It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:51 pm 

I'll consider this a reset, then. Don't bash fan content and its creators and we'll get along just fine.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:40 pm 

Seconded

This is certainly not the time to eat each other alive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:44 pm 

Thanks Whilyam i appreciate that sorry if i was hypercritcal in the past, recent years have been tough for me and at times i was not as kind as i should have been thanks for the second chance.

I am glad to be back and able to share more of the adventure.

I have been working to learn 3D modelling myself for some years and always have hoped to see the tool set and the chance we may have to add new books to the book case and new ages to our URU.

OK to continue our visit to URU MOUL events of the past, here are some pictures of Yeesha in the Cavern ....memorable times for all of us..and wonderful to recall, as far as we know she is still around tho lurking...

I am sorry my archiving did not include all of the ppl who took these and shared them but they are all from members of our wonderful community past and present...

I think the one of Yeesha in hologram form on top of a fountain is from Silouette's Hood but not sure. any other sourcing will be welcome to know.

the Cavern Choir performing in Delin and Cate and Dr Marie Sutherland of the DRC in Kirel at various times

"We Build Worlds"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

Come on, guys. Please do not antagonize others. This is ridiculous.
This is a warning; please keep the thread on topic or it will be locked.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:12 pm 

Thanks Hannah appreciate the post. Will share more soon.

"We Build Worlds"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Ty Hannah... I, for one, love all the pictures from the past and hope that any arguments from back then are 'Dust in the Wind' (And no..I do not live in Kansas...lol)

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

CrisGer wrote:
Thanks Whilyam i appreciate that sorry if i was hypercritcal in the past, recent years have been tough for me and at times i was not as kind as i should have been thanks for the second chance.

I am glad to be back and able to share more of the adventure.

I have been working to learn 3D modelling myself for some years and always have hoped to see the tool set and the chance we may have to add new books to the book case and new ages to our URU.

Wonderful ... A warm welcome back, CrisGer, and thanks for the beautifully illustrated recap of great times ... :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:41 pm 

Thanks Charura and Janaba..Shorah and hi.

OK on with the fun history of our wonderful times in the Cavern with more pictures.... some from me and some shared by many other members of the community .....

Explorers Waiting in line to receive the new Ercana Book in Watchers Pub

ResEngs Doughera and Bronson

The Bahro Attack Above the Great Arch

Chill Party in Minkata at night

Dr Watson in Watcher's Pub Sept 12 07.jpg

Dr Watson Speech Sept 12 07.jpg

A Group Picture of Explorers in the City 2007....are you in here? tell us where!

Rand and Ashtar

"We Build Worlds"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:56 am 

Hello Cris Welcome back. Nice pictures I kinda miss those crowd of people, the lag, and the conversations we all had back at GT

I read on an earlier post you where getting into 3D modeling, Iv been meaning to ask which program are you using and will we be seeing of your Ages some where down the line

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:12 am 

Hi Karkadann, thanks nice to see you !

i have been learning to use 3D Max, Blender, TSM, which is Train Sim Modeller making 3D models of ships, and buildings and RR equipment, a modelling program for Flight Sim, Maya, and Bryce. I will be happy to help with Age projects and started a few of my own some time ago, but waited for the pipelline to be developed and released by Cyan so we can actually put new books on the shelf. Many much more talented ppl than me will lead and i will help as i can. :)

I have also been making advanced mods for Oblvion, Skryim, and Far Cry and the Tomb Raider series, Levels and new maps, and for Oblvion a new city of some 35 buildings including a custom castle with a functional scheduled staff of 30 ppl, 70 scheduled NPCs for the town and a custom Tavern with a lore story set of 200 volumes to go with it all. That has been my biggest project yet, leading a team and taking some two years.

More pics for today....from some of our yesterdays in the Cavern.

Early Concept art and images.. from Cyan

Nick White in the City 2007

Phil Henderson in his Relto with Explorers 2007

Explorers in line for the new Myst link book

I will assemble a set of large format high rez versions of many of these pictures to share with you soon, sorry i have to post small versions here due to the forum format.

"We Build Worlds"

Last edited by CrisGer on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:28 am 
Obduction Backer

CrisGer wrote:

I can identify some of those people. From left to right:

1. Can't remember her name
2. ME!!!!!!! (I was the only greeter who bucked the trend and wore and orange shirt lol)
3. That's...well I'm not sure what name she used there. It might have been Archangel.
4. Budgie, perhaps?
5. drolang

This was the night-shift where it was a little quieter but it was always me, dro and Archangel every weeknight. You may remember their voices: dro lives in Scotland and Archangel in New Zealand. I have extremely fond memories of rolling on the floor with laughter on many occasions because we were having so much fun. It was always funniest when the completely innocent Archangel would say something that, to dro and I with less innocent minds would smirk at and Angel would would burst out laughing when she realized what she had said and I knew that a semi-stern "OH, OHB!!!" was soon to follow! The last time I was in the UK I went to visit dro and we had a great time. I've never had the pleasure to meet Angel in person unfortunately.

If you have a full-size version of that picture, please send it over. I have somewhere perfect to put it. :)

Such. Great. Memories.
...in that neighborhood...haha sorry couldn't resist!...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Crisger, are you sure that the pic of "Phil Henderson" in the city is actually Phil and not Nick White? If I remember right Nick had shaved his head back in 07. And it seems that the crowd is surrounding the shaved head person. And Phil, well he had a pony tail.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:40 am 

i still LOVE the Greeters they were so nice to everyone! i was always looking forward to dropping by their hood .. full size soon

C, i am not sure at all, maybe it is Nick, i have collected these pics but was not at all of the events. Please be assured i am wide open to correction and detailing on all of these.

PS yes i think that IS Nick White in fact, as comparing him to the pic of Phil just after it there is pretty clear difference. thanks for noticing that.

"We Build Worlds"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah Dr!! :)

So good to see you in cavern and here on the forums! Welcome home!!!

I am loving all your photos and eagerly anticipate getting my hands on the high-res ones. :mrgreen:

[[Glad to see Max in some of them too... BTW, if you want to find your Max on TOC, I'd be happy to help out... wave my arms... provide helpfully unhelpful clues... etc. ;)]]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:11 pm 

OHB wrote:
CrisGer wrote:

I can identify some of those people. From left to right:

1. Can't remember her name
2. ME!!!!!!! (I was the only greeter who bucked the trend and wore and orange shirt lol)
3. That's...well I'm not sure what name she used there. It might have been Archangel.
4. Budgie, perhaps?
5. drolang

This was the night-shift where it was a little quieter but it was always me, dro and Archangel every weeknight. You may remember their voices: dro lives in Scotland and Archangel in New Zealand. I have extremely fond memories of rolling on the floor with laughter on many occasions because we were having so much fun. It was always funniest when the completely innocent Archangel would say something that, to dro and I with less innocent minds would smirk at and Angel would would burst out laughing when she realized what she had said and I knew that a semi-stern "OH, OHB!!!" was soon to follow! The last time I was in the UK I went to visit dro and we had a great time. I've never had the pleasure to meet Angel in person unfortunately.

If you have a full-size version of that picture, please send it over. I have somewhere perfect to put it. :)

Such. Great. Memories.
...in that neighborhood...haha sorry couldn't resist!...

The person on the far left... Kimmie? I want to remember she always had cyan hair. I could be wrong.