It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Obduction
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:48 am 

Google translate:
Two days have passed since the launch of Obduction, ...... It is not possible that I have to wait to receive the activation code by Obduction Kickstarter after I paid my contribution three years ago while I could very well pay for the game and receive it immediately by Steam or Gog ........ no longer participate in these initiatives, this is my decision not to pay funds to Cyan in advance ..... I am totally disappointed.

Italiano:

Sono trascorsi due giorni dal lancio di Obduction,......Non è possibile che devo attendere per ricevere il codice di attivazione di Obduction da Kickstarter dopo che ho versato il mio contributo 3 anni orsono mentre potevo benissimo pagare il gioco e riceverlo subito da Steam o Gog........non partecipo più a queste iniziative, questo è la mia decisione di non versare fondi alla Cyan in anticipo.....sono totalmente deluso.

Post subject: Re: Obduction
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:34 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I believe that everyone should have received their fulfillment email from Humble Bundle by now (I got mine two days ago) - note that the emails don't come from Cyan so you might have overlooked it. If you haven't received it then it may because Cyan don't have up to date contact details for you. Either way, you should probably contact Cyan.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

My email was in my Spam folder late Wednesday afternoon, from "Humble Bundle"

"Laugh it up, Chuckles" -- Space Ghost to Rand Miller; MOUL KI #38615, Mulligan KI #37069, MOULa2.0 #130257

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:07 pm 

/me crawls out from under rock.

Ive been working on my age writing XP pc modifying Uru for so long im not even sure if my Win 7 is powerful enough to handle Obduction. :shock:

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:35 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Karkadann wrote:
... im not even sure if my Win 7 is powerful enough to handle Obduction. :shock:
For what it's worth, I've got Obduction running pretty playably on a Core i3 (3.3GHz), 8GB RAM, and an old GT520, albeit on fairly minimal settings. Using the mouse to steer and the keyboard to walk/run works pretty well with reasonable responsiveness.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

As it seems, giovanni4 never received the “Obduction Backer Receipt” mail, though he is in the Backers list. He sent emails to Support and a ticket to the Helpdesk, but I guess it will take some time.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:05 am 

So..... apparently the lady on Obductions intro video sounds like me....or I sound like her. Nope...not me, but if they ever need a voice double, I will gladly help.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have a mid-2011 iMac which seems to fit at least the minimum specs even with an AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB graphics card. However, the Cyan site indicates that the iMac needs to be a Late 2012 version or later. Does one anticipate that the final Mac version of Obduction will have the same requirements or might there be some flexibility added for older Macs?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

The final requirement will probably be the same. The actual requirement is for the Metal graphics API, which is not compatible with the mid-2011 iMac. I don't expect that the Unreal engine (or the Obduction code that uses it) will be extended to support the pre-Metal environment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:20 pm 

Hurray, I got my obduction key today. I have been trying to prove I was a backer for over a week. They at Humblebundle will send it if you send them a screen shot of the receipt we received a LOOOOOOOOOng time ago. Wish me luck I haven't down loaded it yet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:22 pm 

After a snag or two getting into Steam, and a power loss in the middle of the long download for Obduction, I finally got to try and play it. I guess it is too much game for my 3 year old Gateway computer. Hope they send the boxed game as they promised so maybe I can play it on my next computer. Hope all you other backers are enjoying the game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

You might want to try it at the lowest settings. Does your computer meet the minimum specs?

Also, Steam let's you play it on more than one computer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:00 am 
Obduction Backer

I just received an email from GoG on a 'Back to School Sale', that includes 10% off on Obduction. From some of the postings I've seen, this might be just enough to prompt at least a small sales spike.

-Pinkutus & the Borg

Ad astra
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam