It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 2:30 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:01 am 

Hi all. A few days back I purchased Myst on my iPod touch 3G.

In the Myst island I started noticing the game was a bit dark, like in the clock tower room I could barely see anything but the levels and numbers. But I didn't think much of it.

Now that I'm in Stoneage, it's completely unplayable. I cannot see anything in those two little tunnels (not sure if they're even tunnels, it's just pitch black), same with the room under the ship. I probably need to flip a light switch or something since it's much darker (literally pitch black) compared to the first island, but even if I do, I won't be able to find it because all those room are pitch black dark.

I looked through the forums here with no mention of this.. so I guess I'm the only one? What can I do? I already restored my touch and reinstalled, it did not help.

Turning up the brightness on my iPod just turns the contrast up, it still doesn't help, everything is just bright dark (heh, not sure what the term is).

I'm looking at the screenshots on iTunes and my game definitely doesn't look that colorful and bright

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:10 am 
Obduction Backer

You are right about needing to turn on some light. . . . . where else might you find a light besides in the room itself?

Also, if you really get stumped, there are in game hints of varying degrees.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:12 am 

Mystdee wrote:
You are right about needing to turn on some light. . . . . where else might you find a light besides in the room itself?

Good luck!
Ah thanks. Still odd, my game is definitely darker than it feels it should be. I just took some screenshots to upload on the forums here but I couldn't seem to open them on my computer, they're some special format.

Anyway, they were still dark in the screenshots, but when the screenshot light flashes for a second, the game looks completely like it should be, nice and bright

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

RUSBoris wrote:
Mystdee wrote:

Good luck!
Ah thanks. Still odd, my game is definitely darker than it feels it should be. I just took some screenshots to upload on the forums here but I couldn't seem to open them on my computer, they're some special format.

Anyway, they were still dark in the screenshots, but when the screenshot light flashes for a second, the game looks completely like it should be, nice and bright

Hmm, some of the areas in Myst are pretty dark intentionally. The areas you mention in Stoneship are dark for a logical reason. The clocktower interior is also pretty dark, mainly for the artistic effect, I think.

The only picture I found of it is somewhat of a spoiler (it shows what the end of a puzzle should appear like).
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Here are some other areas, though, for comparison
I'm not sure if these pictures were edited or anything, but they look fairly like what I remember the brightness of the game to be like in those areas. If that's about what your game looks like, I'd say it's probably fine.

For the specific darkness of the Stoneship tunnels, here's a bunch of hints in spoilers (each spoiler you open will be more spoilery than the last - open as many as you feel like).
[spoiler]You need to illuminate the indoor areas. This is a puzzle. [spoiler]Don't look for power switches. [spoiler]You will need to supply power to the lighting (and other things) to brighten the tunnels. Where have you A) Not gone on the Age, B) not seen something useful? It's probably there that your power source is hidden. [spoiler] In an interesting coincidence, power for the lighting is in the lighthouse (was this intentional? I don't know). [spoiler]There's a battery at the top. Crank it until it shows that it's powered, and the lights should work for awhile. The ship cabin is another story - be patient.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:50 pm 

Yes, that's what the clock tower looks in my touch. So guess there's no problem :) thanks for the support!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]