It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 5:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Selenitic Age Bug?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:08 pm 

Hopefully this is just me not getting something rather than a bug. If thats the case, just tell me to keep trying!

I am in the Selenitic Age (the one that you take the rocket ship over to).

*Spoiler Alert*

So I wandered around, found all the sounds, and figured out which ones were the key sounds for the door. I then went to the contraption where you point the various dishes at the sound sources. I have then aligned as follows:

Dripping Water: 157
"Burning Gas Sound": 130
Clock: 60
"Crystal -Water/air Sound": 14
Wind: 212

They all seemed to be aligned properly and playing the correct sound.

I go back to the locked door and set the switches to the sounds in that order: Water, Burning, Clock, Crystal, Wind

I press the button, but nothing happens.

Now if this is just that I am not getting it, great, I will keep on trucking! But I am worried because I have already been blocked by two different bugs ( the matches bug on the main island and the compass black screen of death in Stoneship Age) so I just want to confirm with someone that I am not encountering a bug before I spend another hour or two trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks.

Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

You are close but not quite right on. . . . at the scanner the arrows light in the direction you need to adjust if the setting is not right. . .
Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:44 am 

Mystdee wrote:
You are close but not quite right on. . . . at the scanner the arrows light in the direction you need to adjust if the setting is not right. . .
Good luck!

Ok, thanks! As long as its not a bug I am happy to keep plugging away at it!

I do think from a game play point of view though, that if you can tune in the sounds, that should be good enough. Otherwise it could lead to a lot of frustration for those that think they have it and can't understand why...

Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:11 pm 

LuckyMyster100 wrote:
Mystdee wrote:
Good luck!

Ok, thanks! As long as its not a bug I am happy to keep plugging away at it!

I do think from a game play point of view though, that if you can tune in the sounds, that should be good enough. Otherwise it could lead to a lot of frustration for those that think they have it and can't understand why...

Ed

Ok, one more question. I went back and made sure the tunings were correct. So I get this:

Running Water: 153.4
Gas burning: 130.3
Clock: 55.6
Water/Air/Crystal sound: 15.0
Wind: 212.2

None of the arrows light up, so that would appear to be it. I then set the sliders on the door panel to those sounds in that order (Water first, Wind last). I press the button button but nothing happens.

I am worried its a bug. But once again, if I am missing something, then just tell me to keep trying. Otherwise I am hoping its not a bug. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

There may be one thing you forgot to do at the scanner
[spoiler] you need to press the larger button below the settings to set it [/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:16 pm 

Mystdee wrote:
There may be one thing you forgot to do at the scanner
[spoiler] you need to press the larger button below the settings to set it [/spoiler]

Unfortunately I did that several times. Just tried it again to make sure. No luck. :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

All Of the areas in question have the Microphones turned on? could you have missed one, or accidentally turned one off?

Oh - I just reread your post and see that you put the sounds in the order they appear on the scanner is that right?

if so there is a different solution: Read if you want the answer or figure out what you may be doing wrong if you prefer.

[spoiler] You need to press that large button and listen and watch to see which sounds play, in which order and set the door panel in that order [/spoiler]

Last edited by Mystdee on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:10 am 

Mystdee wrote:
All Of the areas in question have the Microphones turned on? could you have missed one, or accidentally turned one off?

Oh - I just reread your post and see that you put the sounds in the order they appear on the scanner is that right?

if so there is a different solution: Read if you want the answer or figure out what you may be doing wrong if you prefer.

[spoiler] You need to press that large button and listen and watch to see which sounds play, in which order and set the door panel in that order [/spoiler]

Ok, thanks. I will see if that works!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:47 am 
Obduction Backer

I at first thought I hit a bug at this point. I had set the scanner device to all the locations. I then went to the door and the sliders next to the door. I for quite some time was very dismayed because I couldn't get the sliders to move at all. I tried my fingertip, my fingernail, nothing was working. I pushed the button and quick tried to move the first slider, nothing. :cry: All of a sudden I heard the water noise as my fingertip was on the slider and when I moved my fingertip up the slider followed. Eureka I found it! /me was very scared for a bit.

Lightkeeper

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]