It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Writin' a movie...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:47 am 

For a couple years now, I've been writing a movie... it originally went through about eight drafts as a play, but when a theatrical director read it and decided it wouldn't be doable as a play, he suggested I make it into a movie, so that's what I'm doing.

Lord knows when I'm gonna finish the movie script version (it required quite a bit of revision from the silly, campy play version - something I wanted to avoid in this one), but it's getting there. It's called "Hopelessly Devoted", and it's a romantic comedy about a high school student trying to win over a girl he first saw in the school musical. (It's also partially based on events from my own high school life.) The fruits of my labors have produced about 90 pages worth of script, and it's coming along very nicely!

So... do I have any volunteers that might like to read it after it's done?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:52 pm 

No, I just use Microsoft Word to write it.

I'm hoping to film it this summer now that I have a camcorder, but I'm very concerned about where I could get a cast - I'm totally stumped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:45 pm 

Even though you can't be a member yet, you can still get your script registered with either the East or West Screenwriter's Guild once you have it finished. It's a protective measure really and it does cost a little. We did that with my husband's movie script as it was to be put directly in the hands of an actor who shall remain nameless (but if you ask me privately I'll probably tell anyway since he hasn't done one thing with the darned thing for two years now and he rushed us to finish it to get it to him!!! :evil: )

As for a cast, my husband made a short film a few years ago and he got folks from a local theater group to perform in it. They were thrilled to do it, but it was extremely difficult working with everyone's various schedules. (They did have to perform as a donation since they were all working actors. One of them had to use a different name in the film because he belongs to a union or something.) You might even find a university drama class who might be willing to give it a go as a project.

-Bonnie

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]