It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:11 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Will you upgrade to Windows 10?
Yes 38%  38%  [ 20 ]
No 30%  30%  [ 16 ]
I don't know yet 32%  32%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 53
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

VoiZod wrote:
ALL these acts are designed to destroy our sibyl liberties & our ability to fight back!!!

Actually it would be a good idea to destroy Sybil liberties, it would stop people from arguing with themselves.

VoiZod wrote:
Question: If you found out beyond ANY Dough 100% act no lie, that ALL the devices,
cell phones, hand held electronic gadgets, now including; light bulbs analog being switched out for digital,
The whole Electrical system killed/(switched out) for the "SMART" Grid system,
All household appliances are slowly being switched out as to be inducted into the "SMART" Grid system
So the "EVIL ELITE" can control them as well as "SOFT KILL" anyone who uses this Deadly evil tech.
(agenda21).

I'm not sure what dough and "SMART" devices have in common, other than perhaps Big Brother might over/undercook your baked goods just to let you know you should probably eat fewer carbs.

VoiZod wrote:
Would you stop using it, and start speaking out to stop and change it?
(We the people are the only ones that can! better hurry before like frogs in a kettle its too late.)

Kettles and Frogs? I know electric kettles exist but what are they doing to the frogs?

Wow, this is getting serious...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

They’re making ytram tea, of course.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:26 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

FWIW (in case some people don't know) a "kettle" is a long pan often used for poaching fish:

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Probably something to do with that nonsense of frogs not getting out of the water when you boil it really slow or such.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
...Godwin's Law.

Thanks, JW. I didn't know about that one.

My main computer now has 10 on it, both for future proofing in regards to DirectX, and because it came with 8 originally. Windows 8 was about as intrusive as 10, but no one here complained about that as not many people used it, and the only thing I really disliked about 8.1 was the charm or whatever it was called that would come in from the right. I've adjusted most of the privacy settings, and I do know I'll have to keep checking them to make sure they have not been changed. As it is, I am happy with 10, and have even gotten it to play Fallout 3 very well.

If, as some people theorize, I later find out that I have to pay a subscription to continue with 10, I'll consider switching to Ubuntu. I've been playing with it for a while, but I always have trouble trying to game with it, most likely due to user error. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
I've had a very strange experience with Win 10.

On my Toshiba Satellite C655 (which came with Win 7), I had no problem updating to Win 10.
On my AcerPowerFE (which is admittedly circa 2003), I get a notice telling me my video card driver is incompatible. (Okay, granted, that has nothing to do with the PC itself.)

But on my Mac Mini (circa 2011), I had Win 7 on my Boot Camp, and even though the notice tells me my computer is perfectly compatible, any attempt to download the Win 10 seems to be stuck in a permanent looping of those funny little dots. /scratchhead

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:35 pm 

Try downloading the Media Creation Tool and see if you can upgrade using that. You can try to use its in-place upgrade option (which should work like with Windows Update) or download the installation files to a USB drive or DVD that you can use to upgrade. The second option is preferrable if you want to upgrade multiple PCs, because then you don't have to download the installation files again every time.

FYI, if you open the page on a non-Windows computer, you get the option to download an ISO image directly instead of the tool. Then you need to copy/burn the ISO image by hand. On OS X you can "open" ISO images, which makes them appear on your desktop like a USB drive, then you can simply copy all the files from the image to a real USB drive or DVD.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

This topic has run it's course (and off-off course) about a dozen messages ago...

--Chogon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5