It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Aerial Photography
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:37 pm 

Hey all! I am emerging out of the shadows to share what I have been up to!

Photography has always just been a hobby for me. It never crossed my mind as something I would do for money since there were always so many people better than I that could get the job done.

But for a while now I've been keeping my eye on UAV/copter technology and where it is going. ever since I have been feeling my entrepreneurial spirit tingling and I don't think I can contain it.

My plan is to start an aerial photography business around the use of drones and other professional Ncopters I can get my hands on. As a photographer I would offer more dynamic services, capturing stills and video for weddings, parties and other events in my area. Do some marketing, and even talk with my local fire department to see if I could offer aerial footage as part of a disaster response team. really the opportunities are endless!

Currently working on the business plan and identity, as well as a website for my work. I'll continue to share more updates as this evolves.

Has anyone else stepped into the world of UAV's? Do you own or build your own? What do you think the future holds for the technology? How do you think new laws around the world will affect the plethora of new businesses that are already taking advantage of these new capabilities?

Thanks everyone, I hope you find this interesting and it will spark some ideas!

and here is a little something:

"link removed"
-JKC

Last edited by JKC on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Advertising for any commercial venture (other than Cyan products) is not allowed.
Please respect the forum policy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:35 pm 

The way you answered me in PM was the reason why Chogon wrote the 19th message on this thread.

There are some rules on this forum and you cannot blame me or anyone else if they tell you or take some action toward reporting it to the competent authorities.

Last edited by Annabelle on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Awww, c'mon, it's not really advertising; it's still just a dream to have a business that he can advertise. ;)

He's a long time community member who's sharing his hopes and dreams with us. And, he's not the first one to post about a fund-raising venture - it's usually games. Don't make me go research the links. :P

Jeremy, judging by this one picture here, you seem to be creative and imaginative. I expect you'll go far in your photography business. The Go-Fund me page looks great and I wish you all the best in meeting your goal. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ohh, I'd absolutely agree here with Tai'lahr, he's kindly reaching out to friends and isn't nowhere near having his own business yet ... :P

Jeremy, this sounds and looks all very positive and convincing, and I also wish you the very best for everything you intend to achieve and might be desiring or aiming at in your life in every respect ... :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:15 pm 

No... I know, I'm sorry if it seemed like I was advertising... I respect forum policy Veralum, and being a community member here for ages I have witnessed a lot forum abuse when it comes to these things.

I didn't mean to sound like I was trying to do a "hit and run" advertising or spamming. But was just trying to share my own story about my latest goals as a member of the community. Maybe bring excitement about the technology and inspire others with ideas and entrepreneurial drive?

Thanks for the best wishes guys!

shorah t'shem!
Jeremy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think it's wonderful JKC... @ veralun...what are you? Debbie Downer?...your moderation days are long gone... are you still as negative and so quick to judge as in the past? Let it go...

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Charura wrote:
Let it go...

You can't hold it back any more.

tumblr: kaththedragon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alright now, let's not pile on Veralun. It's okay to disagree, but it shouldn't be personal.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

To be honest, when I first read the post, I was thinking "spam", then I saw the number of posts and the image.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:52 am 

AdamJohnso wrote:
To be honest, when I first read the post, I was thinking "spam", then I saw the number of posts and the image.

Yeah, I'd let the post stand, if asked my thoughts...although I will say the wording was somewhat unfortunate in the initial post. (After all, there have been posts here about former Cyanist's projects.)

It treads the line of soliciting, but eh...this once it can be overlooked, I think. I would advise a more...indirect...approach to sharing one's ideas and ventures on the forums in the future, however. After all, Uru *is* both a game, and strangely, a social-networking point in it's own right.

Anys, just my own thoughts in regards to the matter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:24 am 
Obduction Backer

Kickstarter games are commercial ventures too, aren’t they?

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
Awww, c'mon, it's not really advertising; it's still just a dream to have a business that he can advertise. ;)

He's a long time community member who's sharing his hopes and dreams with us. And, he's not the first one to post about a fund-raising venture - it's usually games. Don't make me go research the links. :P

Jeremy, judging by this one picture here, you seem to be creative and imaginative. I expect you'll go far in your photography business. The Go-Fund me page looks great and I wish you all the best in meeting your goal. :)

Sorry, Tai'lahr. I went and looked at the page, and it's all about raising money for a commercial venture, even though he's doing it by voluntary donations. This sentence sums it all up:

Quote:
Any donations that can go towards my first professional quadcopter would be kindly appreciated.

The relevant forum rules are:

Quote:
II. SPAM - Cross posting, stacking posts, excessive nesting or advertising for any commercial venture (other than Cyan products) is not allowed.

VI. LINKS - Linking to specific webpages that break these forum policies for the purposes of getting around the forum policies is not allowed.

He isn't just talking about his dream. He's asking for money and linking directly to a web page designed to collect it, and that's a clear violation of the forum rules.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:47 pm 

Oh well, as I said before my intention was not to try and break any of the rules and to share something cool that I want to do. But I guess you are right, fire away, lock the post. :/

*sigh* so many rules and regulations all the time, no fun for play.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Jeremy, turn it into a game and move it to Kickstarter and then, apparently, it will be okay. :?

Kickstarter Thread - Share Kickstarters

QUERN (Inspired by Myst) - On Kickstarter!

Support former Cyantist KS project

Riven developer creates new VR adventure called Ethereon

_Hadean Lands_ is available

Unwritten Kickstarter!

Shouldn't the rules be applied fairly and consistently?