It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Riven sound bug
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:26 am 
Obduction Backer

What a pleasure it is to have Riven on my iPhone! Thanks, Cyan!

I noticed a small sound problem today. Someone phoned me while I was exploring Temple Island. As expected, the sounds of the wind and the waves faded out and the phone UI appeared.

After the call ended, I was back in Riven but it was eerily silent. No wind, no waves. Not all sounds were gone, however, just the ambient ones. I could still make sounds by rattling a gate or pressing a button, for instance.

I restored the ambient sounds by going inside the Gate Room and then back outside.

Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

It may have more to do with where you where in the game when you got the call than a generic problem. If you can remember what location you were at when you got the call that would be very helpful. And then submit a bug to http://support.cyanworlds.com/

BTW, there is a hidden way to show the ID number of your location so you can be more exact when submitting a bug. If you go to the Option screen by hitting the i button and then drag the current game into the Credits button three times, it should switch back to the game with the location ID at the top of the screen. Include this location ID along with the island or age you were at (such as Temple Island: 42245[0]). To remove the location ID display, drag the current game into the Credits button again three times.

Thanks,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:15 pm 

Same issue here. It happened to me on Jungle Island where the Sunners are. No ambient sound after I got back in to game after a call, but the sound resumed when I moved to a location where ambiance usually changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chogon wrote:
It may have more to do with where you where in the game when you got the call than a generic problem.

I'm pretty sure it's a generic problem. I've reproduced it in two more locations, most recently at 59624 [0], near the Jungle Island end of the maglev line to Temple Island.

If it doesn't happen to you, maybe it depends on the model of phone. Mine is an iPhone 4.

I'll submit the bug formally later this afternoon.

Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:36 pm 

I've got a similar problem, but unfortunately it's the in-game sounds (the "important" ones) that are missing! And it seems there's no way to get them back. Does anyone have the same problem?

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:09 pm 

Ramperto wrote:
I've got a similar problem, but unfortunately it's the in-game sounds (the "important" ones) that are missing! And it seems there's no way to get them back. Does anyone have the same problem?

Thank you!

Ehrm, rebooting the iPhone did the trick... :?
(I must add I had already tried to reboot, but didn't work)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]