It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:06 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

enjoying28, I tried what you said still not stuck, see my added note in the spoiler in previous post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:39 pm 

because I got a Jailbroken iphone, I could get the game savings and I sent it yesterday to cyan.
The didn't response jet.

Last edited by [email protected] on Fri May 08, 2009 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:55 pm 

ok so my mistake i meant to not get stunk go west go se then n then turn around and go s then sw and your stunk you will hear a ping in the center twice with a pause between them. when you go ne and you cant go nw to get out. just reponded it again to confirm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

[spoiler] Ok let me make sure I have this right so I won't have to repeat it again ;) . . . once you get past the SS, you take the SE rather than the correct W direction, and that is when you get stuck? is that correct or can you back up from there?[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:17 pm 

[spoiler]Yes and you have to not backup go north turn around then sw then your stuck for good.[/spoiler]
do that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

lin @sauce reports using an iPhone 3G
can I get the spec on the other 2 devices please

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:59 pm 

Mystdee wrote:
lin @sauce reports using an iPhone 3G
can I get the spec on the other 2 devices please

16gb 1st gen iPod touch, whatever the latest non-beta firmware is :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:03 pm 

iphone 3g 16gb not jailbroke

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:11 pm 

I'm having the exact same problem as stated in the initial post. I'm stuck in the same 3 areas (with the middle area giving me a beep) and no way out. I was navigating the tunnels, drawing a map on a sheet of paper and when I got to this area, there was no way out.. When looking at my map, I got there using the same sequence N, W, N, E, E, S, S, SE as stated in this post.

I didn't save a bookmark before entering the tunnels and I don't want to restart the game from scratch... Is there any solution to get out of this area? (I don't want spoilers, I just want a way to get out of there without having to start a new game)...

If it helps, I'm using the 16GB iPhone 3G with software 2.2.1

Last edited by ntropy on Thu May 07, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks you both. . . . while I have not been able to reproduce this exactly as you have described, I am putting in an official report so the devs can see what they find in or around that area. thanks for being as helpful as you have been.

Meanwhile since if there is indeed a bug here, and the fix will not be immediate, I do know that if you use all the correct directions you can get through, so that you can finish the age . . . . that of course is up to you if you'd prefer to wait rather than use the list of directions. . . . either way, I am afraid if you can't get out, you have to start a new game or pick up at a previous save.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:27 pm 

I got locked into the same place last night. 3 destinations and only the center would make a noise. I also had the red page if that helps. I'm not sure the directions I took to get there. Had to start the game over.

1st Gen 16-gig iPhone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

thanks Stephen I will add your input to the report. . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:45 pm 

will if there is any thing else you need let me know I can recreate the bug over and over. and yes as long as you don't go se at that point you can make it out. if you stuck you have to restart the game drag current to the trash can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:08 am 

I had a mail from the support team, the have a successful fix that will be available in the first patch for the game. This patch will be available as soon as possible and will automatically correct the problem.

Post subject: tutelary ride
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:22 am 
Obduction Backer

Super job, Mystdee
You'te giving the iMyst a real shot in the arm.

However the patch works for tutelary's problem, i am delighted in the way Cyan engages our senses with its presentation of these problems. They are masters at perceptual manipulation. It works so well in this SciAge Tube problem, that it is most difficult to discuss the problem.

One thing that tutelary should be learning in this is not to run off into the maze without making a map.
This is behind what Artic Wagon was saying. If a rider on the tube does not keep track of North, then they are at the mercies of the madness built into the problem.

It won't help here for me to add this, but after looking at tutelary's very cryptic diagram, i should say he is at Stop 8 to Stop 9. Stop 8. You explain in your orientation directions, Mystdee. It is the first Stop to introduce a non-orthographic turn -- that is, #8 introduces the first SW direction as part of the correct sequence . Prior to that the 45 deg angular directions are dead ends.

[spoiler]SPOILER MAP
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o206/pappou/SciAgeTubeRideSOUTHUP1.png

This map is turned upside down to correspond with tutelary's diagram[/spoiler]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next