It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:04 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

:cry:
My Deepest Condolences to Her Family & Friends.
Shorah
Lu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Dear Tai'lahr
I will miss your always kind and enthusiastic comments on this forum. My thoughts go to your family.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:04 pm 

That's very sad news indeed. I can't say I was very close to her but I knew her and I'll miss her. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:06 am 

We here at GoMe will miss our dear friend terribly. Our response to the community's tragic loss of Tai'lahr can be found here:
https://guildofmessengers.org/2019/10/1 ... f-tailahr/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for your great eulogy, Nev'yn; that was heartfelt and very kind.
And thanks to whoever at Cyan added Tai's name to the Pub Memorial with such rapid response.

I do hope that someone who was close to Tai'lahr in RL can convey to her family the outpouring of concern, affection and loss that her passing has brought about in our small sector. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:39 pm 

Yes sad news indeed :cry:

She was special guest at one of my Heritage Night once:

https://heritagenight.wordpress.com/201 ... ulas-past/

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Emor D'ni Lap wrote:
And thanks to whoever at Cyan added Tai's name to the Pub Memorial with such rapid response.

That was RAWA; his Mama reported this on Facebook.

So sad. One thing I remember Tai' for is her AGM behaviour. She was always so quick to thank presenters, to praise people for reported achievements, to notice and commend work done on behalf of the community. So it's my time to do the same for her :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:48 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Emor D'ni Lap wrote:
I do hope that someone who was close to Tai'lahr in RL can convey to her family the outpouring of concern, affection and loss that her passing has brought about in our small sector. :cry:

I had a difficult time deciding about this, but I'll share with you a portion of correspondence I had with Terri's husband:

JWPlatt wrote:
...Terri has been an incredible contributor to this community for almost 15 years. Always the cheerleader, supportive, and her empathy always had her thinking through others instead of herself. It seems just like her to never have mentioned her own medical issues, but was always there to help others through theirs. I think if there were any lesson I will remember of her, selfless empathy will be the one I remember most. It is a difficult lesson to master and she achieved it so easily and naturally. ... We will all miss her presence greatly, but my and community thoughts will be with you and Terri's family.

I understand we’re probably all strangers to you, and I don’t wish to intrude on your grief, but I’d like you to know that Terri was a well-known and loved central contributor to our community in effort and spirit.

Tai'lahr's husband wrote:
I appreciate the thought and more especially the comments. Tai' talked about you guys often and how much you helped her and meant to her. I am so glad that all of you got to know her. As she actually was in real life, she was in the community.

Because of your history and the fact that she talked about you guys so much, I feel like I know you. I'm saying this to let you know that you are not strangers to me, in the strictest sense of the word, and that you or anyone from the community that you feel good with can reach out to me anytime. She was my best friend and I will miss her terribly so hearing these types of things makes it a little easier knowing I am not alone in my feelings.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:00 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Please make sure to read Mac_Fife's memories and tribute to Tai'lahr on our OpenUru.org blog:
http://blogs.openuru.org/blog/2019/10/17/tailahr/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

It saddens me to hear this.
Tai'lahr was always around and a very active community member. Always polite, friendly and helpful.
I didn't have many personal conversations with her (that must have been during the GameTap times), but she felt like, or rather she was, an essential part of our community. It will be weird to no longer see her contributions on the forums here.

My thoughts are with her family.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for relaying in both directions, JW. It helps to hear about not being strangers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
Please make sure to read Mac_Fife's memories and tribute to Tai'lahr on our OpenUru.org blog:
http://blogs.openuru.org/blog/2019/10/17/tailahr/

Thank you JW and Mac, for this

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:26 pm 

Tai'lahr was well-liked in Second Life too.

There is a write up in the SL Newser: https://slnewserpeople.blogspot.com/201 ... nikow.html

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

I didn't know Tai'lahr; I only really remember her during the MOULa period, but she stood out as a constant presence and community leader during that time. She was always welcoming when I happened to see her in my sparse visits to the cavern, and for that I will especially treasure her memory.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:04 pm 

Murray and I are very sorry to hear the news. Tai'lahr was a very active member in Myst Online and we remember her helping out in the Greeters' hood on many occasions. Our thoughts are with her family and loved ones!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next