It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Uru: Complete Chronicles
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:42 pm 

I bought this game pack last year and in it came two disks: Uru: Ages Beyond Myst and Uru: The Path Of The Shell (Expanision Pack). However There was supposed to be two expansion packs. The one missing was the Uru: To D'ni expansion. So I just supposed that they both just came in the same disk. A few days ago I I completed the Original game and the Path of the Shell expansion. However according to the Walkthrough guide that I was using I didn't have the to D'ni eexpansion. What should I do about it. I can't find the reciet anywhere, so I couldn't prove to the shop that I bought it from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hmm, I believe the 2 expansions are on one disc, there is a simple way to find out if it is installed, when you are in Relto look on the book shelf to the right of the entrace, there should be 2 books on the top shelf, a greenish one and a brownish one.

And on the other shelf (the Linking Book shelf) you should have a blue book with a golden pattern on the spine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:49 pm 

The CC should really come with both expansion packs on two disks.

If I remember correctly, you can check if have have the "To D'ni" Expansion Pack installed:
- can you visit your Bevin (not just only the rooftops)?
- can you link to the ferry terminal through the Nexus?
- is the linking book present in the hidden niche in Teledahn?

The old download link is:

http://uru.ubi.com/us/downloads.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:52 pm 

To ShardOfTruth: I have the first two things but I don't think I have the third. What is the third one, maybe I do have it.

To the other guy who answered first: I have all of the books that have a symbol over them on the linking book shelf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:07 pm 

Then you have "To D'ni" also installed.

Try to find the hidden book in Teledahn, maybe there is a clue in Sharper's office;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:08 pm 

How do I access the rest of the Fairy Terminal??? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:27 pm 

yoshi851jw wrote:
To ShardOfTruth: I have the first two things but I don't think I have the third. What is the third one, maybe I do have it.

To the other guy who answered first: I have all of the books that have a symbol over them on the linking book shelf.

Uru CC: I have the two CDs version and the Uru to D'ni is included.
You will get some of the D'ni's book as you play along.

Here is a link to a post with an image of the Main Bookcase and a list for identification...
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5451034/m/7861079593?r=7861079593#7861079593

The "To D'ni" books are # 7/8/9.

When you play ABM's first four ages, you will come across some linking books that will take to the Uru to D'ni section and you will get some new links in one of them. (like when you go to Sharper's office in Ae'gura and or the Spy Room) from Teledahn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

[spoiler]Go to Sharper's office (the one you get to via the fish tank) and do some studying if you haven't yet. He'll give you all the clues you should need, or a way to find them.[/spoiler]

You can't get any farther along in the City until you do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:40 pm 

I don't mean to be annoying but what is ABM???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

yoshi851jw wrote:
I don't mean to be annoying but what is ABM???

Uru: Ages Beyond Myst. It is the original form of the game, without the To D'ni or Path of the Shell expansion packs.

Edit: Often those parts of Complete Chronicles from that version are called ABM.

Last edited by Wafna on Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:42 pm 

Abbreviation for "Ages Beyound Myst", the first section. Sorry for that. :oops: :lol:

TPotS for "The Path of the Shell".

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:43 pm 

OK then ahouild have realised that, sorry.

Does anyone know where I could get a to D'ni walkthrough. I've already tried gamespot and gamefaqs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's not a walk-through as such, but I personally love the Universal Hints System.

It gives you hints of increasing detail, until giving you the actual answer. If you just click through all the hints, it's as good as a walkthrough.

"Never put Dolby on snake detectors"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:50 pm 

yoshi851jw wrote:
Does anyone know where I could get a to D'ni walkthrough. I've already tried gamespot and gamefaqs

GameBoomers is a pretty good place for walkthroughs and forums etc.

Uru walkthrougs, down in the page...
http://www.gameboomers.com/Walkthroughs/Uwalkthroughs.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:50 pm 

Personnally I like UruObsessions Library it contains the current MOUL walkthrough as well as a fairly decent Uru:CC walkthough.
http://www.uruobsession.com/?page=ChooseLibrary

For future reference

Uru:ABM
This was the 'original' journey you'll find the first six ages on your relto bookshelf have a red hand symbol. People were supposed to purchase URU:ABM then sign upto Uru Live. Unfortunatly Uru Live was cancelled.

to D'ni expansion pack
This is a free expansion pack and a required pack for TPOTS (or POTS) basically Cyan took the content rolled out into Uru Live beta (known as prologue) and gave it out as a expansion pack, they also attempted to bring a little of the story of prologue (name of the previous Uru Live beta) to us people, the books relating to this journey have a blue triangle over them I believe theres 3. The Yellow one is probably the most important as it links to 'The Nexus'.

The Path of the Shell (TPOTS) expansion pack
This contained all the content Cyan had ready for Uru Live Ubisoft paid them to finish it up and wrap a story on them. Personnally I quite liked the To D'ni and TPOTS stories. This expansion gives you back the KI and a notebook which makes in game note taking very easy basically all the other books relate to TPOTS. Theres quite alot of ages to explore and some of the puzzles are excellent.

Originally you could only purchase Uru:Ages beyond Myst and it was on sale sometime after Uru Lives closure (grumbles about getting Uru:ABM two months too late) with the release of the expansion pack TPOTS Ubisoft rolled the lot into one set called Uru:Complete Chronicles.

MO:UL (Myst Online : Uru Live) has since returned as you can see on these forums, it costs $10 or £6.54 a month for a gametap (which includes MO:UL) its more backward compatible (POTS won't run on my laptop!) looks better and from the DRC age release it looks like we will finally see the POTS ages as Cyan originally intended.