It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:58 am 

To clarify, prior to upgrading, the game worked fine besides the black screen in the age with all the ship wrecks. (sorry, I don't know the official name of the ages). The black screen occured in an undergound chamber with what looked like a painted compass on the ground. I hadn't figured out the puzzle so randomly pressed buttons and then screen went black. Since then, have been waiting for the patch.

Hopefully the reinstall gets the game working. I know if it is a genuine bug that Cyan will fix it based off their community involvement, but I fear another month patch approval wait. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:04 am 

Zirjin wrote:
Unfortunately once I upgraded, it no longer works. It shows the loading graphic of the Myst island but then exits the app. I am running iPhone OS 3.

When I get home later, I will try reinstalling Myst.

Same here. Crashes at launch with 3.0. This completely sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:17 am 
Obduction Backer

I also upgraded my iTouch to the 3.0 and updated Myst I have had no problems. I did it through iTunes maybe that will make a difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:01 am 

OK, it's working now.

Originally, I did it through the App Store. Then I deleted it from my iPhone and updated through iTunes on my laptop.

It works, but my game wasn't saved. Back to square one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:22 am 

Mine was done via the iTunes for Windows.
Perhaps it isn't the iTunes that matters, but the reinstall? (Since you said you tried again via iTunes).

Since I suspect it doesn't handle the update well, but handles reinstall ok.

I will find out in a few hours anyway when I can test it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:35 pm 

Restoring from backup and patching upto the latest version again through iTunes, failed with the same issue of the game crashing after the launch screen showing myst island.

Completely erasing the game from the iPhone and installing from scratch, has given me a working copy with no issues that I can see.

Unfortunately, this has resulted in the loss of my save games.

Oh well, hopefully I can remember the solutions to the puzzles I already solved. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't want to spoil the party... but... I actually liked the way you read the journals in the Myst Library. :( I thought it was inventive and easy to use. Now it may be harder to read for some people.

The in-game browser is a great improvement! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Erik,
I had no problem with the books as they were either but apparently there were enough suggestions by fans that it be full page that they changed it. On the good side, I can read it with no problems and sometimes the small print is not so easy
* ahem "at my age" LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 pm 

Mystdee wrote:
This is a bug that is addressed in the update which has not yet been released . . . it has been "in review" for a long time so hopefully any minute now ;) when it is . . . . you will be able to get out.
BTW:
[spoiler]that last turn you have on your list should be W that's the same error that many made and got stuck![/spoiler]

Yippee! I'm out and didn't need to go to a prior bookmark. Thanks so much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am so glad you got out! :lol: enjoy the rest of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:11 am 
Site Admin

Zirjin wrote:
To clarify, prior to upgrading, the game worked fine besides the black screen in the age with all the ship wrecks. (sorry, I don't know the official name of the ages). The black screen occured in an undergound chamber with what looked like a painted compass on the ground. I hadn't figured out the puzzle so randomly pressed buttons and then screen went black. Since then, have been waiting for the patch.

Hopefully the reinstall gets the game working. I know if it is a genuine bug that Cyan will fix it based off their community involvement, but I fear another month patch approval wait. :)

Doh!
Yup, I was able to reproduce this crash using a user's save game that he sent to us. It only happens if you try to restore from a save game that was the black screen bug. Once you restored, it will crash on start every time unless you can remove the save0 save game (or remove all the save games).
I do have a fix that I'm testing that will resolve this new crash bug but obviously I can't get the fix out to you very quickly. Sorry about that.

Also, I will add a way to go to the Setting and specify that you want to reset the current game on the next load. That way if this circumstance happens again there is a way to just get rid of the current game with out losing all the save games.

Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:33 pm 

I have been following this forum for awhile now since I ran into the error that Zirjin wrote about above.

After waiting for the update, I also now have the problem where the game will not start for me. I tried backing-up the phone, uninstalling the game, then applying the backup with no luck. (I did this to try to not lose my save games)

Here is my question: is it worth it to wait for another update to fix this issue? How long (approx.) will this take to fix?

I have multiple saves so I am hoping I can load from one that is a little behind my current game. I really want to avoid playing this game from the start as this age is the 4th I have been to.

I would be very disgruntled if I had to restart the game from the beginning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

While fixing it might be fairly quick, the Apple approval process can be a long wait, the last Myst update took over a month in review! We can only hope that it will not take that long for the next one, but can't be sure what will happen.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4