It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:41 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:15 am 

I played Myst URU: Complete Chronicles (single player CD) long before I joined GameTap MOUL and thereafter Open Source MOULa. I recently began re-playing URU:CC so I could document the vast differences between it and MOULa. Is anyone aware of any comprehensive list of differences available on the Internet?

In addition, I have a question about instancing. Does URU:CC use instancing? For example, when I link through the brown D'ni City book on my Relto bookshelf, do I end up in a different instance of the City than when I link through the Nexus (i.e., hood vs. public instance)? If no one knows the answer offhand, I'll just have to move the cones in one City "instance" to see whether they also moved in the other "instance."

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)
CT Hostess Susa'n KI#9122427 (member Cavern Tour's Hood)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

there is no list the i know of thought about doing that myself one time but the changes are a lot every age from CC has been changed.

about instancing access to the city was added to uru with the to Dn'i patch and then then Path Of the Shell(POTS) patch was added. CC is URU with to D'ni and POTS all ready added. now back in the Until URU days if you had a copy of CC the patch used to make it work online more or less removed all the POTS stuff and added the online stuff. now if instancing is server side then no the stand alone client does not have it but if it is client side then it does. and if i recall in Until URU there was 4 or 5 instance of the city.

also the POTS ages where going to be multiplayer ages added to URU live they where change to make the work standalone when URU live did not make it the first time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Off the top of my head:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
  • UruCC starts at the Cleft and you get the Relto book there; MOULa starts at Relto and you can choose between the Cleft or the ’Hood.
  • KI calibration in UruCC requires 5 + 15 + 4 markers; in MOULa it takes 15 + 15 + 228. The Great Shaft is accessed differently.
  • Cloths in Ahononay and Er'cana in UruCC are just bookmarks, you don't need to touch all of them. Also, no bahro caves for these two Ages.
  • Pellets take 1 tahvo to bake and take 1 tahvo to fall; in MOULa they take a few hours and fall instantly.
  • Ahnonay in UruCC can be solved alone, and the code you get from the pellet drop is different.
  • In UruCC there are no Pod Ages, no Tetsonot and Delin, no sparklies, no bahro wedges. The ‘islands’ in Relto are a bit different.
  • The Watcher’s Pub is closed in MOULa, but you can still get to K’veer and Myst.
  • Bob o’ Goobo is absent in MOULa, as is one of Sharper’s journals.

EDIT: added spoiler tags :roll:

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

Last edited by korovev on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:24 pm 

Susa'n asked that you put your answers inside spoilers if I got it right.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:12 pm 

[Reveal] Spoiler:
the city book in your hood is your private city..it is a different instance than the city links in the Nexus..it is helpful when you are working on things like finding GZs and making marker games....or if you have several members to your hood, to go to and do activities in private.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

[Reveal] Spoiler:
While in URU:CC I could collect GZ markers by clicking on the markers themselves, in MOULa, I have to click on the blinking mark in the KI monitor. Confused me for a while ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

A few more...
[Reveal] Spoiler:
  • No Minkata or Jalak in Uru:CC
  • The textures for the linking panels are differents.
  • The KI in URU:CC can only take pictures.
  • The Watcher's pub has a different color.
  • The books in relto are ordered differently and some of them have differents textures.
  • No guild pubs in Uru:CC. Same goes with their associated t-shirt.
  • The direct link to the city in the neighborhoods is not in Uru:CC
  • Link-in points for K'veer and Myst are differents.
  • In MOULa, you can explore more of K'veer.
  • The fireplace in Myst cannot be accessed in MOULa.
  • Widescreen resolutions are not available in Uru:CC.
  • Uru:CC has more books on the second bookshelf in Relto.
  • More clothing options in MOULa.
  • More relto pages in MOULa. Some of them are not in the same place.
  • The end of Ahnonay is slightly different. In MOULa you can go outside while in Uru:CC you can't.
  • Cloths in Ahnonay and Er'cana are blue in Uru:CC and green in MOULa.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
In Uru: CC, all KI shots uploaded to the Relto imager will show up on all the Relto imagers.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:41 am 

Thank you to all who responded! :D

And thank you for using spoiler tags! /thumbsup

I shall list some of my observations here:

Starting point:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
URUCC - After Atrus' speech concerning Yeesha, "our desert bird," avvie begins in the Cleft several feet from Elias Zandi's No Trespassing sign. MOULa - After Yeesha's speech concerning exploring the cavern, avvie begins in Relto. When avvie links to Cleft via Bahro pillar, avvie begins much closer to No Trespassing sign.* And the No Trespassing sign is facing backwards.* (These are true when returning to Cleft via the book on the shelf; I need to test these with brand new avvie's first visit to Cleft.)

Cleft:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
URUCC - No fire pit with chair, calendar Relto page or hawks Relto page. Cannot take KI pictures because you haven't been given the opportunity to get your KI. Goggles are available immediately. The tree holds a Relto book, which avvie picks up and uses to link to Relto. MOULa - Fire pit with chair, calendar Relto page and hawks Relto page. Can take KI pictures because you've had the opportunity get your KI. Goggles not available until you return to the Cleft. The tree holds a Relto page with the four journey Bahro pillars, which avvie picks up and uses to link to Relto.

Relto:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
URUCC - Left bookcase orders the books like Phil's Relto bookcase (slot 1 Cleft book; slots 2-6 journey age books; slots 7-9 D'ni/DRC books; slots 10-14 POTS books). The metal tabs correspond to each category (hand/stalagmite/shell). The left bookcase begins with blue bevin book (slot eight) and blue POTS book (Watchers Pub) (slot 10). Right bookcase contains journey ages book; journal (for avvie to carry); DRC book regarding Ae'gura and Bevin; and six POTS books. No stone well. MOULa - Left bookcase orders the books differently and does not include a blue POTS/Watchers Pub book because the link is in the Nexus. The metal tabs show either two hands (book can be shared) or one hand (book cannot be shared). The left bookcase begins with a blue bevin book. Right bookcase contains journey ages book only. Island has a stone well.

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)
CT Hostess Susa'n KI#9122427 (member Cavern Tour's Hood)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:52 pm 

Your Ki in MOULa can only take 15 images.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

[Reveal] Spoiler:
In the cleft, the projector that shows Yeeshas messages is triggered with a different combination in Uru:CC and MOUL:a when getting back after finishing the four ages.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Here's a few more:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
    1. In CC the Spyroom is much larger than the one in MOULa. With a different layout and no pedestal. There is also damage showing how it was once a part of the room behind it. In addition Sharper's hat is present as well as a linking book back to the Upper Shroom. And the linking book to Phil's Relto is an actual Relto book.
    2. In CC it is a linking book to the Spyroom in Teledahn, not a Bahro stone. Also there is a water sack, drawing, cup and small lantern in the compartment.
    3. In CC's Gahreesen the tubes for the maintainer suit are fully open and you can attain a Maintainer's suit using them. The control panel for Gahreesen's wall is not lit up.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:13 am 

Taliana wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
In the cleft, the projector that shows Yeeshas messages is triggered with a different combination in Uru:CC and MOUL:a when getting back after finishing the four ages.

*funfact*
[Reveal] Spoiler:
The Return Imager code is randomly generated every playthrough.

*/funfact*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:16 am 

[Reveal] Spoiler: "Another one"
ChloeRhodes wrote:
3. In CC's Gahreesen the tubes for the maintainer suit are fully open and you can attain a Maintainer's suit using them. The control panel for Gahreesen's wall is not lit up.

Yes, but you can not do this in normal URU without any expansion packs. I think it was introduced with Path To The Shell.

Here some other none-spoiler ones:
- There are more cloaths in MOUL then in URU:CC
- MOUL is On-line! Duh!
- MOULa also uses a slightly newer game engine and a completely different pysicics engine.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:46 am 

@ Calumon...Taliana is quite new here and she might not have played through the game more than twice (1 on MOULa & 1 on URU:CC)...just saying

clue for that: look how many posts she has made so far and read her 1st post posted not so long ago (hmm yesterday in fact)

------------

@ Jamie: you would have been right if the subject was comparing URU with MOULa but Susa'n specifically asked differences between URU CC & MOULa which implies the presence of expansion packs so Chloe had it right :wink: :D

Last edited by Annabelle on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next