It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:13 am 

Hello everyone,

I was wondering why ImageShack was pestering me since a little while when I was connecting to their server...

They wanted me to go Premium and I declined each and every time. I now know why.

Here's something I stumbled upon today opening this "#(#) :evil: :twisted: :x @#-Once-Free" Picture hosting service

After 3 years of loyal, blinded, and devoted (oh ok I'm maybe exagerating a little bit :lol:) use of their service, I'm now relegated to a vile & opportunist "Free Trial User" and I have to become a member in 5 days!!!

...And they are serious about that!!! How about me going elsewhere? They will see how serious one can be in such circumstances especially if the one I'm talking about is my humble self :lol:

With that said, do you have a still FREE picture hosting service to propose? Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:28 am 

Try Photobucket. I've been using them for years, to host images for my blogs. I don't use it for new images, as Blogger now allows me to post images directly with the text, so no offsite link is needed. The old Photobucket links still work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Photobucket is a possibility, but I am a member of another forum where photo posting is encouraged but regulated, and they are now frowning on the use of Photobucket, as it is getting a little intrusive. I'm still using it, as I have no other alternative. I do have to edit the link before I post now whereas before you didn't have to.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:30 am 
Obduction Backer

I use Imgur when I'm not hosting images on my own server. I find it works quite nicely.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've been using postimage to post image (pun intended) :P

http://postimage.org/

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Here there’s a summary of a few services (might not be up-to-date with current policies).

It might be worth noting that some sites (like Postimage) allow unlogged uploading; the downside of doing that is you can’t (easily) take images off afterward.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:51 am 
Obduction Backer

I use puush: http://puush.me/
It's great for temporarily hosting files to show people. Uploads expire after not being viewed for a while so it's not perfect for all situations, but it works great for me. It's also an extremely convenient program for capturing and uploading a section of the screen. I use it constantly at work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:38 am 

Ok thanks guys!

I didn't make my mind yet on an alternative but I'll consider your advises for an alternative picture hosting FREE service.

It will come when I'll need it :wink: I already used Photobucket once so I might opt for it if I can recall my username & password.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:14 pm 

Google Plus(Google +) is free and you can set up communities and share your pictures with different groups. I am getting to like it more and more.
Every picture I take goes there automatically,,and is private until I decide what to do with it.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:37 am 
Obduction Backer

imagevenue.com and imagebam.com are both I've used in the past.

I like imgbox.com right now. I like the interface and the ability to hotlink photos. Sometimes loading times are a bit slow though. Still, a nice service.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Probably the most convenient option is to set up Dropbox! Your Dropbox folder contains a 'Public' folder. You can place any images in there, and if you click on files with your right mouse button and choose 'Copy public link', you can get a public URL to share.

Since Dropbox integrates with your operating system, it's more convenient than uploading your files via a web interface.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:40 am 

Erik wrote:
Probably the most convenient option is to set up Dropbox! Your Dropbox folder contains a 'Public' folder. You can place any images in there, and if you click on files with your right mouse button and choose 'Copy public link', you can get a public URL to share.

Since Dropbox integrates with your operating system, it's more convenient than uploading your files via a web interface.

Marvelous idea! Thanks Erik, I'll check just that.