as well as Android) version. So I might get started on the Mac version after Christmas.

mszv wrote:
Let me know when it is available. It looks like a fantastic game for my nexus 7 android tablet!
Thanks. :) It should be here after the holiday season; so sometime next month.

matthornb wrote:
Nice work! I've made a Minigolf game too (HTML5 browser game with miniature-art graphics) but I still need to add a lot of fixes/updates. Mine is a free game, and was put together with gamesalad.

Thanks. I have never tried Gamesalad, but, my game would definitely not fit under 10mb. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]