It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Main site off the screen
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:11 am 

I realize that this is probably a final indication that I have too many toolbars, but I am unable to see the entire contents of the main site, as it keeps going past the edge of the browser. Normally, I would put up with a scrollbar and be content with going back and forth while grumbling about how I need a bigger monitor, but as the scrolling is handled within the text, there is none on the page. Thus, I find myself going to fullscreen when I get to the ste just to read everything.

My point is to ask first if anyone understood the preceeding paragraph (I tend to ramble, don't I), and second to ascertain who else has been having similar problems. I am currently running at 1024x768.

Edit: Okay, apparently IE (6, using IE tab in Firefox) shows scrollybars. I am at a loss as to why Firefox does not show them (not that it is terribly surprising) and still prefer running Firefox in fullscreen to IE

Edit2: Now that I actually come to look at it, the site goes well beyond what would normally be considered the end, almost once again the page length.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:36 am 
Obduction Backer

I am using Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.3 at 1280x1024 screen resolution, but without the browser maximized. Scrollbars do not appear and I am unable to view the "Destruction is coming" and company logo graphics without maximizing the window.

Cheers,
- Deg -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Yeah had a look at this. Works fine in IE6 but not in the latest firefox. No scrollbars. This is a css bug that the web dev should fix kinda asap or those people using 1024x768 and lower :) Nice site though!

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:43 am 

I'm using 1024x768 and Firefox, and I can work the site just fine... Must be something else. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:51 am 
Obduction Backer

It's a CSS problem. Get rid of that darn overflow:hidden in BODY (which IE conveniently ignores) and it works perfectly in Firefox too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:25 am 

<-- A recent Firefox convert.

I was wondering why the site didn't scroll...I run at 1280x1024 resolution but the size of the browser window is about half that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]