It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: I need some help?
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:36 am 
Obduction Backer

You guys are the best that I can come to when I need help....I'm getting married in September and my fiance is a huge Star Trek fan...I'm trying to find the 'Shot Glasses' that McCoy and Kirk drank from in episode 3 season 1...I've tried everything I know of... Here is the picture

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject: Re: I need some help?
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:54 am 

Sorry, not a TOS guy...I'm post-Dominion War. But, my Skype friends came to the rescue:
http://www.yourprops.com/TOS-Dr-McCoys- ... 54940.html

See ya!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:01 am 
Obduction Backer

Nev'yn...Thank you so much. However, I'm looking to purchase these....not sure how to do this on this site....

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:10 am 

Hmm, sorry double no help then...

...Although my friend Tim wants me to tell you the name of the glasses are called "Saurian brandy glasses" just in case it helps in your search. He also says they've been on the various series several times as props...

....Again, sorry I was not of more help. Good luck, and be well!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:49 am 
Creative Kingdoms

There are various ways to list episode numbers: airdate, production date or number and, of course, star date. That shot is from the episode "The Corbomite Maneuver," if it helps, which was third by airdate. There is a great shot of them in McCoys hands at about time index 15:21 to 15:26. They were also in the episode "the Conscience of the King." I'll see what I can dig up, if anything. I am a Trekkie. ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:58 am 
Obduction Backer

Charura, this is really a lovely and wonderful idea to look for sth like those glasses, esp. if you already knew he'd love to have or even use them ... :P

I've been looking everywhere through Google in all ways that I could think of lol, I also looked through the German Star Trek fandom, but as much as I'd loved to find sth, unfortunately I didn't ... :)

Many in the community will do the same, I believe, as time permits lol, and there are quite some Star Trek fans around, like JWPlatt e.g., who will better or immediately know where to look for sth related to that series ...

I am certain that you've already seen yourself that the 'Saurian Brandy Bottle' is more easily to acquire, of course, because the basis is already there lol (based on the original 60’s whiskey bottle), the glasses had to be created/blown first ... 'Saurian Brandy Bottle' ... and another one on Ebay (they're offering it on the German Ebay site too, same price) ...

Everything about the 'Saurian Brandy' with mentions and links to where it has ever appeared in the series and 'played a role' in whatever way ...

Ok, Charura, I wish you the best of luck in your search for something very special for your beloved, and with everything else in your life of course too ... :D

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:31 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Charura,

Greg Schnitzer, Co-Executive Producer on the fan-based Internet series Star Trek Phase II (formerly known as Star Trek New Voyages), which your Trekkie-fiance has almost certainly heard of, tells me that to his knowledge, "original 1960's brandy glasses of this style have never been located. However, there is a gentleman [Mr. Roger Romage] who has gone to some glassworkers to have exact copies produced. They weren't cheap to purchase from him, and they might be even more expensive now--if they are still available at all."

I contacted Mr. Roger Romage who said that they ran out of the Brandy Glasses long ago and apologized. But he said they have had a lot of requests for them and are considering revisiting that project. You can get on his mailing list for updates at [email protected] (this email is published on other public websites as well). It's possible he might have other ideas for collectibles in stock that would work for you.

The cobalt-blue brandy glasses were seen in "The Corbomite Maneuver," "The Enemy Within," "The Conscience of the King," "Court Martial," and "Journey to Babel."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

This sounds wonderful, JWPlatt, and might be the best 'she can get' atm or even in general ... :P

So, let's all cross our fingers for a probable soon to be reconsideration and subsequent continuation of that glass manufacturing project, and maybe, as
JWPLatt wrote:
It's possible he might have other ideas for collectibles in stock that would work for you.
... :D

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt, janaba1 and Nev'yn, you are the best....I will continue my search through all your efforts and I sincerely thank you for your help...I hope to be cheering at our wedding with two of these glasses.
:D

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:48 pm 

That's a wonderful news!

Congrats Charura. I wish you the best in the next chapter of your life. I hope you'll find what you are looking for (the glasses as well as your new marital status & your husband-to-be :wink: ). I'm of no help here with star trek stuff but JWPlatt seems to be of great help so far.

Take care & best wishes :D !!!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:23 am 
Obduction Backer

TY Annabelle....You've always been a great help for me...'Kisses'

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Hi Charura,

This is Rose from Myss Terrie's bevin (or neighborhood). (Not sure you'll remember me, but that's ok - I was around during the early days with Azaia, Dedhed, and Atheni - your dad came in just around the time I was leaving. He was such a nice man.)

I don't have any information for you concerning the glasses but I wanted to send you all my best wishes for a long and happy marriage!

Take care,
Rose

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

I do remember you, Rose, although I was only 14 at the time. Thank you for your kind words about Dad and thank you for your best wishes to me.

Hugs,
Chris

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:47 am 
Obduction Backer

I have opted for another path...Thanks to everyone for helping..Here is what I'm getting...

"They’re great for toasting. They’ll hold your Romulan Ale, Saurian Brandy, Scotch or Altair Water, and of course your OJ or milk, too. They’re microwave safe, dishwasher-safe and even replicator-safe. They’re the four etched glasses that comprise ThinkGeek’s Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise Glassware Set. Each glass weighs 8 ounces and has a 7-ounce capacity, and the glasses are etched with the Starfleet Command Division Insignia and the ship's name and registry."

What do you think?

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:00 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Nice! Very. And to be honest as a Trekkie, I'd rather have these if I had to choose. :)