It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: How Wolves Change Rivers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
A link to this five minute video was recently sent to me and I found it fascinating. Since it seems many Uru explorers are also nature lovers, I thought you might also appreciate it.

How Wolves Change Rivers

Website with more information: Lords of Nature: Life in a Land of Great Predators
Hour long documentary narrated by Peter Coyote: Lords of Nature

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is absolutely impressive and completely mind-blowing, literally, thanks for sharing, Tai'lahr ... :D

I'm still watching Peter Coyote's film, full of wisdom and beauty ... everything is perfect, all is well ... always ... Thanks again ... :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:47 pm 

I don't like raining on parades, but this pushed every "Suspect Information" button that I have. A little more checking showed something that's probably closer to the truth.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/10/opinion/is-the-wolf-a-real-american-hero.html?_r=1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've seen that link in the comments section too, but didn't follow it before, LC ... :P

I've read it now, and of course everything might be completely exaggerated by crediting those enormous effects to the return of the wolves only, besides that the article describes interestingly that of course there are so many different factors in play to repair and heal what has been damaged, without going into the many and manifold causes and details here ... All those manifold factors are actually being kept veiled or obscured from the public's awareness and thus might not being taken care of appropriately etc. ...
That article describes it all very nicely, short and to the point what should be taken into consideration in pursuing real solutions instead of just following and believing exaggerated claims and be good with those ... There is also mentioned a link to an article, 'Ecological Effects of the World’s Largest Carnivores', which states that carnivores really do cause trophic cascades and their importance ecologically etc., which is very intersting too ... :)

I'd like to add that this all, what we make of it, how we perceive or present everything etc., doesn't challenge or invalidate Nature's impressive and miraculous functioning in ultimate and absolute perfection and magnificence ... :D