It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:28 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:15 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

greydragon wrote:
Lots of good discussion,

Please remember to keep it civil and lets all agree that we have the right to disagree.

Ryan

The mods are here to say what GD said, and have, so I can't tell if the post was meant to say they are listening, or just implying they'll say nothing more. Typically enigmatic. They can't help it; it's what they do; it's who they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

I do not appreciate having an idea attributed to me which I have neither stated nor endorsed.

I also do not appreciate personal attacks. I have the right to state my opinion. So does everyone else. But I think we have to draw a line at belittling comments with the substance of "Your opinion sucks!"

I have been critical of Cyan in the past; I will probably disagree with some decision they'll make in the future. I happen to agree with their decision that Until Uru's time is over. You should understand that this situation creates complexity and difficulty for myself as well, if you are aware of the projects I'm involved in - but I am not crying over the challenge. I am moving forward and seeking solutions, because I've found that tantrums are ineffectual in solving problems.

Last edited by Marten on Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:33 pm 
Cyan Employee

I'm working on a post. It will be posted later today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Please Cyan, In the name of those how can't afford the live, of the shrad admin of have given so much time, of those people still excluded from game tap because they where unlucky not to be born in USA or Canada, please please do not shut down until !

Fells lost and desperate.

I'm saying it again please please please, give us the means to let until live, don't let there years being reduced to nothing !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:34 pm 

A post about what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

TomahnaGuy wrote:
A post about what?

If he told us what the post was about, it would probably be the content of his post. :D I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:46 pm 

:lol: probably!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

greydragon wrote:
I'm working on a post. It will be posted later today.

I hope it will be good news

Post subject: shards
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:53 pm 

hopefully GD will have good news ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

I took a stroll around Tapestry Shard this evening and just out of interested I used my oldest avvie... its been at least 2 years since I last used this avvie.

I looked through the tons of KI-Images I still had saved and I realised that those early UU days were a truly magical time not because the graphics were amazing, or because the gameplay and content was brilliant, but because all we had was each other... a small, family-like, community.

While I love Uru Live and have wanted nothing more than to see it return for the past 4 years... I just loved going back to my little shack on my Tapestry Relto this evening and reflecting on how far we've come. I'm going to miss UU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
Typically enigmatic. They can't help it; it's what they do; it's who they are.

Employment at Cyan involves weeks of intensive training in Advanced Enigmatics the RAWA Way. Only the strong survive.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:54 am 
Obduction Backer

A gaming guild my hubby & I belong to has a mantra:

Play nice and show some class.

Cyan does care - they watch the boards - Gregbert replied to a post of mine just yesterday. Greydragon replied twice in this post. They've replied in other posts, along with Lbell, eap, cho, toria, and others. Maybe the first post in this thread was a little abrupt, but none of us know the conditions under which it was made. Greydragon may have been up for 48 hours trying to fix stack dumps. Maybe it was dictated to him. None of us knows.

"Play nice and show some class." How about all of us do that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:08 am 

Um, I know I get mistaken with Tor'i.... ;) who is Victoria Almond, who is a Q & A lead at Cyan, but we aren't the same person ;)

Tor'i's profile http://www.mystonline.com/forums/profil ... rofile&u=3

My profile
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/profil ... ofile&u=28

EDIT: I've been informed that she's in fact a Q&A Lead at Cyan, of which there are 3. So, hope that clears up any confusion.

Last edited by ToriaURU on Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:29 am 
Cyan Employee

Some have said that we should have contacted the Shard Admins and informed them of this change a longer period before the closure. In fact, we had a discussion (privately) with a majority of the shard owners a few months back. The basic consensus of the shard admins and owners at that time was, “I would give up my shard... if it meant Uru Live coming back.” Well... it's coming back.

From reading this thread, many are explaining that Until Uru was a place where they could really attach themselves. I ask you… why can’t you have that in Myst Online? The shards separated groups of like-minded individuals. Neighborhoods allow groups to do that if they choose in Uru Live. We even introduced neighborhood cities so that each little group could hang out with their friends in Ae`gura.

We have worked to help the community grow, and we will continue to work to bring people into the community. We announced recently that GameTap and Cyan Worlds, Inc. are working with another company to bring Myst Online to the Mac. We continue to work with Turner's legal department in an effort to make sure more countries can join in on the fun. We continue to work on download options and other improvements to the Myst Online World. We do this to make a better player experience for everyone.

We announced at an earlier date that we will have a Visitor experience on Myst Online. Visitors will only have access to certain "free" areas of Uru Live, but the user will be able to chat with their friends and get a glimpse of what Uru Live has to offer without paying anything.

We do this, because, like you, we want Myst Online to succeed.

Until Uru gave us a place to remember the past and gave us hope for the future. That "future" is now and in a few days Myst Online will launch. We hope that it succeeds, and we will continue to work our hardest to make it succeed.

Until Uru will always be something we remember at Cyan, and I will personally remember the fun events I had in it. Uru Live changed to Until Uru, now it changes once again… it changes to Myst Online: Uru Live.

Some might not be able to get in the game at launch but, like our Mac friends of years past, they will always be a part of the community.

Peace –

Greydragon and the Myst Online Team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Amen.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 27  Next