It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:32 pm 

Hello All,
It has been a while since Max and I visited the Cavern, we took a quick look today and checked some of the light level experiments I have had going in the City for many years, measured the lake level, checked on a few buildings and greeted some explorers in the City. It is nice to be back, Surface affairs had taken me away for quite a while.

I will slowly catch up and visit around as time allows, but hello to all old and new Explorers and it is good to see us still continuing this wonderful Journey after many many interesting and happy years and it is good to see development underway on some new ventures ....all the best to all

Shorah.

Dr CrisGer

and some images from Adventures and events from the wonderful past of URU Myst online

Bahro in Relto

Explorers on the Great Stair

Something ouotside the Pod

Mr Cloak, Tai'lahr, and others in a pod explore

Max Catching the Moon

St Patrick's Day Parade

ResEng Mr Appling Helping Direct the Parade

Max and Friends Discover A Visitor Outside the Pod

Max and Rand At Cyan

Ireenquench gives a tour

A Visit from a Bahro

Mr Appling leads a Intro in the Bevin

Another Bevin Visitor

"We Build Worlds"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:55 pm 

Welcome back, Doc. I hope your experiments are doing OK. I've seen explorers meddling with the lake recently.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:13 pm 

Thanks Captain, yes we are in inquisitive lot we explorers. :)

the Lake has been a subject for lively interest for many years ...glad it has not lost any of its allure for our fellow adventurers :)

"We Build Worlds"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Welcome home, Cris!

CrisGer wrote:
Mr Cloak, Tai'lahr, and others in a pod explore

My best guess is that is Mister Cloak, Leighana, Alderem, (Max), Slider, and then myself. I wore the Cautious Optimism shirt a lot in the last days, but if that doesn't give it away, the purple shoelaces sure do! :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi CrisGer I remember you back when Gandhar was around (I'm his daughter) I think that picture in Minkata was him hiding behind the flagpole :-)

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:38 pm 

wow nice to hear from you all. Yep that is my recollectoin to Tai of that group we were exploring with Papa Bear and found some fun things to see.

I have heard from Mr Cloak in the past several years, but not from most of the others. for a while. Mr Appling is out there somewhere, i see him listed in Linkedin. Miss him too. I saw Leighana at the event where RAWA and others presented the info on the new game in the Cavern last year. She is doing well.

Charura, yes that is G. wow, i sure do miss him. A lot. so nice to hear from you. Yes i remember you too, so glad to see some of us who were there then are still here. Hugs all around.

That was one of the last tours that Ireeenquench gave along with her trusty Tour Partner, and we had a wonderful surprise visit from a Bahro! it actually appeared in Minkata too, but only briefly.

"We Build Worlds"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:37 am 
Obduction Backer

objection, those are neighborhoods, not "Bevin"s =P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:11 am 

I am glad to see some of the cranky members of the community are still here too. It is BEVIN for me was is and always will be, i have not changed either i will not be bullied or pushed around by new comers or upstarts who want to dictate to us very long time explorers what to call things and how to enjoy our Cavern. Sorry but it is BEVIN. and that is how it will remain for me now tomorrow and Always. :)

have a nice day>

and if you question that i AM a long time explorer with the right to enjoy URU as I believe is true canon, check my post count

Our Wonderful Guild of Greeters

Rand and Robyn Miller in the City

Under the Roots Party

End of Ages Party

Early Development Picture from Earliest days of URU

Explorers Party Prior to Close of GameTap URU MOUL

the last screen of MOUL GameTap

Dancing Day March 2002

August 2003 Those who know will know who these are :)

Dni Journey begins January 2003

DRC Members in the Pub in the City, August 2003

A fun Bug Mr Cloak and I found in Game Tap URU

The first Sparklies!

Seriously if you want to establish your own canon of what to call things start your own thread, if there are other troll posts here i will ask the Mods to remove them thanks and Shorah. My intent here is to share the Joy and the fun of our shared Journey in the Cavern, not to revive old controversy. That can gladly be left behind :)

"We Build Worlds"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:50 am 
Obduction Backer

Just so you know why that objection was made, there was a huge discussion about it some time ago, and IIRC Cyan stepped in and confirmed that the correct term is 'neighbourhood'.

tumblr: kaththedragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
*Slaps Kae's hand and wags finger.*

Cris, it's just a running joke with the community, not worth getting upset over.

Remember: Don't feed the trolls. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have not been in the game as long as you, Cris,
but it has always been Bevin to me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:38 pm 

Bevin is a specific location in the cavern. The "neighborhoods" are really just mass housing areas for the D'ni. Each one had a name. Bevin was one, Kirel is another, Seret is a third. All the neighborhoods released right now are "Bevin-style" in that they have the orange color scheme, the same layout, etc. Some have "Kirel-style" lamps, and other customizations.

I'm glad my favorite punching bag is back.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Whilyam wrote:
Bevin is a specific location in the cavern. The "neighborhoods" are really just mass housing areas for the D'ni. Each one had a name. Bevin was one, Kirel is another, Seret is a third. All the neighborhoods released right now are "Bevin-style" in that they have the orange color scheme, the same layout, etc. Some have "Kirel-style" lamps, and other customizations.

I'm glad my favorite punching bag is back.

+1

Also.. Upstarts? Newcomers? Members of the community far older than you, Cris - have rallied behind Neighborhood. Because that is what they are. Bevin was a /specific/ neighborhood. And even Cyan agrees.

EDIT: and I know full well who you are, [NAME CENSORED BY ADMIN] - but do you know anything about me? <3

Last edited by Hannah on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Changed the name mentioned.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh CrisGer,

Of course Kae was impolite to bring up the topic in your thread, but you've got to let it slide off your shoulders, and just keep posting your pictures.

When you respond with the attitude that you're right because you've been here longer than the person trying to correct you, well, it just makes you look like the emperor in his new clothes, who was also older than the child who pointed at him, but certainly none the wiser.

Please keep posting the pictures. I'm enjoying them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:06 pm 

Hi Marten good to hear from you and thanks and hi Tai, i will just keep going as usual. thanks for the kindness and support and I have always enjoyed the diversity of this wonderful game and our community. It is nice to be back and I am enjoying visiting the cavern and sharing some of our wonderful history. I will share more including some great letters from RAWA I have saved about URU history many may never have seen, all is shared with love for our wonderful URU.

Marten i didnt mean i was RIGHT about Bevin just that i have the RIGHT to call it what i wish. It was called that IN the game and I got used to that and it was natural for me. I am sorry that some didnt like it and bothered Cyan about it. For me it is Bevin and always will be for many reasons...that is what i meant, not that i am the ONLY one who is right. That is what has been the problem with those who have tried to control and dominate our community with rancor and discord. The D'ni themselves faced that and it was part of the reason for their downfall....so in a way that i enjoy our own community is in accord with the history of the Cavern. And if anyone wants to see me as the Unclothed Emperor, that is fine, it is much cooler that way when exploring Minkata :) :)

Any and all are welcome to their opinions. As am I. The mistakes I have made in the was was being afraid of the negative angst that lives in some of the members here. I am no longer. As I have said, please be civil or your posts will be removed. thanks and have a great day.

And I am NOT anyone's punching bag you are welcome to share whatever you want about me in your own threads and time thanks for the respect which I will happily return. Lets have fun and enjoy sharing what we love.

Shorah.

"We Build Worlds"