It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:33 am 

I was playing Myst on my 16G iPod Touch today and after struggling on a puzzle I decided to take a break. I left the game on and just set it aside... when I returned to my iPod, it had gone to sleep and I can't seem to wake it back up. I plugged it into my computer thinking maybe my battery had died but it hadn't. (I don't think my bat was dead because in my attempts to wake it up, I took a screen shot that synced to my iphoto showing the time and battery power) It made the sync noise and started syncing to my itunes but still the screen will not wake up. Myst is the newest game I have and this has never happened before, So I'm not sure if it's a problem with my unit or a bug in the game... any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Try turning it off entirely to reset the memory, then turn it back on and go back to the game
if this doesn't fix the problem please give me the details so I can make a report and also compare to any possibly similar problems others may have had

Where in the game this occured
what puzzle were you working on,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:40 am 

It happened inside the clocktower on the tumbler puzzle... is there a special way to shut it off without being able to see your screen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Use the button on the top of the ipod (hold it down like when you turn it off) It should still bring up the power off slider. Then power it off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Also another question are you using the 2.2 OS, or are you using the 3.0 beta?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:47 am 

I've tried that, but nothing is waking my screen. So I'm not sure how to turn it off... That's why I'm wondering if it's a game bug that others have had or thinking it may just be a problem with my actual unit. I'm going to try and reset the actual ipod through itunes and see if there is any luck. Just letting you know in case this happened via a bug. Hope it's just my ipod, game looked great to this point :) haha

v2.2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:49 am 
Obduction Backer

anderton.chase wrote:
I've tried that, but nothing is waking my screen. So I'm not sure how to turn it off... That's why I'm wondering if it's a game bug that others have had or thinking it may just be a problem with my actual unit. I'm going to try and reset the actual ipod through itunes and see if there is any luck. Just letting you know in case this happened via a bug. Hope it's just my ipod, game looked great to this point :) haha

v2.2
I had my IPT crash once where it was not wanting to recover, and eventually it shut itself off. . . Not sure what caused that for me either. . . let me know what happens when you do get back to the game OK?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:51 am 

Sounds good, thanks for your quick response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:18 am 

Well I got everything reset and my screen lit back up.. i'd play the game again and let you know what happens but I didn't get a chance to move myst to my itunes, so it disappeared off my ipod. :( just goes to show, always use the itunes app store for apps instead of direct from ipod app store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:33 am 
Obduction Backer

:shock: Oh no! I always go through iTunes, if you don't do you lose the app in a case like this? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Unlike music purchased from the iTunes store, you should be able to re-download the app from within iTunes by selecting the Store menu and picking "Check for Downloads". I had my iPod die while attempting to download it directly to my device and it vanished from the iPod. If you can't get it to re-download in iTunes, try contacting Apple's iTunes support to see if they can give you a hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Correction to the above. My apologies, I've only had the "app went bye-bye" problem once besides my issue with Myst, and in the case of a completed download that later disappeared, you'll need to follow the steps in this support article on Apple's website:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702

If Myst (or any other iTunes store content) fails to download completely, follow the steps I outlined in my original post. Otherwise, check out the link in this post :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:48 am 

How do I download songs to my iPod using different computers without my current songs getting deleted? I have a video iPod and I downloaded songs using my friend's laptop. I then hooked up my iPod to another friend's iPod to download more songs and all the songs I previously had all got deleted.

Last edited by deannali on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

The best way I have found is to make a back-up CD of your iTunes library, you can then add them to your library from that if necessary. I usually use the same computer for my library, so I am not familiar with other methods, You might be better off to contact Apple support and ask them this question, maybe they have a better way. :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]