It is currently Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:47 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Only a handfull had regular visitors and those numbers were very small too.

We may be a "handfull" but we DO care, trust me !
Because the people who want until back are a minority doesn't mean we can be ignored, we're as a part of the community as you are !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:04 pm 

macnbc, I think you hit the nail on the head.

To the ones who want UU back: I appreciate your standpoint, I really do. Especially if you are not able to play Uru (yet), I feel deeply for the ones who live in the "wrong" country, they of all people have a reason to be sad.

However, and this is purely my opinion, I think that this thread might (I emphasize MIGHT) give the wrong impression that we ALL want/need/must have Until Uru back or ELSE we can't be happy. I really don't think that many people want Until Uru back. I have spoken to so many people who say "Ah well the userKI was fun while it lasted, but FINALLY we have moved on to the REAL thing".

Somewhere in this long thread it was hinted that shard owners are wronged as a group and deeply distressed. Of course, that might be true of some, but not everybody. We were shard owners and we happily moved on. Unfortunately, the ones who have done so might not wish to post in this thread. This might give a somewhat distorted image that we have been wronged by Cyan.

Apart from the valid argument of not living in a supported country I can't think of ONE GOOD REASON why we so desperately need to keep Until Uru. In so many threads (here and elsewhere), I have heard quite the opposite; people claimed they were bored out of their skulls with the lack of anything new. Now finally we got something new, and we want the old thing back? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
I can't think of ONE GOOD REASON why we so desperately need to keep Until Uru

Being on dial up, not having a computer able to run the live, not having enough money, that's quite a lot of reasons.

And even if we can go on the live, there is a reason : freedom. Being able to have fun without annoying anyone telling us what we can or can't do. That's what make until and live different, why they can co-exist.

And after all, it wouldn't have been a problem to the people on the live had until stayed. It change noting for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:40 pm 

All I have to say is, make the tools available for age creation and I'm sure Cyan will have a steady stream of player created ages they can impliment as they see fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

But even so, it'll have to stay 'IC compliant' , and no admin ki, no user ki.

Anyone with a good reason about why until couldn't have stayed ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:57 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Yes. Cyan. It belongs to them. They loaned it out for awhile. Now they wanted it back.

Simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

EowynCarter wrote:
But even so, it'll have to stay 'IC compliant' , and no admin ki, no user ki.

Anyone with a good reason about why until couldn't have stayed ?

Because Cyan is a for-profit B-U-S-I-N-E-S-S and Until Uru not only took up a portion of their resources (however small), but it also would've been a competitor to their paid product. Cyan is not a charity, and you should not expect them to function as one.

Your argument that Until would be for people who couldn't afford Live is moot. There is a free version of MOUL. (Visitor mode.)

Your argument for so-called "freedom" is also not winning many fans over. We should be able to exploit the game however we want! Sorry. Its Cyan's property. Not yours.

Like I said, at this point all you are doing is trying to raise a hornet's nest. Cyan has spoken. The community has moved on. Enjoy Myst Online: Uru Live, the true future of uru.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:09 pm 

Quote:
Cyan has spoken. The community has moved on. Enjoy Myst Online: Uru Live, the true future of uru.

Well said, I won't say any more, just this... the "freedom" in UU was relative. There was a very strict code of conduct, and most shard owners were a lot more "triggger happy" than I find Cyan now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Because Cyan is a for-profit B-U-S-I-N-E-S-S and Until Uru not only took up a portion of their resources (however small), but it also would've been a competitor to their paid product. Cyan is not a charity, and you should not expect them to function as one.

Most of the people who miss until and could subscribe DO have a gametap account. (taken before they knew of until going) They're myst fan after all. So the "killing business" argument is null !

Quote:
Your argument that Until would be for people who couldn't afford Live is moot. There is a free version of MOUL. (Visitor mode.)

Where you can do noting, I tested. Uru in visitor mode is just lame ! It's no better than "nothing".
Quote:
Enjoy Myst Online: Uru Live, the true future of uru.

Oh I'm enjoying it, But that dosn't stop me from wishing we still had until !
And I miss my friends who can't go there (very few of them actually goes on the live), even though I met some people on live.
Enjoying the live doesn't mean I wouldn't have liked to go and party on until every now and then.

Quote:
There was a very strict code of conduct, and most shard owners were a lot more "triggger happy" than I find Cyan now.

Not on the shrad I was on !
Flying though the aguera, watching the fishes in kemo, doing some stupid things with the userki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:37 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

OK, it appears most, if not all, of what needed to be said has been. Rehashing the issue is not going to change it.

I'm closing this topic now.

R.I.P. UU

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27