It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 9:48 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:42 pm 

NOOOOOOOOO

For some reason I can't install it...
It says this error in iTunes:
Quote:
The app "Riven" was not installed on the iPhone because some of it's resources have been modified.

What should I do? :? I am sure its not space issue as I have 6.1 GB free... I also have the newest iOS so that couldn't be an issue either...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

That error message happens when the install package is different from the original.

There are a couple of ways that could happen:
- You could have modified the contents on purpose (not likely)
- You downloaded and moved it around on your network or PC/Mac which accidentally changed the contents
- Your download to iTunes was corrupted or incomplete (most likely)

You can re-download (I know its big) from the App Store again. The App Store should remember that you already purchased it (if the transaction completed) and let you download it as many times as you need.

Hope that helps,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:20 pm 

Thanks, I was suspecting on the corrupt download issue so I am redownloading right now... Will say if I get the error again.
Also, sorry about posting it in the main Riven thread :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:46 pm 

I tried installing the newly downloaded version. Same issue.
Interesting that the newly downloaded version is 1 byte bigger in size than the old one.
I now really don't know what to do... I could try doing a complete restore to factory defaults, but I don't think that would help. Last thing I am going to try now is to install it via other USB port.

EDIT: That didn't work either... I am going to sleep and hope some kind of a solution will pop up during the night... :(

EDIT 2: Downloading and installing Riven directly on the iPhone and not syncing it from the PC did the trick :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]