It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you bleive in aliens
yes 49%  49%  [ 21 ]
no 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
yes but I don't think it's possible for them to have visited earth. 44%  44%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 43
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:21 pm 

Umm... are "aliens" the ones that by remote control steal always just one
sock out of a pair of socks when you wash them (socks, not aliens) ?

Alien wrote:
Tomala wrote:
Alien wrote:
I'm standing here watching you all with an evil look and holding probe #7 with
attached mini-gun ... but there could be any reason why no-one has voted no yet :p

Heeeey keep it G rated. There's kids on this board. :P

/ ... / Once again a harmless comment ruined by an over-reaction

Eeeeh... Tomala in fact states that in his sig. :-) [but that could been irony?]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:32 pm 

Lets try and stay on topic here, I don't want this incient thread shutdown baecuase it became less inicent.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

We come in peace! <bzzzzz> We come in peace! <bzzzzz>

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:19 pm 

m.a.x.2.0 wrote:
Umm... are "aliens" the ones that by remote control steal always just one
sock out of a pair of socks when you wash them (socks, not aliens) ?

thats the Laundry Zone, its the space between your washer and dryer, the pit of men's fears and the height of women imagination, whole other story.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Karkadann wrote:

thats the Laundry Zone, its the space between your washer and dryer, the pit of men's fears and the height of women imagination, whole other story.

whaaat did you just say? :x Tut tut, Karkadann, but I won't rise to the bait because we're derailing Jamie's thread again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:34 pm 

although I must agree that with all the planets and moons in the Universe and the simple fact that they have found life living at the vary bottom of the ocean using the stuff spewing out of those hydrothermal vent instead of the traditional photosynthesis does suggest that life has a vicious habit of turning up and thriving where you would never expect it.

It would definitely suggest life elsewhere in the Universe is possible and even probable, thinking that we are the only planet with life would seem somewhat arrogant, the question is how intelligent is it? is it nothing more then the equivalent too single cell plants or animals or is it intelligent enough to have achieved interstellar travel? is it life as we would recognize it or is it so different then anything we have seen that we would not even see it as life.

Mother nature was never restricted to Earth and their is no telling what evolutionary path life elsewhere in the Universe may have taken.

E=mc2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:09 am 
Obduction Backer

Alien wrote:
Once again a harmless comment ruined by an over-reaction

My apologies. I was trying to be lighthearted hence the :P at the end. Somehow whenever I make an attempt at that I end up getting in trouble... I keep forgetting that this forum is a serious place. So again, I sincerely apologize and say that I voted yes since there is always a possibility.

I will leave now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:32 am 

actually in hindsight, I over-reacted ... I apologise.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:35 am 

Karkadann wrote:
I see 19 votes

11 voted yes
0 voted no
and 8 voted yes but I don't think it's possible for them to have visited earth.
as of this post.

something very weird is going on

I did vote ... and it was consistent with what I wrote :lol:

Being bacterial life forms, I don't see how they would have built flying saucers to visit us.

Just take the NASA for instance, they built one great flying saucer and they cannot get it to fly... (it was on the newspaper...)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:01 am 

Annabelle wrote:
Being bacterial life forms, I don't see how they would have built flying saucers to visit us.

what do you think we evolved from :mrgreen:
single cell life forms, although we have come a long way, in interesting note thier are some serios gaps in our evolution, and other strange hard to explain stuff where it seems the advancement of our evolution and our level of intelligent was a bit rapid. Science still has a bit of trouble explaining it.
Not to mention some of the ancient stone structures that are so precise that even with today's technology we would have a great deal of difficulty reproducing it.

Some suggest ancient aliens, and yet others seem almost offended by this because it suggest that we as a species could not have figured it out on our own. The proof is out their, someplace.

Makes you wonder where on earth did Cyan get the idea for Obduction, do they know something we don't

Tune in next time same bat time same bat channel.

E=mc2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:13 am 
Obduction Backer

[[check this out if you want "proof" :D]]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:54 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Personally, I think there are more extra-terrestrials in the media than in Real Life.

Then again, wouldn't the D'ni count as E.T.s....?

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
TOOO wrote:
wouldn't the D'ni count as E.T.s....?
Right, and they didn't use spaceships to get here. To say, "yes but I don't think it's possible for them to have visited earth" is saying the only methods of travel you believe possible are the ones that we already understand as humans on Earth. If you can believe it's possible for life to exist on other planets without any proof or knowledge of how, then you might as well believe it's possible for them to travel in ways we can't even begin to imagine.

Or, what if... we've got it all backwards and the "aliens" actually live inside the Earth and the "spaceships" were built to explore the surface or go to other planets? Maybe they collected scrap metal from the Bermuda Triangle. :wink:

Until we can explain something scientifically and truly understand it, then we have to believe anything is possible. Just think about how some of the things we understand today were once explained away as miracles, magic, witchcraft, wizardry, etc. and keep an open mind. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:31 pm 

There is that one theory that all life that exist on Earth today actually evolved from the building blocks of life that arrived here via meteorite or commit. :shock:

E=mc2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
TOOO wrote:
wouldn't the D'ni count as E.T.s....?
Right, and they didn't use spaceships to get here. To say, "yes but I don't think it's possible for them to have visited earth" is saying the only methods of travel you believe possible are the ones that we already understand as humans on Earth. If you can believe it's possible for life to exist on other planets without any proof or knowledge of how, then you might as well believe it's possible for them to travel in ways we can't even begin to imagine.

Or, what if... we've got it all backwards and the "aliens" actually live inside the Earth and the "spaceships" were built to explore the surface or go to other planets? Maybe they collected scrap metal from the Bermuda Triangle. :wink:

Until we can explain something scientifically and truly understand it, then we have to believe anything is possible. Just think about how some of the things we understand today were once explained away as miracles, magic, witchcraft, wizardry, etc. and keep an open mind. :)

This might be the most reasonable and open-minded approach to this for some still controversial subject, for all still in suspicion, IMHO ... :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next