It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: GOG sale again :)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:50 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah everyone,

Once again, Good Old Games is having a sale through November 25, where all Cyan games (along with *many* others) are available at a discount. If you are looking for stocking stuffers, this is a great opportunity to collect 'em all before Black Friday. :D

Note: you will want to search for "Cyan" there; sadly, the link to the resulting web page won't work in the forum BBS here :(

Post subject: Re: GOG sale again :)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:55 am 
Obduction Backer

If you trust a shortened link, this should work (guess which game is not from Cyan :wink: ).

I guess I’ll get at least Uru:CC for wrapper testing :D

EDIT: if you click e.g. Real Myst, there’s an option to buy a bundle.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:37 pm 

$4.99 for URU:CC, it cannot be cheaper than that!

I bought the GOG's Edition of URU:CC 2 or 3 years ago at that bargain price. If you are hesistant, you should go for that edition. I had bought the 2 CDs Edition a long time before that 2nd buy and it was tiresome to look for these CDs everytime I was reinstalling the game. And there was always some compatibility & "ok where did I put that NO-CD patch again?" issues popping.

With 5 bucks, you'll be ensure that URU:CC will run smoothly on every modern platform with no compatibility issue. The license is global meaning you can, just like me, put the game on different PCs that you own.

If you say: "I'm playing MOULa, why would I buy URU:CC?".

MOULa is great but URU:CC is far more great stuff! I mean it! Just last weekend, I replayed the whole TPoTS quest on URU:CC... just "Wow!". The crabs look sharp, they are not as dumb as in MOULa. You can jump on them, they push you back. The fog in Sphere 2 is more realistic, the crystal steam when the ning trees break apart is very nicely render. The Great Tree Pub (this is how I'm calling it) is asthonishing, nothing in comparison of MOULa's Great Tree Pub...with an inactive sphere ("which could be switched ON with only 1 code line...") (cough)(cough)(cough)

Remember that URU:CC runs with the native engine intended by Cyan, HavoK. All the sceneries are sharper, there's hardly no bug.

MOULa runs on PhysX, which is not bad in itself but was not intended in first place. It results in great experience for skydivers (I'm not going to bash my main playground... :wink: ) but for the game experience, you are missing a lot, a way lot in fact. Even with the so-called "new client", the experience is not there at all.

...and it's 5 bucks...

If you are not convinced then I dunno what I could say more ... :lol:

------

For my parts, I should be tempted in buying the Real Myst Masterpiece Edition. I never bought it when it went out because I'm boycotting the Steam platform. I prefer the GOG versions of games where I'm sure I have the complete game and only that (understand here I'm all in for GOG's bonuses, I'm just opting out of Steam's "mysterious" installation scheme on my PC...)

EDIT

There was a nice surprise waiting for me on my GOG account this morning...

Look who was waiting for me:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

I hope you know the reference, it's a game series I HIGHLY recommend :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

For the next 18 hours, GoG's "Mystified" Bundle is on sale for $7.55. The Bundle includes Myst Masterpiece, Riven: The Sequel to Myst, Myst 5, Real Myst and Uru: Complete Chronicles at 80% OFF or 60% off select items!! That's $7.55 for a $38 package! But only for the next 18 hours, apparently.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:24 pm 

For the next 47 hours and 40 minutes (ending at 14:00 UTC on November 25), the "Mystified" bundle is again on sale, with 80% off when purchasing all items at once ($7.55, saving $30.40), or 60% off when purchasing selected items. Grab it while it lasts!

MO:ULagain KI: #00042189
The cavern is Image, Minkata is Image
.graner fa b'poget Est biv .graner fa b'hUr Est
.graner fa b'nem Est biv ga tre'oKoT b'lasa Est

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:25 pm 
Got them all--what a deal! Thanks for the post. I was just thinking about #5 last night; feeling ready for a challenge... those tablets!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:44 pm 

Yep, 50% off all things URU.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]