It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:39 pm 

Wow... I'm about as speechless as I've ever been! Since we seem unable to
reply to this post by our very own RAWA... here goes...

Dear sir! NOW knowing the strain it took on you attending our [and yours] MOULa
5 Years Anniversary Party... I, as a co-arranger wish to apologize!!! So sorry!!!
[Had we known this, we could had Nurses and Doctors ready in case of emergency!
We'd need to keep this in mind for the next time we will try Party People A-Part!]

But knowing you guys at Cyan... what the heck! I hope it was worth it!?!

But seriously [I can be serious, honestly I can!]... All the best and speedy recovery
to you RAWA! And All the donuts in the world to you etc. etc. And we really hope,
I'm sure, to see you [and the Cyan'tists] at the upcoming CavCon Awareness
Event!
You try bring the guys from Cyan HQ. We'll bring the Nurses. [& the donuts]

Btw. I wrote a story just recently... I did in fact not realize that the brightest colours
on my shirt must be those in a shade of CYAN!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:46 pm 

Posting again here, because you deserve it. You can beat this, and we're going to help you in every way we can. Get well soon, Rich!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thinking of you and your nearest and dearest - you've been through so much. It's time to think about yourself, and not to worry about Cyan and us. Get well!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Nice post, Max, and I'd like to add my two cents to this 'Hi there, RAWA, we love you and we think of you and yours' ... :P

Thank you RAWA, for being as awesome, gentle and kind and as open-hearted and open-minded as I've always perceived you to be, and for showcasing and sharing this here so wonderfully and openly ... and thank you for all the valuable insights and for spilling the beans so mightily lol, about long awaited and now maybe more 'soon' to be expected exciting prospects ... :)

And yes, you are blessed, and you deserve it, because you are a blessing and a gift to all of us and the world just as you are (warts and all lol), not as you or anyone else might think you 'should be', and this applies to everyone, of course ... May your newly found deeper appreciation for your life and life in general uplift and encourage you and carry you smoothly and gently through everything your recovery process might entail ... Many more Blessings, Love and Light to you, your wonderful family and friends and all at Cyan ... :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
RAWA, you are the heart and soul of this community, the reason it has thrived and developed into what is today. You have been the thread that binds us to Cyan and all things Myst & Uru. That's not just sappy BS; I've seen it in my research. You gave the fans so much for so long that it built the foundation for our relationship with Cyan. Even when you're less communicative, the foundation and warm regards for you and Cyan remains.

We owe you so much; please don't hesitate to ask for anything.

RAWA wrote:
3) I am in the process of creating several websites. I intend for one to become the home for the official D'ni language and history archive.
And, you continue to give. This is the best Myst/Uru news I've heard in a long time, but my feelings of elation are tempered by concerns that this work could tax your health. I do hope you'll take advantage of the community's warm regards and respect for you, and call on us for assistance where it's feasible.

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's hard to find the words for how much your contributions have meant to us, RAWA. Thanks for letting us know. I left the best comment I could.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:17 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I've posted my good wishes for RAWA on his CaringBridge site.

It is rare that the customers of any company know the people behind that company in the way that we know the people at Cyan, much less care about them in any real and meaningful way. It's probably a mark of Cyan's engagement with its fans (despite our frequent complaints of not getting enough contact!) that so many of us feel we know RAWA personally and are touched by what he, his family and friends are going through right now.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

I also posted a story for 'mom' on the Caring Bridge site. Mac, you said it for me very well. I feel I know RAWA though I can't possibly. As a created character, I should not even know that the storyteller exists ;) Best to RAWA for a return to health and for strength for his entire family.

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

I mean you created the D'ni language and worked on two 20th Century classics. You were one of the original developers on Myst which is now in the Museum of Modern Art. Your work will go down in history and be remembered for many generations.

You not only created the foundation for an entire saga, you also have been consistently active in this community and giving to the fans for over twenty years.

Hope you get better soon and can return as soon as possible to the helm at Cyan doing your amazing work!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

RAWA Wishing you and yours all the best !
Get well soon, we need you :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Take an easy and relax then you will recover and be better than ever before, may you continue to bless others and the community.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:53 am 

All my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, RAWA, at this time. Know that you've touched a LOT of people here, and you're just generally an all-round cool guy! May you get well soon!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:40 am 

We love you, RAWA.

Keep resting and get better. My thoughts, of course along with countless others', are with you!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

I received a birthday check for $100 the same week that MOULa appeared online for free, and as I had never been able to play that particular game I gifted that amount to Cyan. The result was that you sent me an email, and, well I felt like I'd been touched by a myth.

Yesterday I read your blog. I've been through a health ordeal and know how your world shrinks as you undergo treatment and recovery. I just hope that you and your family truly feel the warm wishes and support the Myst community is linking your way. Shorah, RAWA! Get well soon!

Member of MystiTech Productions

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:42 pm 

It's too bad to hear about your health problems RAWA :(. It sounds like you are on the road to recovery, so at least that is good news :). Earlier this year I did a Heritage Night about why I love Myst, here is the speech I read at the event: https://heritagenight.wordpress.com/2015/05/16/1439/. I hope this helps you in some way.

I forgot to return to the thread.