It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 9:36 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:58 pm 

I wanted to try this out to evaluate this before purchasing and downloaded the free version.
Using an 16GB ipod touch ver 3.1.2
Have over 2GB of free memory and did a shut down and restarted the unit to flush the memory out.

Loaded Myst Free onto the ipod touch.
Start up the game and the first few screens come up (notice and two splash screens of the developers).
The a black background screen with (what appears to be) stars on the top half of the screen and some object partially drawn in the middle of the screen.

Then ... that's it!
No more images, no more activity. Tapping on the screen does nothing and I wait for a few minutes (okay - 2 minutes) and nothing happens.

I have tried downloading the game again from itunes store and reload into the ipod touch with the same results.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

There's an option to reset Myst when you go to the Settings App on your iPod. Perhaps that will fix your problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Does it go through the credits before it stops, and if yes, is it a book (the object) that you see? If so, you need to touch the book, if not, and a reset hasn't helped, then you should submit a ticket to support: http://support.cyanworlds.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:02 pm 

Just as a follow up to this issue, I have been contacted by someone from Cyan (possibly support or developer) and they have indicated that it is possibly a firmware issue - the latest firmware is 3.1.2 on the ipod touch. Most people would be on 3.0 or 3.1.0/1 ...

Erik wrote:
There's an option to reset Myst when you go to the Settings App on your iPod. Perhaps that will fix your problem.

I had tried deleting the app, creating more memory (by deleting other apps, music, films etc) and then resetting the ipod.
After downloading again, it still freezes up - so the problem manifests itself at the same point of the introduction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:05 pm 

Mystdee wrote:
Does it go through the credits before it stops, and if yes, is it a book (the object) that you see? If so, you need to touch the book, if not, and a reset hasn't helped, then you should submit a ticket to support: http://support.cyanworlds.com/

The developer contacted me and asked if I saw the intro movie.
I promptly responded "What intro movie? All I see are stars on the top half of the screen and what seems to be a book being faded in but freezes up."

I think Cyan is now aware of the issue and am quite happy if they want me to formally submit a fault ticket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Update: Yorrick told me that he downloaded Myst Free a third time and now it runs fine for him.

So, if you are having problems like Yorrick where the game freezes or crashes at the same spot from the get-go (in other words, it always did that from the first time you downloaded the game). try downloading the game again. You can do this by deleting the app (Myst Free) and then going to the Myst Free iTunes page and hit the 'install' button.

BTW, if you delete the paid version of Myst (or any paid app), Apple does remember that you have already bought it and will let you download it again for free.

Thanks,
Chogon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]