It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:04 pm 

Hi,
I just purchased Myst (love the game) for my brand new iPhone 4, and it is not working!
When I try to sync the app through iTunes, it stops at about 75% and I get an error popup that says:
The program Myst didn't install on xxxxxx since its resources has changed.

Myst Free worked without any problem (I tried that before I d/l the real deal).

(I followed the steps given, buy first, download to iTunes and then sync the app with iPhone)

I have all the latest drivers/updates/firmware to both a brand new iPhone 4 and iTunes, and since I've already dowloaded a whole bunch of apps, both free and payed for, the problem must be with the app itself.

I'm really sad beacuse I simply love the Myst series, and have them all as PC-games so I was really looking forward to be able to play it in my iPhone.

Please please help!

Thank you! :cry: :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:12 pm 

Take a look at the "Notes" section on the Myst app store page (you might have to click "more.."). It mentions that iTunes will need 1 GB of free space to install Myst even though Myst is only about 500 MB. It has something to do with how iTunes installs apps, and isn't the app's fault (besides it being so huge).

It also says you can use the extra space after you have installed it onto your iPhone.

So, try freeing up at least a 1GB on your iPhone and try again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:32 pm 

I have more than 27 GB of free space so thats not the problem & I read all the notes et cetera.

:idea:
BUT, since I'm so pushy when I want something technical to work really really bad, I thought about it for a while, and re-downloaded it from the AppStore, and Lo & Behold, I could sync it with my phone. Happy days! :o

SO, that's a tip if someone else experiences the same probs as me when dowloading.

Thank you very much anyway!

Cant't talk - playing Myst on iPhone! KthxBai
8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]